Sign in to follow this  
cyborg111

arma3 is so sick

Hi Folks,

I am so sick of scripting in arma3...

I do not understand whats in developers minds going on???

Task Framework for example
SP all fine.
MP everything is bullshit.

I mean, where is the problem???
Player join, check if there is a task for his group, if yes its shown.
if player change group, check, task is hidden???
what is so damn difficult to make that happen?
if a task is created into framework its position can be [0,0,0] or objNull or [objNull, true].
but this works neither in SP correct.
here a "[_taskID, _position] spawn {sleep 0.1; _this call BIS_fnc_taskSetDestination};" is necessary!?
in MP its totally hopeless to expect anything.

it is simple, totally simple
i have nearly spend 10000 hours of programming and scripting in arma 3, i mean, there is no really secret i dont know, but i can not understand what the problem is to get this game to work.
there is missionnamespace and 200 different ways to broadcast a stupid variable!
local objects in dedicated environment spamming logs over and over.
units who are created on clients in dedicated environment and forced to spawn in a group wich is not there configurated side sometimes spawn in underwear or in groups with more than one side?
vehicles wich are created on the server refuse to follow there waypoints if their locality is given to an HC.
Player can see units wich other players cant see, or sometimes even players cant see other players while another player can see both?
I mean? What you are doing the whole day? searching for oil with a finger in your nose???

common, really!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

There is a reason for that task thing you described: you might not want it to do that.

Did you have anything constructive to say or do you just want to rant?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cyborg111 said:

i have nearly spend 10000 hours of programming and scripting in arma 3, i mean, there is no really secret i dont know,

But then:

6 hours ago, cyborg111 said:

but i can not understand what the problem is to get this game to work.

Little bit contradictory of yourself.

I only have a measly 5,300 hours in ArmA 3, and literally ZERO training/qualified learning in programming languages, with everything I know being self-taught or researched, and .sqf isn't as hard as you're making it out to be. 

I'll agree with the title of the post though, ArmA 3 is definitely sick. I love it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

We comparing played time again?

Spoiler

QagUXIM.png

Spoiler

of course that's not me, because I'd never have "Yesterday" standing there, heh...

Cheers

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

10 hours ago, cyborg111 said:

Hi Folks,

I am so sick of scripting in arma3...

i have nearly spend 10000 hours of programming and scripting in arma 3, i mean, there is no really secret i dont know, but i can not understand what the problem is to get this game to work.

anything you've published that i can play?

• Haha 2

I wonder how one can script for 10.000 hours and not abandon the game for good if everything is soooo bad.

Yes, there are quirks. Yes SQF can be weird and crazy. But you cant magically fix this mountain of technical debt even if you wanted to. Thats why they are moving to a new engine which might become a bit more consistent ("might" because we are talking BIS here :smile_o: ). For A3 I wouldn't expect significant fixes anymore.

But good rant.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, nomisum said:

Yes, there are quirks. Yes SQF can be weird and crazy.

Don't all programming languages have quirks and can't they all be weird and crazy?

• Like 1

On 17.9.2018 at 7:49 AM, beno_83au said:

I only have a measly 5,300 hours in ArmA 3, and literally ZERO training/qualified learning in programming languages, with everything I know being self-taught or researched, and .sqf isn't as hard as you're making it out to be. 

Same here and I can agree. It's not very hard at all except you want to script something which is by itself already complex.

• Like 2

On 9/17/2018 at 11:34 PM, cyborg111 said:

i have no time for your stupid comments

We have no time for stupid rant posts in the development forum. State your problem or question objectively in the right place (Arma Editing) , civilized, without ranting, and people will help if they can.

• Like 7