Hello. I am 25 years old. I created a discord server for ARMA 3. Discussions about coop missions, scripts and mission making. I looking only for adequate people and over 18 years. I also looking for people who made adequate coop missions and know a little bit about arma mission making in general. Who have some basics about arma 3 scripting.

Please no newbies, who started play ARMA 3 few days ago.

Expectations of this server:
- Find people who have played ARMA series and operation flashpoint for many years. Newbies who have played long time in ARMA 3 are too welcome

- Find people who want learn scripting. The goal is: If the user ask some question about how to do this and that - another users will not give him a ready solution. They will give him tips so that he thinks himself how to do it

Expected users:
- Mission Makers (Low scripting knowledge)
- Modders
- Scripters (Mission makers with high scripting knowledge)
- Advanced players

Thank you for your attention :grinning:

https://discord.gg/GRcKfyY

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jts_2009 said:

I created a discord server for ARMA 3

Why not use the official discord with thousands of experienced people on there that are able to provide live support 24/7?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Dedmen said:

Why not use the official discord with thousands of experienced people on there that are able to provide live support 24/7?

Because there are too much people. Too much messages. Not enough channels for different themes. The purpose of this group is not to give users immediately ready solutions. But give hints, so that the user will find a solution for himself. And if possible, explain every step of code

• Haha 1

the official discord has advantages but also serious downsides and limitations

@jts_2009 you should elaborate/list your discord channel approach as this is what pretty much defines if its worth using or not

also do you think about useful bots or other things to make this new discord more stand out?

realistically it is pretty hard challenge to make people join yet another discord. still i consider it a worthy attempt to establish something better than the generic arma discord

2 hours ago, .kju said:

the official discord has advantages but also serious downsides and limitations

@jts_2009 you should elaborate/list your discord channel approach as this is what pretty much defines if its worth using or not

also do you think about useful bots or other things to make this new discord more stand out?

realistically it is pretty hard challenge to make people join yet another discord. still i consider it a worthy attempt to establish something better than the generic arma discord

while that might be true, and some content creator oriented discord server might be worth looking into, on this particular thread:
a. the title of this topic is laughable - TRUE MISSION MAKERS. So there is both true and false mission makers out there, maybe some that are inbetween as well, yeah?
b. the server expectation is a mix of useless things - long time "players" and "newbies" alike - no mention of content creators all things considered

c. expected user is some random list that manages to be to be both too narrowly compartmentalized , and idiotically broad

• Like 3