Hey! 

I've been trying to make a mission where you do some navy seal shit and surface from the water to take down two guards on a pier. Problem is, the gun won't fire unless you aim almost straight into the air. Does anyone know any way to fix this in the mission file without having to modify the game? The SDAR is an option that I've played around with but I'd prefer an HK. 

That's the depth I can fire from, seems reasonable considering the water has no effect on the weapon other than preventing to fire it if it's partially submerged.

XVvo4eR.jpg

Cheers

• Like 1

I'm aiming for some more arcade ish than that. I mean shooting from a swimming position. Seems like there's no smart way of doing it without cutscenes or attachto etc. 

3 hours ago, Spatsiba said:

The SDAR is an option that I've played around with but I'd prefer an HK. 

Lack of attachments prevent SDAR to be a valid alternative.However, I can't remember where and how,someone did try to add those with new config....anyone remember what I'm talking about, or I just dreamed  that?I know there is/was some mod to do so, but can you script that?

I know how to add attachments to the SDAR. I had to mod the game however. Also silencers didn't work. I also know how to mod guns so they can fire underwater. But both require configs and making people download a mod for just one mission. Which sucks.. 

1 hour ago, Spatsiba said:

But both require configs and making people download a mod for just one mission. Which sucks.. 

:yeahthat:

It's a shame that the only vanilla weapon you can use in a scuba/SEAL'S typical environment is pretty much useless once you're out of the water. A silencer and some optics and it could be a perfect choice for a oil rig/ maritime infiltration mission... 

• Like 2

On the other hand, some realistic stuff is not so bad. Add a classic weapon in  a backpack or prepare some drop/ hidden crate. It's more immersive than any supergun.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My second underwater super weapon is a tank shooting out of the water and destroying everything in range... :rofl:

But on a serious note. Something realistic as @pierremgi said.

27 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

On the other hand, some realistic stuff is not so bad. Add a classic weapon in  a backpack or prepare some drop/ hidden crate. It's more immersive than any supergun.

Good suggestion. Do normal weapons work under water IRL? I didn't think they did (especially deep under water). Or at least the projectile would deter accuracy, range, etc...

8 hours ago, HazJ said:

Do normal weapons work under water IRL? I didn't think they did (especially deep under water). Or at least the projectile would deter accuracy, range, etc...

Generally, no. Some may if prepped correctly. Otherwise, you are likely to destroy the firearm and potentially injure yourself. 

I believe the HK 416 is a bit more forgiving than the standard AR/M4/M16 platform, but it should still be drained of water before discharging.

12 hours ago, HazJ said:

My second underwater super weapon is a tank shooting out of the water and destroying everything in range... :rofl:

But on a serious note. Something realistic as @pierremgi said.

Good suggestion. Do normal weapons work under water IRL? I didn't think they did (especially deep under water). Or at least the projectile would deter accuracy, range, etc...

I know a lot of guns tend to not function/actually blow up when fired underwater. Some like the HK416 has been tested and works fine directly after raising out of the water. A gun really serves no purpose UW because the water itself will just tank the bullet in less than a metre. 

The guns in backpacks thing is something I've already tried and I guess it's the best "solution" so far. However the SDAR is EXTREMELY innacurate when fired from water at a distance longer than 15 metres. It also just looks really stupid imo. Only big problem is the mission is stealth and firing a SDAR isn't very stealthy soundwise. I might just make a shoot in sync with loud noises script.