Sign in to follow this  
ParaFGM

WW2 scenarios

Hi all

Sorry if this question has been asked previously. I am brand new to ARMA3 and i particularly like the user created WW2 scenarios. Is it possible to change the parameters of a user created scenario?

In particular the revive and re-spawn settings? if so how?

cheers 

It is always possible but you will have to post some specifics. If the mission maker has included such settings in their mission they will be accessible on the lobby screen. If not you will have to unpbo the mission and edit it. If that is the case make sure that you have the creator's authorization before doing so.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ParaFGM said:

Hi all

Sorry if this question has been asked previously. I am brand new to ARMA3 and i particularly like the user created WW2 scenarios. Is it possible to change the parameters of a user created scenario?

In particular the revive and re-spawn settings? if so how?

cheers 

Hi welcome to Bis forums!
Most parameters for missions will be in the mission folder in the description.ext

Also what mission is it?

• Like 1

The maps we have so far played do not have the options in the lobby screen. I do not intend to change their name and repost the scenarios as my own. It is just so that myself and some friends can have some WW2 fun without having to wait till everybody is dead to get back into the battle.

Obviously, if it is still necessary to ask permission i will do so.

''If not you will have to unpbo the mission and edit it''

Can user scenarios not be edited from within the game editor?  do i need an external programme?

I was trying to change the scenario to allow re-spawning or the option for the medic to revive with a medikit

cheers for help

15 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Hi welcome to Bis forums!
Most parameters for missions will be in the mission folder in the description.ext

Also what mission is it?

Thanks for welcome

We tried several scenarios, if i remember correctly this was two of them

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1221025756&searchtext=merderet

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=945243658

alternatively, if someone could point me in the direction of a selection of WW2 multiplayer/co-op scenarios that allow respawning....that would be great. Because, there are hundreds and I cannot tell the difference, until I download the mods subscribe and we try to play it. Which usually means we have wasted a lot of time.

Ok, heres what i did, i subscribed to the mission, got ingame, and loaded it up in MP, from there i grabbed the mission pbo from the

steamworkshop folder, and put the mission in the editor, want to learn how get a steam workshop mission into the editor? 

to do that see my vid here:

Looking at the mission in the editor and the mission file, everything for that mission is done in the editor itself there are no scripts, or any files other then the mission.sqm

what i suggest you do is you can add a respawn if you wish but you'll want to place markers at points you wish to spawn at.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Ok, heres what i did, i subscribed to the mission, got ingame, and loaded it up in MP, from there i grabbed the mission pbo from the

steamworkshop folder, and put the mission in the editor, want to learn how get a steam workshop mission into the editor? 

to do that see my vid here:

Looking at the mission in the editor and the mission file, everything for that mission is done in the editor itself there are no scripts, or any files other then the mission.sqm

what i suggest you do is you can add a respawn if you wish but you'll want to place markers at points you wish to spawn at.

Thanks for this help Gunter

I shall watch this video as soon as possible.

I do not have any experience with editing, so i am hoping it is a simple procedure. However, i hope I am able to come back to you at any point for further help?

cheers

ps wow that was a great video tutorial.

Couple of questions for you. I assume, I can then go in to attributes and then to multiplayer and then change the spawn/revive options select a couple of re-spawn points and just click save?

1 hour ago, ParaFGM said:

i hope I am able to come back to you at any point for further help?

Yes of course, im here everyday.

1 hour ago, ParaFGM said:

Couple of questions for you. I assume, I can then go in to attributes and then to multiplayer and then change the spawn/revive options select a couple of re-spawn points and just click save?

Yes to a point but there are some details you must look at. i would suggest reviewing this page from the wiki under attributes and multiplayer https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Eden_Editor:_Scenario_Attributes#Multiplayer

Also suggest if you never did anything in the editor before review the Wiki on that seen here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Eden_Editor

Do the following:

1. be sure to set the type of mission it is, so it should be set to coop

2. indicate how many players, min 1 player

3. For respawn you'll probably want either a base respawn or side, if you choose side respawn then any friendly AI on the map present you can respawn into,

however there is a catch to that, they all would need to be set as playable.

For a base respawn, you must determine what faction side you are on,  you will need to place a marker where you wish

to respawn at so for WW2 using IFA3 for example:

Germans are Blufor  -----> respawn_west

Russians are Opfor -------> respawn_east

Americans are guerrila  ----> respawn_guerrila

In that mission you linked and i tested, you are playing as the Americans, so the marker would be named  respawn_guerrila

Lastly remember respawn only works in COOP/MP, let me know how it goes.

• Like 1

Marvellous explanation and helpful links. I will certainly let you know how i get on. Thank you once again for all your help. 

I have subscribed to your YouTube site too. 

• Like 1

Hi Gunther

Would it be ok if i sent you a file of the changes my mate has made to that scenario?

We are having problems with the respawning.

We are respawning where we die. 

Cheers 

He posted a thread and you might understand this better..this is what he said.

I'm a bit stuck with with a spawn point problem. I've set up triggers to activate markers as spawn points and they are working okay for me but none of my team mates in a coop game would spawn at the markers - they just spawn where they died.

I can't find any setting to make spawning different for individuals, only ones that affect the markers or the triggers or the whole game so I'm not sure where to look now. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

An e.g. of the activation string I'm using is :
respawn_west setPos (markerPos "base01"); 
So I think this should trigger marker 'base01' to become the spawn point for everyone in my team when the conditions are met. 
It works... but only for me!?