Play3r

make a variable make it so it jumps to another place in script.

hello anyone
I'm making a SP game and i want the player to contact a oldman for info in a town, when the player get in 2 mtr from the oldman i want the oldman to look at the player and the SUBTITLES is shown on screen but i want the script to jump to the subtitle in the EXITWITH if the player runs in to the oldman one more time.

i have a trigger with this

type: none

ACT: none

Repeat is ticked \/

COND :TRUE

ACT : 

0 = oldman spawn { 

waitUntil {sleep .1; player distance2d oldman < 2}; 
oldman lookAt player;
oldman disableai "move";

_handle = execVM "TALK\oldman.sqf";
  };

In my OLDMAN.SQF :

// _handle = execVM "TALK\oldman.sqf";
if (oldmandone < 0) exitWith {_handle = [] spawn {["OLDMAN", "I have already given you my information.."] spawn BIS_fnc_showSubtitle};}; <-- i want this to be told to player if he turns  to the oldman again in mission

_handle = [] spawn {["OLDMAN", "Hello sir, if you go into the barn you will find"] spawn BIS_fnc_showSubtitle};
sleep 8;
_handle = [] spawn {["OLDMAN", "some things that might could help you with your mission."] spawn BIS_fnc_showSubtitle};
sleep 8;
_handle = [] spawn {["OLDMAN", "It is all we got, if you need anything else,"] spawn BIS_fnc_showSubtitle};
sleep 8;
_handle = [] spawn {["OLDMAN", "you have to find it somewhere else."] spawn BIS_fnc_showSubtitle};
sleep 8;
_handle = [] spawn {["OLDMAN", "Good luck, i have work to do.."] spawn BIS_fnc_showSubtitle};
sleep 5;
oldmandone = oldmandone + 1;
oldman enableai "move";

I think i have to make it run in a loop so it can do the exitwith but i don't know how to do it. can it be done in the trigger.

i have tried with [ at the beginning  by the if (oldmandone <0 and a ] call BIS_fnc_loop; but no joy

Any one with a idea how to solve this problem for me.

Edited by Play3r
spell check

No need to do it with triggers, remove them.. just put this into your init.sqf for example:

// dialog will be shown only once, when you meet old man for the first time
wasHere = 0;
[] spawn {
while {wasHere != 1} do {
				waitUntil {(player distance2d oldman)<2}; 
				oldman lookAt player;
				oldman disableai "move";
				wasHere = wasHere + 1; //the condition "wasHere != 1" will throw false next time

_handle = [] spawn {["OLDMAN", "Hello sir, if you go into the barn you will find"] spawn BIS_fnc_showSubtitle};
				sleep 8;
				_handle = [] spawn {["OLDMAN", "some things that might could help you with your mission."] spawn BIS_fnc_showSubtitle};
				sleep 8;
				_handle = [] spawn {["OLDMAN", "It is all we got, if you need anything else,"] spawn BIS_fnc_showSubtitle};
				sleep 8;
				_handle = [] spawn {["OLDMAN", "you have to find it somewhere else."] spawn BIS_fnc_showSubtitle};
				sleep 8;
				_handle = [] spawn {["OLDMAN", "Good luck, i have work to do.."] spawn BIS_fnc_showSubtitle};
					};	
  			// some other code if wasHere is 1 => if the player come back
		};

Cheers!

just change for:

0 = [] spawn {

if (!isNil "oldmandone") exitWith {["OLDMAN", "I have already given you my information.."] spawn BIS_fnc_showSubtitle};

["OLDMAN", "Hello sir, if you go into the barn you will find"] spawn BIS_fnc_showSubtitle;
sleep 8;
["OLDMAN", "some things that might could help you with your mission."] spawn BIS_fnc_showSubtitle;
sleep 8;
["OLDMAN", "It is all we got, if you need anything else,"] spawn BIS_fnc_showSubtitle;
sleep 8;
["OLDMAN", "you have to find it somewhere else."] spawn BIS_fnc_showSubtitle;
sleep 8;
["OLDMAN", "Good luck, i have work to do.."] spawn BIS_fnc_showSubtitle;

oldmandone = true;
oldman enableai "move"

};

15 hours ago, CSLALUKI said:

No need to do it with triggers, remove them.. just put this into your init.sqf for example:

wasHere = 0;
[] spawn {
				oldman lookAt player;
				oldman disableai "move";
				wasHere = wasHere + 1; //the condition "wasHere != 1" will throw false next time

sleep 8;
				sleep 8;
				sleep 8;
				sleep 8;
					};	
		};

Cheers!

Hi CSLALUKI

your script works , but there is something wrong it writes the line _handle = [] spawn {["OLDMAN", "I have already given you my information.."] spawn BIS_fnc_showSubtitle}; when the WASHERE still is 0 after the first text part,, i have changed a little part in the script :

wasHere = 0;
_talk = [] spawn {
                oldman lookAt player;
                oldman disableai "move";

sleep 8;
                sleep 8;
                sleep 8;
                sleep 8;
                oldman enableAI "move";    
                sleep 10;
                    };
_handle = [] spawn {["OLDMAN", "I have already given you my information.."] spawn BIS_fnc_showSubtitle};                    

};
i have given the oldman a chance to get away with the sleep 10 command but the last line is still shown with the first contact,
        do i need some kind of {player distance2d oldman } command before the subtitle command, i have tried with the ""waitUntil {(player distance2d oldman)<2}; "" command but i get a error