Nutzgo

Ace3-class and respawn menu (solved)

I've created a custom endgame-mission. On it I have custom selectable loadouts. I use Ace3. I have both selectable medic and engineer class.  Problem is, when they respawn they aren't defined as medic or engineer by ace anymore. Is it possible to link a setvariable in to a specific item (e.g. If a player has the toolkit, he get ace engineer asset) or uniform/vest (e.g. If the medic class has a unique vest, the vest 'trigger' activation of the ace medic asset). How do I fix this? 

player addEventhandler ["Respawn",{
if( vest player == "classNameOfYourVest") then {player setVariable ["ace_medical_medicclass", 2, true];};
if( "ToolKit" in items player) then {player setVariable ["ACE_IsEngineer",2,true];};
}];

put this in your initplayerlocal.sqf. Replace "classNameOfYourVest" by the desired classname

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

btw: in player setVariable ["ace_medical_medicclass", 2, true]; The 2 means doctor, replace by 1 if you want them to only be simple medic, same goes for engineers, 1 means mechanic (or whatever they are called I don't remember) 2 means advanced engineer. Set to 0 To reset for both.

• Thanks 1

So I tried this.

player addEventhandler ["Respawn",{
if( vest player == "n_m07_w_corpsman") then {player setVariable ["ace_medical_medicclass", 1, true];};
if( "ToolKit" in items player) then {player setVariable ["ACE_IsEngineer",1,true];};
}];

Now, it worked, and it didn't work.

Medic is not medic.
But! Engineer is now medic, but not engineer. 

OK, so, I've changed it a bit now.

I put this in "onPlayerRespawn.sqf"

_items = items player;

if ("ToolKit" in _items) then {player setVariable ["ACE_IsEngineer",1,true];

};

if (vest player == "n_m07_w_corpsman") then {player setVariable ["ace_medical_medicclass", 1, true];
};

Now it works; if you have the ToolKit you are Engineer, if you have the specified vest, you are medic.

New problem is: When I change class (e.g. you choose medic, then die - and want to have another class, e.g. machine gunner) you still are medic.

You know what, I fixed it after all.
I defined the other vests in the team to setVariable ace medical class 0:

_items = items player;

if ("ToolKit" in _items) then {player setVariable ["ACE_IsEngineer",1,true];

};

if (vest player == "n_m07_w_corpsman") then {player setVariable ["ace_medical_medicclass", 1, true];
};

if (vest player == "n_m07_w_mg") then {player setVariable ["ace_medical_medicclass", 0, true];
};

if (vest player == "n_m07_w_rifleman") then {player setVariable ["ace_medical_medicclass", 0, true];
};

if (vest player == "n_m07_w_squadleader") then {player setVariable ["ace_medical_medicclass", 0, true];
};

Thanks anyways :)

You could just have added an else scope. There was no need to list all the other vests. Also this is is strange because that first line of code I posted should have worked. Putting it in on player respawn file does the same as the event handler.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1