After a 3 year hiatus all the boats are back!  Nautical mines, nautical barricades, Nautical Minefields supporting editor / script placement, SOC-R special operations boats, and the tugboat and freighter.  Freighter also has a vehicle-in-vehicle configuration option.  The 8-man life raft is back too!  Air-launched sea mines including US-designed Quick Strike sea mines, and Russian/Soviet design MDM-3 and MDM-5 models.  Air-launched mines support Jets dynamic loadouts for vanilla and several mod factions to include CUP, pook BOMBER pack, pook EF-2000, and VME PLA mods.  More mod support may be added in the future.

Upload to Steam complete.

Upload to my OneDrive is complete (150mb 7zip)  Fully signed; bikey is included as well:

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=5B54FC51A7917265!156706&cid=5B54FC51A7917265

CHANGELOG

Spoiler

11/14/2020:

----------------------

NEW: Ulyanovsk carrier
 - static ship
 - working catapults
 - tailhook landings
 - boat launch feature
 - walkable deck and hangar
 - recovery ladders
 - customizable numbers
 - UAV-based point defenses
IMPROVED: LCAC distance LOD's
FIX: Missing LCAC faction flags
FIX: Missing editor preview pics
FIX: CIV Patrol Boat popup error

Version 1.3  12/30/2018:
---------------------
IMPROVED: Cargo placement on Tugboat and Trawler
FIX: Missing Trawler cargo view
FIX: Removed smoke shells from Civ Tugs and Trawlers

12/24/2018:

- NEW: LCAC (version 1)

- NEW: Trawler for CIV factions

v1.1:

FIX: Armor multipliers adjusted to correct values

FIX: Compatibility fix for other mods

I'M KING OF THE WORLD!!!

kingoftheworld.jpg?psid=1

sneakyladderfront.jpg?psid=1

sneakyladder.jpg?psid=1

preview1.jpg?psid=1

water2a.jpg  water3a.jpg   

cargoload.jpg?psid=1

Yes the SOC-R boats too! (yes these are A2 pics)

socr_uparmored1.jpgcamonettest.jpg?rdrts=213161745

Nautical Mines also made it back!  Support for dynamic loadouts for numerous mods including CUP, POOK Bombers, POOK EF2000, Vanilla BIS, and VME PLA.

QSMines.jpg?psid=1&width=1189&height=371

Minelayer can lay individual mines that spawn directly behind the boat (15 second charging delay), or lay a minefield with a 30-second arming delay.  Minefield is a 150m area with randomly placed mines!  🙂 Editor/script-based minefield placement can consist of any of the mine types and automatically selects shallow mines depending on water depth.  Available in either 150m- or 300m sizes.

Beach barricades include mined concrete Dragon Teeth barricades and mined Hedgehog.

beachmines.jpg?psid=1

• Like 18
  • Thanks 4

G'day Hcpookie,

Great news. Been wondering if you were going to update your SOC-R. Keep up the good work.

Could you buff the speed up on these,please?  Would like them to compete with Combat boat 90 @ about 60 knots.  IRL these are very fast boats.

Would like to be able to have increased Inventories in these,but also be able to add a Sam launcher or ejection to these that makes inserting Ai divers easy.

I reached a milestone today - all of the weapon models to include nautical mines, buoys, minefield spawners, etc. are all working as expected.  All textures, rvmat's, etc. imported and physx LOD's on all ships.  Floaty things all float, 3D models all spawn and place correctly.  The new "createMine" command has some drawbacks but I got it all working so that's what counts.  So we will have some minefield spawners for all of the mines in the pack.  They can be editor-placed and can be scripted as well.  That includes my nautical mines, QuickStrike mines, and Russian MDM mines.  I'll make them compatible w/ standard vanilla pylons so they should be able to work with any plane.  For now there are plenty 'o' air-launched mines to go around.

I am NOT including the newest QuickStrike-ER mine as there really is no need for it for now.  Maybe later:

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/23705/b-52-tested-2000lb-quickstrike-er-winged-standoff-naval-mines-during-valiant-shield

I'm down to crew placement on the boats, and possibly adding some of the missing A2 animations.  Ship configs still need a bit of tweaking to get their performance correct.

I also need to fix some of the boat scripts like the dinghy launch scripts and tweaks to the underwater weapons like the depth charges.  Yep, depth charges and "hedgehog" depth charge grenades for those ships!  :)  Just tedious testing and sorting out those scripts.  Some of them were laggy in A2 but I've learned more about scripting so I intend to optimize those and remove all lag.

ETA - "when its ready"

• Like 6

Sounds great! Thanks for the hard work!

The good news is that I got all the config stuff updated for the physx crap.  Only lack converting the A2 turret configs to work in A3.

The bad news is the Scuba Interdiction Grenades (aka "hedgehogs") are going to make divers' jobs very difficult.

SIGL.jpg

The depth charge launch script works but the dp ammo isn't spawning correctly.  This appears to be the last script thing that needs attention.  And those config items.

depthcharge.jpg

• Like 4

Scripts seem to be working now.  Once every so often it will exceed the interval and spawn doubles, but so far that has only happened once in testing.  Divers be warned!  :)

beachstuff.jpg  diver_DC.jpg

• Like 5

Scripts done.

Crew (and cargo!) placements done.

Water effects are working.

Only need to add "gunparticles" effects for the weapons and it will be released :)

• Like 5

Something I'm experimenting with... not very functional yet...

trawlertest.jpg

• Like 4

Just added FAP and CUP versions!  Via my onedrive and on steam.

• Like 1

On 03/10/2018 at 11:00 PM, hcpookie said:

Something I'm experimenting with... not very functional yet...

trawlertest.jpg

Very cool, cant wait to see how this one goes.

On 9/18/2018 at 3:05 AM, hcpookie said:

(mods please move to the COMPLETE forum, thanks!)

Moved. Congratulations!

On 10/4/2018 at 10:41 PM, thebuckfastwine said:

Very cool, cant wait to see how this one goes.

Believe me it isn't as impressive at it looks. 

I am using the control room console from the freighter for the pilot view, and added a proxy for the external views pointing to the BIS model.  So the model doesn't do anything, such as a moving propeller.  The smoke is added via script and the only other things left are the external lights and getin/getout mem points (all memory lod).  So the propeller doesn't turn and nothing animates on the boat model but hey it is something else to put on the water lol

• Like 2

@hcpookie I have some video had some video of the RHS launchers weapons taking a ton of hits to blow up at SOC-R non-heavy version. I will send you the link once I get it compiled and posted. I believe that it took 6-7 SMAW or MAAWS rounds from RHS to kill the SOC-R.

So the new "boat rack" works for PBR-sized ships.   Now, how does one go about finding a composition with all the weapons placed on the destroyer?  Isn't there a composition build script?

boatrack.jpg

• Like 1

Update v1.1:

FIX: Armor multipliers adjusted to correct values

• Like 2

Added a small compatibility fix for other mods - uploading now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thanks to Burnes, I'm adding "version 1" of the LCAC just in time for Christmas :)

LCAC.jpg

Also, adding the Trawler.  Since the BIS model doesn't have any animations, I used it as a proxy for my 3D model.  So my 3D model is literally only the bridge pieces, and the propeller. :)  The smoke and night lighting are all placed via trial and error.   Here's the 3D model!  Kind of takes the magic away when you see it :)

trawlerinternals.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1