Recently i started working on a four part campaign , at the start i didn't have any idea what it was going to be about , but i kind of thought of something while creating it.

My question is to the community : what do you guys like to do in a mission ?
favorite type of missions.

difficulty. 

number of missions in each part.

When you play a scenario , what do you want to see/not see.

Edit : What type of vehicles , and how much.

Any information is appreciated.   

Edited by munir notsomuch
Added more questions to the post , also fixed the title.
  • Like 1

Airborne insertion, air support. Combined arms infantry+AFV. Some of it takes a lot of work to script for good interaction some not so much. 1-2 vehicles of a type per side is more than enough in one location, if it's well designed.

Hints in some critical spots where players get easily stuck. (2 ARMA 3 campaigns I've stopped because I got stuck at "find this guy" or "figure out what to do with this guy to trigger next phase" kind of "puzzles").

Usually play just PvP multiplayer though.

1 hour ago, Varis said:

Airborne insertion, air support. Combined arms infantry+AFV. Some of it takes a lot of work to script for good interaction some not so much. 1-2 vehicles of a type per side is more than enough in one location, if it's well designed.

Hints in some critical spots where players get easily stuck. (2 ARMA 3 campaigns I've stopped because I got stuck at "find this guy" or "figure out what to do with this guy to trigger next phase" kind of "puzzles").

Usually play just PvP multiplayer though.

I'm still having problem with "air" related vehicles and missions but thanks for the input.
If i may ask , what do you think about fighting multiple tanks in a city... The idea is to force the players to stay out of some roads and to make them go through windows-filled backyards , to keep them alerts.

Would you like that , or would it be too much hassle to avoid and destroy that much tanks ?
Note : there are a lot of tanks , and you have to destroy them to capture the sector.

1. Perhaps, presence of an arsenal at the beginning of each mission, or preservation of weapon from the previous Missie. It gives the chance to independently choose weapon sets, to Pass a mission with a miscellaneous weapon sets, increases interest in missions for repeated passing.

2. Presence at the company of missions with tactics of one player and as the commander of small group.  

3. Subject development in the company, with missions:
- defense of dislocation of division (it is possible with elements of preparation for defense),
- patrol protection of an object
- investigation or diversionary preparation before the main attack

• Thanks 1

Might get repetitive if there are too many tanks. Just a couple could be possible to provide a different pace of action. If the tanks' response time/skill level is fast, it may be difficult and take a long time to take them out. Do the players have enough ammunition? Using supports to take the tanks out is probably not possible because houses provide too much cover.

At least get it playtested I would say.

• Thanks 1

I like to play different kind of missions to get as much ArmA 3 has to offer.But my favourite mission is a combined arms mission.Difficulty depends on the settings of each player but i like them tough.Put in as many types of vehicles make sense for your idea.I want things to make sense,slow and realistic progression of the operation.All things considered.How many vehicles and witch types to use in the terrain part where the mission is taking place.The goal of the enemy will lead him to do "these moves" and have a sertain number of forces at his disposal.What other elements you want in your mission?How will these elements fit in?If you give it a thought,everything will work out for you.

Good luck mate,i hope we'll hear from you soon.

• Thanks 1