flint500

"Dynamic Airport Configuration" in jets dlc scriptable? update: YES!!!

hi everybody

i found the doc about the possibility of placing custom airports on maps since the jets dlc > https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Dynamic_Airport_Configuration

is it possible to do this via script? i.e. adding this functionality to a invisible helipad?  i would like to add an airport in one of the realworld pmc-terrains somewhere on flat ground and add some base and airport structures for some jet missions.

or is ist only possible with building an addon?

sorry for the noob questions and thanx for any clearence!

!!! UPDATE: Yes, it is possible to place a dynamic airport using a gamelogic as airport center. the one, that is used for the carrier is predefined in arma3 config!

"DynamicAirport_01_F"

example howto in editor:

1. place a gamelogic at an empty place

2. copypaste this into the gamelogic init field :

_dynamicAirport1 = DynamicAirport_01_F" createVehicle position this; plane01 landAt _dynamicAirport1;

3. place plane with ki-pilot 500m above terrain and name it plane01

now watch the plane landing at your airport.

i found the info here:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/landAt

have fun with testing and building your own landable airports  ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't think so. You need to do it via config -> addon. The info on that page is a little misleading where it says:

Placing the airport in 3DEN allows to see its shape in the map view (2D map), as well it's rotation. However, in 3D it's basically invisible. This is an example of the airport shape with the configuration above (not rotated in 3DEN):

I may be wrong, there might actually be something you can place down which defines it as an airport. I will look now and edit post.

...some more info:

default direction of the carrier airport is -8 deg. using this code, the airport is perfectly rotated to starting to south, landing to south:

_dynamicAirport1 = "DynamicAirport_01_F" createVehicle position this; 
_dynamicAirport1 setdir 8;

gamelogic or invisible helipad works fine.  but this only works for tailhook planes !

exactly what i was looking for!  :)

• Like 1

Oh. Good fine! I did look in Eden editor but didn't find anything, I searched for airport and checked logics, modules, etc... I guess it is scripted only?

Ahh, very cool! I can imagine a few cases where this would be quite handy.

Hey, I've been experimenting with the dynamic airports and found that the best way to use them is to place any object in the editor, save the mission and edit the classname of that object in the mission.sqm to "AirportBase". This airfield won't have any restrictions specific to carriers and can now be placed anywhere if you save it as a custom composition.

However, I've noticed that those airfields are not considered by AI for takeoff if there is another available airfield on the map. It will taxi instead to the nearest terrain bound airport and will ignore the dynamic one just placed. I've tried all I could to make the AI use it but the only workaround I've found so far is to use a terrain with no other airfield and have only dynamic ones placed. Should I issue a ticket for this or is there something I might be missing?

Edit: To be clear, the AI will takeoff properly if there is no airfield already built on the terrain.

1 hour ago, NinjaRider600 said:

Hey, I've been experimenting with the dynamic airports and found that the best way to use them is to place any object in the editor, save the mission and edit the classname of that object in the mission.sqm to "AirportBase". This airfield won't have any restrictions specific to carriers and can now be placed anywhere if you save it as a custom composition.

However, I've noticed that those airfields are not considered by AI for takeoff if there is another available airfield on the map. It will taxi instead to the nearest terrain bound airport and will ignore the dynamic one just placed. I've tried all I could to make the AI use it but the only workaround I've found so far is to use a terrain with no other airfield and have only dynamic ones placed. Should I issue a ticket for this or is there something I might be missing?

Edit: To be clear, the AI will takeoff properly if there is no airfield already built on the terrain.

Confirmed.