Sign in to follow this  
danny96

Proper Bulletcam

Hello,

I'd like to know if there's any newer Bulletcam that would track the bullet itself from close behind/or side in a way you could actually see it flying through bodies or vehicles. I've found only one bulletcam that worked somewhat well (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21356) but it was zoomed out and was wobbling so much that you couldn't see like anything. So my question is if there's any bulletcam available i don't know about, or if there's some super advanced scripter who could edit that bulletcam so it showed better angle of the shot itself? I really love bulletcams and killcams and I'm currently using it in my missions often. Also I'm wondering if there's possibility to only show the bulletcam part if it hits something - like if there's possibility to calculate that it's gonna hit so it shows that bulletcam afterwards?

Thank you very much in advance. 

Kind Regards.

Damn the one from BIS is pretty good! Thank you sir!

Regarding the bullets - Didn't know that. How come that the game with one of the most realistic ballistics and bullet physics doesn't have model for bullets? The game even simulates bullet releasing from the gun chamber.. 

BTW is there way to make the time go slow before the BIS_fnc_diagBulletCam happening and go normal after each shot?

12 minutes ago, danny96 said:

Damn the one from BIS is pretty good! Thank you sir!

Regarding the bullets - Didn't know that. How come that the game with one of the most realistic ballistics and bullet physics doesn't have model for bullets? The game even simulates bullet releasing from the gun chamber.. 

BTW is there way to make the time go slow before the BIS_fnc_diagBulletCam happening and go normal after each shot?

You'd need to update every bullet model on the server and broadcast it to every client on every frame. (rough approximation)

Now imagine 2-3 folks firing miniguns for a minute...

You can use setAccTime to influence game speed.

Cheers

Though setAccTime does not work in multiplayer.

This command does NOT work in multiplayer. accFactor is clamped to [1/128; 4].

Unless I misunderstood and this is for SP?

59 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

You'd need to update every bullet model on the server and broadcast it to every client on every frame. (rough approximation)

Now imagine 2-3 folks firing miniguns for a minute...

You can use setAccTime to influence game speed.

Cheers

I know the setAccTime command, I just want to know how to do that in BIS_fnc_diagBulletCam? Do i have to take entire BIS_fnc_diagBulletCam.sqf and edit it with that setacctime?

1 hour ago, danny96 said:

I know the setAccTime command, I just want to know how to do that in BIS_fnc_diagBulletCam? Do i have to take entire BIS_fnc_diagBulletCam.sqf and edit it with that setacctime?

You could add an additional fired EH to slow down time until the projectile gets removed, like this:

player addEventHandler ["Fired",{
	_sleep = _this#6 spawn {
	setAccTime 0.05;
	waitUntil {!alive _this};
	sleep 2;
	setAccTime 1;
}];

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1