TheMasterofBlubb

88th Clan

http://88th.es/

This is a Clan i recently discovered through a report in my main Gaming community.

Their Logos are somewhat reassambling the nazi symbols. They are saying they are an ESports team in Arma 3, with official sponsors.

Their logo iq88_nazi.jpg is literaly used by Nazis.

I would like the BI Community guys to talk to them since its not cool to be associated with these kind of people playing this game.

• Haha 1

Why not just drop them a hint?

Nothing on their page looks like they even know what that number/icon combination means anyway.

To clarify the icon, 8 stands for the eighth number in the alphabet, being h.

Doubt hh means anything in spanish.

Cheers

*edit* - nvm, it's late, my comment didn't make that much sense.

I guess my point was that "hh" doesn't mean anything in English either, yet here we are. 

(for those who are unaware, the first "h" stands for "heil")

• Like 1

Gonna go out on a limb and say that it's the skull at the bottom of the picture that was used by the SS, which would explain the complaint.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, beno_83au said:

Gonna go out on a limb and say that it's the skull at the bottom of the picture that was used by the SS, which would explain the complaint.

"88" is code for "HH" as Grumpy explained, "HH" standing for "Heil Hitler." Its symbolism is common among neonazis.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harzach said:

"HH" standing for "Heil Hitler."

Sorry, didn't make that connection. But then, when trying to quote your post and edit the quote, I was furiously trying to edit YOUR POST..... A string of early morning starts will do that to a person I suppose.

• Haha 2

I'd like to give them benefit of the doubt, there are many gaming clans out there that use "88th" in some form (Task Force 88 is a real thing), but the group in question pulled their logo straight from that image in the OP.

Hello.

As a former member of 88thCo I can assure you that there is no relation between the two logos. Nevertheless I understand the apprehension and will forward this post to @88_LORD who is the leader and founder of the clan.

I'm surprised this only comes out now since 88th is 16 years old and was created in Arma:CWA.

Thanks for the heads up.

Flash.

• Like 2

I see no unit by that name on either Arms 3 Units  , the Forums or our Discord. Additionally, they are not officially supported nor endorsed by Bohemia in any way (that I can see).  This limits the action that can be taken (to almost zero). 

As has been suggested, it might be a good idea @TheMasterofBlubb, to contact them and inform them of the symbolism of their logo. 

Thanks @Flash-Ranger 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Flash-Ranger said:

I can assure you that there is no relation between the two logos

jND8geX.png

There is a clear resemblance in form and style. The intent may not have been to create such an association, but the effect is that an association will be made. At the very least, a redesign of the logo to something original would be appropriate.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1