Sign in to follow this  
anfo

Zeus after JIP

Have been out of the scene for a while I was just wondering if anybody has found a good way to enable Zeus to regain his powers after a JIP?

We run with 2 Zeus's in our missions. The first guy has Zeus powers right away. The 2nd guy loading in has to respawn in order to get it to work. Alternately, using the Achilles-Ares mod the 1st guy can grant powers to the 2nd guy with no respawn needed. Hope any of this helps you.

8 hours ago, BadHabitz said:

We run with 2 Zeus's in our missions

Thanks BadHabitz. Yeah this has been discussed, but we were looking for an automatic fail safe, like a script or other workaround in the event that Zeus forgets to grant powers to a 2nd at mission start.

Could also add a few different Zeus modules to help: 1) putting #adminLogged in the owner block, meaning the person logged in as admin of the server will have Zeus access; 2) putting the intended person's SteamID/ArmaID number in the owner block will enable them to use Zeus regardless of the slot they use to load in.

2 hours ago, BadHabitz said:

putting #adminLogged in the owner block, meaning the person logged in as admin of the server will have Zeus access; 2) putting the intended person's SteamID/ArmaID number in the owner block will enable them to use Zeus regardless of the slot they use to load in.

Wouldn't these just be standard options for a Zeus at game start? Can they also help an admin who's game has crashed and rejoins and wants Zeus powers again? From what I know this is the reason for my question.

someting like this:

addMissionEventHandler ["PlayerConnected", {
	params ["_id", "_uid", "_name", "_jip", "_owner"];
    _player =_uid call BIS_fnc_getUnitByUid;
    if (vehicle player == VariableNameOfYourZeusSlot) then {_player assignCurator myCurator;};
}];

placed in your initserver.sqf might do the trick. It will require some refinements I think

• Like 1

2 hours ago, anfo said:

Wouldn't these just be standard options for a Zeus at game start? Can they also help an admin who's game has crashed and rejoins and wants Zeus powers again? From what I know this is the reason for my question.

They are. I've never experienced a problem with someone rejoining a mission and not being able to access Zeus powers, so besides the standard stuff I'm afraid I don't have much to offer. 

Thanks again for your advice. I tried a gamemaster module with #adminLogged and we couldn't get it to work after JIP. However I revived another community made script which is working again (not @Mr H. version although I will keep it close in case we need it!)

4 hours ago, anfo said:

Thanks again for your advice. I tried a gamemaster module with #adminLogged and we couldn't get it to work after JIP. However I revived another community made script which is working again (not @Mr H. version although I will keep it close in case we need it!)

This is the part where you share that script, so that others with the same question will find useful information here.

Sorry, sure. Credit to @lifetap

• Like 1

Credit to 'Dirty' at Tactical Gaming for another possible solution:

1. Eden>Modules>Logic Entities>Virtual Entities

2. Place down Zeus Virtual Curator and give variable name

3. Place down Gamemaster module and make owner name of previous Logic

4. Tick Forced Interface