Update v4.2.0

• Improve composition generation. This change adds more dynamic compositions including roadblocks depending on the terrain.
  • Fix task text by removing ACE specific material that is no longer relevant.
  • Replace the RHS USMC M14 grenades with demo charges for the default EOD loadout in non-ACE environments. Without advanced throwing, it's too cumbersome to place M14 grenades.
  • Like 1

Hi @ottaviodp, we tried your mission on our server and ran into some issues.

We're using RHS and Chernarus and played with two people, I picked Team Leader, my friend Marksman.

Playing as russians didn't seem to work at all. Most of the time I spawned glitched into the ship and couldn't get anywhere. If we were both on deck one time we couldn't board the helicopter. There just wasn't an option to take a seat.

Spoiler

FD5AE306C160244D62825B91DB845B458A8409E1

Also around 8/10 times I wasn't group leader even though I had picked team leader as a role. One of the remaining AI dudes was group leader. This is bad because they just don't do anything at all. They just stay at the LZ and issue "return to group" commands.

@Arfour, I opened the following issues on GitHub to track these.  I expect the boat glitch to be resolved in the next release because it is being replaced with a land base staging area and the position placement is more forgiving.  I need to take a closer look at the other issues, but will try to at least have a work-a-round for them by next release.  Thank you for reporting these.

• Thanks 1

Update v4.2.1

• Potential fix for player getting stuck in staging area ship (#32). This issue was not reproduced but this release will likely resolve it. Next feature release (#30) the ship is being replaced which will ultimately resolve this issue.
  • Fixed issue where player is unable to become group leader when selecting the leader slot in MP (#33).
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Arfour said:

If we were both on deck one time we couldn't board the helicopter. There just wasn't an option to take a seat.

I wasn't able to reproduce this issue on my server and it's likely an issue with RHS.  One work-a-round I can think of is start the mission once players are at least near the helicopter, rather than wait until they have boarded.  At least it would prevent players from getting stuck.

1 hour ago, ottaviodp said:

I wasn't able to reproduce this issue on my server and it's likely an issue with RHS.  One work-a-round I can think of is start the mission once players are at least near the helicopter, rather than wait until they have boarded.  At least it would prevent players from getting stuck.

Thanks for the update! We'll have a look and report back if there are still issues. Maybe something glitched out and it was a one time only error. Who knows?

The work-around seems plausible.

I played a couple of missions yesterday and everything seemed to be in order. I could board the helo and was always group leader.

The only thing weird was when one of the AI dudes had no equipment at all. It happened only once though. Maybe some supply issues within the russian army.

Spoiler

3192F0CA5720FB7BD91C042D5BA360D08458E88F

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Arfour said:

The only thing weird was when one of the AI dudes had no equipment at all. It happened only once though. Maybe some supply issues within the russian army.

I opened an issue and I'll look into it.  In the mean time, you should be able to reassign a loadout to any unit that gets in this state from the Loadout Menu at the ammo box.

Thanks for the update regarding the helo and leader slot selection.

• Like 1

Update v4.3.0

• Added GM support
    • Weferlingen Summer terrain
    • West Germany faction
    • East Germany faction
    • Denmark faction
  • Added fullmoon support. This forces a fullmoon during nighttime missions for factions that do not have NVG assets.
  • Replaced Naval FOB with land base COP. This was done to add flexibility for factions without helicopter assets (GM cough).
  • Fixed CSAT arsenal box with correct opfor version.
  • Convoy Defend mission
    • Fixed enemy spawn loop.
    • Fixed convoy vehicles so they are locked.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Update v4.4.0

• Added Weferlingen Winter terrain
  • Added enemy mortar fire for some mission events.
  • Added intel hold actions for some enemy units. Finding this can reveal enemy positions and assets.
  • Added additional enemy spawn point for convoy defend mission.
  • Fix Altis COP composition.
  • Reduced distance between LZ and objectives for missions.
  • Thanks 1

Issue with the destroy armaments mission, once you pick up the satchel charge the mission completes.

May be related to yesterdays update.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, kdjac said:

Issue with the destroy armaments mission, once you pick up the satchel charge the mission completes.

May be related to yesterdays update.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll look into it.

12 hours ago, kdjac said:

I wasn't able to reproduce this on Altis with NATO and CSAT.  Are you seeing this consistently?  What terrain and enemy faction are you seeing this with? 

Update v4.5.0

• Added Livonia terrain.
  • Added Livonia Defense Force as playable faction.
  • Added AAF as playable faction.
  • Added RHS ChDkz as playable faction.
  • Added CUP CHDkz as playable faction.
  • Fixed hostage rescue mission in SP by making hostage switchable unit (#38).
  • Fixed CSAT transport helicopter issue on Takistan. In short, it no longer just explodes.
  • Fixed AT loadout and arsenal missile ammo for NATO and CSAT factions.
  • Updated cargo helicopters for various factions. Now all factions use native helicopters that match their side. This required to use a smaller sling cargo for the chemical extraction mission.
  • Thanks 1

whats involved in porting to other terrains? looking at the source briefly it seems only the missions.sqm, or are some definitions also in other files?

also looked into your faction definitions: did you consider a more simplified default/fallback using autodetection based on config (role parameter, crew of vehicles, cfgGroups, etc)?

11 hours ago, .kju said:

whats involved in porting to other terrains? looking at the source briefly it seems only the missions.sqm, or are some definitions also in other files?

It's pretty simple.  You just need to create the staging area by hand or a pre-made composition.  Then place a view objects with a specific variable name, e.g., the arsenal, flag pole, etc.

Give me a few days and I'll create a section on the Wiki for doing this.  There are a couple places that need some cleanup with respect to this process.  Having it all on the Wiki I think would be best.

11 hours ago, .kju said:

also looked into your faction definitions: did you consider a more simplified default/fallback using autodetection based on config (role parameter, crew of vehicles, cfgGroups, etc)?

The config has evolved over time and is by no means perfect :-).  I'm not sure what you are describing, could you give some examples?  I'm always in favor of simplifying this stuff.  Thanks.

• Thanks 1

> class Arsenal

you could parse configs based on the selected faction class and gather automatically all the equipment (with blacklist option probably)

of course keeping the option to explicitly define what classes to use

> class Vehicle

probably could be parsed too, but may not be reliable enough

> class TruckCrew/HeloPilot/HeloCrew/Pilot

scan from configs via crew parameter

> squads

should be possible to scan from cfgGroups

> class Loadout

again explicit is fine - however in addition could be just to set the infantry class and then take its equipment, or even auto determine infantry classes based on role parameter

as said overall to offer a simplified option to more easily use/define new factions

10 hours ago, .kju said:

> class Arsenal

you could parse configs based on the selected faction class and gather automatically all the equipment (with blacklist option probably)

of course keeping the option to explicitly define what classes to use

> class Vehicle

probably could be parsed too, but may not be reliable enough

> class TruckCrew/HeloPilot/HeloCrew/Pilot

scan from configs via crew parameter

> squads

should be possible to scan from cfgGroups

> class Loadout

again explicit is fine - however in addition could be just to set the infantry class and then take its equipment, or even auto determine infantry classes based on role parameter

as said overall to offer a simplified option to more easily use/define new factions

Yes, I understand your suggestion now.  I had considered something like this in the past, but was never satisfied with it.  I think the main problem is that the missions assume these resources are normalize to be roughly equivalent for each faction.  For example, none of the missions are design for stealth, therefore, the Arsenal and Loadouts for each faction do not contain ghillie suits and silencers.  In this case, it would work as long as these items where blacklisted.  However, it's possible for new assets to arrive which violate this assumption, e.g., a new silencer with different name, etc.  Not a big deal, just a different problem.

In the case of Groups/Squads it get's a little more tricky because the missions make assumptions about what an "Assault Squad" is based on the types of units and weapons in this group.  The current config normalizes these groups across all the factions so that are roughly equivalent.  The is done to maintain some level of balance.  Another issue is some factions don't have the group type the mission calls for, so they have to be explicitly added.

One idea that might work to achieve what  you're proposing for the Groups resource is to come up with a different metric for group size and capability.  Rather than declaring that a "Squad" is guarding the hostage, the missions could declare some generic group rating, perhaps a "Level-3" group.  Rather than define what "Level-3" is for each faction, a script could scan and establish that at runtime.  Maybe "Level-3" for USMC it is a Fire Team, where as for Isis it's a technical.  This would be nice in that it would be less config per faction, it would have the potential of making groups more dynamic, and could pick up new assets automatically.

Do you have any factions in mind that you would like to port?

we wanted to try Combat Den to play-test our WIP terrains for IFA3 🙂

not having played it yet, i cant give a valid judgement for CD ofc

however with my own Blitzkrieg game mode and its AI support that allows SP/COOP play too my response would for this "cheap play" with a new mod without any/little configuration setup you would not need to have equal/fair conditions - even more so it can make things interesting.

in addition you could add some additional parameters to dynamically blacklist certain equipment or weapons or vehicle types - or on the flip side allow to adjust the rate of presence/force very specific game situations

57 minutes ago, .kju said:

we wanted to try Combat Den to play-test our WIP terrains for IFA3 🙂

Sounds interesting.  What type of locations are there in these terrains?  NameLocal, Village, etc?

El Alamein, Egypt: Airport, NameCity, Hill, FlatArea, StrongpointArea, VegetationPalm, NameLocal, BorderCrossing, NameVillage, NameMarine
Tobruk, Libya: RockArea, NameVillage, NameCity, Airport, NameMarine, ViewPoint, NameCityCapital, Hill
Benouville, France: NameVillage, NameCity, NameCityCapital, FlatArea, NameMarine
Gold Beach, France 1944: NameCityCapital, NameMarine, Hill, NameLocal, NameCity
Oderbruch, Germany: TODO

@.kju I updated the Wiki to include a section on porting to new terrains.  Let me know if you have any questions or feedback.

If you would also like to port IFA3 factions, there will be some additional work to update the existing compositions to reflect the WWII time period.  This is purely aesthetic, though.  The missions should work, you just might might have Hesco blocks at various places.

The other issue is one of the missions requires a friendly AI helicopter to sling load some equipment.  I'm not familiar enough with IFA3, but I suspect this kind of an asset doesn't exist.  If this is true, I can help resolve this.  It's on my TODO list to allow factions without sing loading an alternative to transport the equipment by truck.  This would also allow insurgent-like factions to be playable.  If you're interested in this, I can prioritize this.  Just let me know.   

Update 4.6.0

• Added new Steal Truck mission.
  • Added support for motorized assault vehicles for players. Currently only the Steal Truck mission supports this.
  • Added modest radio chatter sound effects.
  • Added Engineer loadout option.
  • Fixed road block composition orientation. Now roadblocks will face away from what they are protecting.
  • Fixed issue where mission would fail to initialize when only a single faction addon was loaded.
  • Fixed 3CB faction regression that caused it to be not available as friendly faction.
  • Fixed missing intel object in Camp Raid mission.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Update 4.7.0

• Added Anizay terrain
  • Added new Escape mission.
  • Fixed issues with player motorized insert on dedicated server.
  • Improved GM missions by removing Hesco blocks from fortifications.
  • Improved CUP Bundeswehr to use newer helmets from CUP-1.13 release.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1