Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Jimbo

Multiple animations

Are multiple animations running at the same time possible? If so, how would one do it?

I already know how animations work and such, and just want to know how to make multiple animations running at the same time.

Thanks!

-Lt. Jimbo

The Beta Mi-26 addon (The one with the opening doors) used multiple animations going on at the same time, open up its PBO and see how they did it.

Multiple animations is unavailble in OFP engine. It's just limitation and we must wait for delete this limitation wink.gif .

You can have multiple animation running the same time, but they can access only different selections. You can open the left door and at the same time you can retract an antena. You cannot animate any single part of the model by two or more animations at the same time.

suma: wouldn't retracting an antenna be a "translation" type animation - which I heard was not possible?

and OK, Thanks for your clarification

Translation is possible -it's a rotation around an axis far far away (but within mlod-specs)...

Is it possible to combine two animations? Example: One animation rotates base part of ramp and axis of second animation; this second animation rotates the end part of the ramp. Result: a folding ramp.

Is that possible? To define an axis as a selection moved by a different animation?

xmas.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suma @ Dec. 23 2002,20:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You can have multiple animation running the same time, but they can access only different selections. You can open the left door and at the same time you can retract an antena. You cannot animate any single part of the model by two or more animations at the same time.<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah right but someone from BIS had told me about add multiple animations in 1.91 OFP version. So, it's very funny because i can't see this feature. Are someone from BIS is working on this important problem (for add-on makers) ?

also, is it possible to have one memory point be the axis, and another memory point be the selection in which it rotates around the axis?

so:

selection="point1";

axis="point2";

and theyre both only defined within the Memory LOD.

does this work?

Can there be animations within animations? example, on

a V22 Osprey, could the propellers turn as the wings rotated

vertically? One thing that I noticed is that tank turrets can

use an animation within an animation because you can

elevate and lower the barrel while the turret is turning.

Yes, it's thats like in Osprey. I can't configure that animation for engines from Osprey because it's just limitation. We talking about two animations for two different selections grouped to third selection.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (TYsiEK @ Dec. 27 2002,11:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No. But try to make animation in new editor.<span id='postcolor'>

Does the new animation editor break this limit then?? Need multiple animation on one seleciton for my Comanche landinggear badly.... sad.gif

brsseb

well i think it doesn't break the limit actually..... you can just make any custom animation you like.......

äähm yes i got a little question concerning the multiple animation........

i want an to have multiple selections and multiple axis for them....... each selection has its own axis.......

How may i start all the animations on shoot?

eventhandler?'

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Maslow @ Dec. 27 2002,15:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i want an to have multiple selections and multiple axis for them....... each selection has its own axis.......

How may i start all the animations on shoot?

eventhandler?'<span id='postcolor'>

Good question, I have the same pb, can't advance with my anti air craft sys.

Plz help.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Maslow @ Dec. 28 2002,19:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">noone in here helping us?confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The program is very new and not many people have experience in this yet. Seems like the best way to learn is to get things like the breakdancer demo, de-pbo the file and check out the rtm and config file(s).

brsseb

My other profile says:

Lt. Jimbo

Group: Awaiting Authorisation <- Is this a good thing or bad? confused.gif

So I will just say that the animation editor only works with soldiers - as far as I know

I would think, that if you made selection names and whatnot, you would be able to make ani's for vehicles. In fact, i see no reason why you WOULDN'T be able to. If only my mod leader was here to help me out, i'd have a definative answer for ya. confused.gif

Hmm...I know its possible in turrets and such, so I assume it should work for custom animations too...

Another question: how would you run multiple animations in your config.cpp?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The program is very new and not many people have experience in this yet. Seems like the best way to learn is to get things like the breakdancer demo, de-pbo the file and check out the rtm and config file(s).

brsseb <span id='postcolor'>

Well our goal is to make simple rotations ..... our problem is just the config coding not the animating itself......

The config for animations is very easy. You can read some lines from .cpp in this topic .

thats not what we wanted........ to say it once again: we want standart ofp rotation animations triggered by the fire button of a gun .........