Asaayu

Immersed Weather - Snow Effects

I've just released a simple addon that creates a more immersive experience for players playing on snowy terrain.
This mod creates breath vapour, character coughing, snowfall and wind particles around the player allowing the player to feel like actually in the terrain rather than Arma's default system.

This mod is completely local, therefore it is an optional mod that servers can add and not every player has to use this mod. (Server key is provided in the download)
If you find any issues or have suggestions to help increase the 'Immersed Weather' family let me know!

Steam workshophttps://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1512053438

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

It sounds already Good !

Thanks Asaayu for this and congratulations !

Do you plan to add this to a script?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

It sounds already Good !

Thanks Asaayu for this and congratulations !

Do you plan to add this to a script?

If there are people who would like this in a script I can quickly whip one up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Asaayu said:

this in a script

From my prospective , it's easier for everyone to use a mod , but it's actually better to add a script in a server and forget if the others have the certain addon enabled.

Thanks again Asaayu !

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

From my prospective , it's easier for everyone to use a mod , but it's actually better to add a script in a server and forget if the others have the certain addon enabled.

Thanks again Asaayu !

The main reason for the mod was to allow players to use it optionally especially those with not the best of computers, but having it as a script will make it set & forget.

Anyway, I've made it into a script that can be added to the mission file. It's pretty self-explanatory hopefully.
Github: https://github.com/Asaayu/Immersed-Weather
Steam Workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1516153601

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Asaayu

Thanks for this mod! It's really cool.

If you don't mind, I would like to give you some advice regarding use of "while". It is recommended not to use multiple "sleep"'s inside a "while" because it causes a (random) bug where the code might not terminate completely when the while loop ends. It simply pauses temporarily, and as soon as you run the same code again the old while loop starts running too (i.e. you'll have 2 while loops at the same time, and these keep piling up the more you run the same code). I've had it happening before in my codes and I've noticed that it impacts performance very badly if the code is persistent. I'm not sure if it still happens but you should be able to verify that by defining a global variable and adding values to it using a while loop with two sleep's or more, and terminating it and running it again.

Hope it helps!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Asaayu said:

I've made it into a script

Thanks again and personally i think that it's worthing also to have a script available !

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Leopard20 said:

It is recommended not to use multiple "sleep"'s inside a "while" because it causes a (random) bug where the code might not terminate completely when the while loop ends. 

Thanks for the info, I've edited the script to move the main functions from the while loops to functions defined outside the wh. Hopefully, this fixes the issue. I can't say that I saw this issue when testing but hopefully, it won't happen anyway. If you have any more info on stuff I may not be aware of please let me know.