b3lx

Mission specific AI pathing

Is there a way of adding AI pathing to a specific area or object in a mission? I'm thinking of AI being able to cross the river bridges in Diyala or walk over editor placed surfaces or buildings. 

I don't want to use waypoints, I just want the added path to be there for the AI to consider it in it calculations like any other route.

• Like 1

Maybe that is why there are no rivers in Altis

There are bridges and AI can't even manage those. :rofl::rofl:

old old code from OPF still ghosting in arma3.

Ai cannot handle sructures above water because it thinks it is on sea level. Ai Boats have no object orientated pathfinding, so they ignore pier in Pyrgos for Example. Cars have a totally weired behavior if they try to brake a wall over and over in the same way instead of counting misstrys and change behavior randomly. After a while, the script stops to dont waste resources. but a town with life is flooded of corpses and wrecks after an hour, if you dont script against it.

Then I think it should be common practice not to place rivers in terrains unless they are specifically meant not to be used with AI. 

Might as well just not have AI. Or even better, that's like saying fix the AI, BI. We've been asking for many years now...

maybe a trigger detecting units and vehicles near a bridge that will execute a script where they are moved with setvelocity to near the beggining of the bridge, then setdir to the bridge direction and then again setvelocity until they reach the other side? I'm gonna do this, I don't care they will look weird, but they WILL CROSS THE DAMNED BRIDGE!!!

Could try _myGuy playAction"WalkF" and/or setVelocity command maybe? Fake the AI pathing basically lol

• Like 1