Hagraven

Mission won't load in editor

Hi guys,

I need help with a problem, which could be solved easily (I hope), instead of me spending dozens of hours figuring out, where the problem lies. So:

I've been running my own mission with my friends like 6 months ago. We all were kinda short on time, so we ceased to play until now. First thing I noticed was that six has been shut down, sadly, so I set up a launcher and installed/updated all the needed mods via steam instead. Looked good.

Then I moved to the eden editor and tried to load my mission, but I got an error message telling me It's missing two classnames. I installed, however, all the addons which I was using before, which made me think that some classname in the updated addons got renamed, or deleted. Is there a way, how to get those missing classnames-objects deleted from the mission, so it could be loaded in the editor? Prior to eden, I always just opened the sqm file and deleted lines in the "required addons" section. The mission would then load up in the editor, and I could fix the effects of this missing stuff. I can't however do the same thing in the eden mission file, as it's hashed or whatever, not just a plain text

thank you for any ideas o7

Well, I wanted to learn the procedure, how to overcome this issue, in general. But, figuring out my current problem would be great too. here are screenshots of the error message in the editor+my list of loaded addons

https://postimg.cc/zb9GyXF7

https://postimg.cc/R6RqDz7L

thank you for your time :)

Those are .pbo names, not class names. Looks like the Iraqi-Syrian Conflict mod has gone through some changes since you built your mission. The Iraqi_Syrian_Conflict_v_Core.pbo is no longer present in the mod, and I suspect that the UO_AK_VEST.pbo was integrated into one of the ISC .pbo files - some sleuthing leads me to believe it was the source of the a set of chest rigs ported from A2:

LidMtUr.jpg

You could edit the mission.sqm directly, assuming it isn't binarized, by deleting the UO_AK_VEST.pbo reference in the addons section, then finding and deleting any references to relevant classnames (UO_AK_VEST_<color>) in unit/crate inits/loadouts. Fixing references to the other .pbo might be trickier. 

You're right, I actually can edit the mission via text editor. It wasn't possible last time I tried it, no idea why. Anyway, I tried deleting these references, which gave me a different error ("error loading mission"), way too complicated for a scripting noob like me. Luckily, a friend of mine had the obsolete version of aforementioned addon in his PC, so I was able to use this version of addon to load the mission-works fine. 

Looks like there is no easy way how to cope with issues like this, that's what I wanted to know. Thanks for your help, much appreciated 

o7

On 10/5/2018 at 4:24 AM, Hagraven said:

Looks like there is no easy way how to cope with issues like this, that's what I wanted to know. Thanks for your help, much appreciated 

I find that it's a good idea to build your missions "vanilla" first, then adapt them to the mods you want to use. That way, any mission-breaking changes that a mod might make can be fixed relatively easily.