Αplion

HAFM NAVY (Ships) - v2.0

Hmm ... maybe for as long as there is a chopper with players on board near the ship. If there is no pilot in the chopper there will be no chance of the chopper taking off. Or with an engine on condition too.

Logically speaking who lets a chopper with an engine on while the ship travels? Chances for a ship being hit right when the chopper is with a crew and an engine on might be next to zero but yeah your argument has got a basis. 

• Like 1

logically speaking, Arma suppose to have vehicle on vehicle stuff already by itself. So logically speaking they do not have and we have this and logically speaking if you do not like helicopter landed but engine stays on, then land on static objects instead

After some testing, unfortunately there is bug in GPS leaded anti-ship missiles. Missile guidance with 6 digits system doesn't work at all. It is simple to test so it is most obious error at the first look. Missile not just misses the targeted grid, but it aquire as targets objects on the surface like boathouses etc on the totaly different side of targeted grid. I know this works before because this mission where I was testing is my old "confirmed" mission, what happened in the meantime I dont't know just want to bring attention to devolopers to see if it is possible to make fix for that.

Things I do CHECKED:

1-Target grid is INSIDE angle +- 45 of submarine direction and also ships in adjected grid are also in that regime 45degres of submarine so missile have no need for sharp paths. (but missile      never arrive in target grid)

2-Make sure about 6-digits of course 

3-There is note about lifetime of missile and starting self destruction mode - all limits are respected but still doesn't work. 

Please, any advice guys?

I just put a meko in Tanoa and a minigun boat to test it. Had no issues at all. Harpoon missile flew to the grid which I wanted it to fly, and it found the boat and sank it.

Can you put a picture of the setup you have in your test case and post a video?

Before your last post, yesterday I was testing more and found what was making trouble. It was empty submarines (sdv) on the bottom, and harpoon trajectory homing to them hitting the sea surface at the same point every time (verticaly of submarines at seafloor). But when I delete them and try to hit speedboats on the same way (6digits grid), missile don't travel to center of targeted grid, but it aquire nearest target on that way and start homing to it. Finally, I delete those mid-positioned targets and try if system works along the full clear ocean surface- and yes it finally works.

I will try to post you a video of that exact situation, in the meantime please check this new issue because it will be really handful if missle go to 6digit area FIRST and than start searching for targets (like it is writen in manual). 

Other weapon systems works like charms (torpedos, cruising msls, artillery..) even technical capabilities are exact same like manual.pdf says. 

Depth is another problem but first things first. 

And thank you for your time sir

it will not travel to center of the grid. It will enable the radar when it reaches to that grid area

Yes it should be like that (before it works) but now, projectile homing to nearest vessel on its way to targeted grid and forgots to arrive at 6digit grid centre. Will upload video as soon as possible

New update released today ...

changelog

- Added: Arleigh Burke-class destroyer.
- Added: New RIM-66 and RIM-174 missiles for Arleigh Burke.
- Modified: Cruise missiles control panel now shows Altitude and Distance between Waypoints, plus each ship has its own number of missiles (new config value) showing also Quantity and ETA to target (it shows the ETA at firing time and not getting updated while missile flies).
- Tweaked: Colors and graphics to all GUIs.
- Tweaked: Boats numbers on ships and submarines changed to reflect more real life logic ...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

Is there any chance of adding a type 052D ? Its basically the counterpart of US arleigh burke . https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_052D_destroyerCNS_Kunming_(DDG-172).jpg

2 hours ago, Sir BadNade said:

There seems to be an error with something regarding the Arleigh Burke. 

I think you are using old version of the CORE mod. The black screens shows removed code pieces

Looks like wrong file is inside the pbo. It will be fixed

Fix released today

changelog

- Fixed: Anti-ship missiles which are fired with GPS Guidance and Sea-Skim flyout, will now follow the correct GPS coordinates for targeting.

(Wrong file as reported above has been also fixed on previous update).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fix released today

changelog

- Fixed: Helicopters relative user actions now working fine on Arleigh Burke.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi i have a problem with mine. All the submarines and ships with cruise missiles dont work for me, nothing happens when i press fire. What do i do?

how about be more specific? what mods are you using in conjunction with HAFM etc. etc.

• Like 1

Is there a way to spawn or place a helo on deck at mission start?

it is a way but will not work as you expected. The helicopters are landing via script and it is not possible to stop the pals or start them running while they are attached to the ship. So if you start with a heli in mission start on landing deck, you cannot lift it up when you unsecure it. I hope I can find a solution in future 

• Thanks 2

On 3/2/2019 at 5:56 PM, Digger James said:

how about be more specific? what mods are you using in conjunction with HAFM etc. etc.

Well a ton of other mods actually, currently trying to make a world campaign stretching across mods and stuff

Also is the range of the artillery computer on the arleigh burke destroyer not too much? I can't hit close targets without moving further out

Just now, beebah said:

Well a ton of other mods actually, currently trying to make a world campaign stretching across mods and stuff

Start removing those mods one by one testing which one could conflict ... if no mod is responsible for your issue then report back .. if there is a mod causing conflict ... report again ... thats the order before asking for help.

14 minutes ago, Αplion said:

Start removing those mods one by one testing which one could conflict ... if no mod is responsible for your issue then report back .. if there is a mod causing conflict ... report again ... thats the order before asking for help.

i removed all mods, its not the problem. And i noticed my cruise missile panel is still the old one despite downloading the new updates. Could a file be missing?

4 minutes ago, beebah said:

i removed all mods, its not the problem. And i noticed my cruise missile panel is still the old one despite downloading the new updates. Could a file be missing?

Don't know ... just ensure that your files are properly updated or re-download them ... no one else have such problem so mod files are fine on Steam.