Lucky44

How to script damage to specific body parts (in ACE3 environment)

Here's what I'm trying to do: script damage to specific body parts so that it will register in ACE3's medical menu. While I'm at it, I'd like to be able to govern the ACE3 Medical TYPE of damage (e.g., cut, crush, velocity, etc.). 

So BIS_fnc_setHitPointDamage and setHitIndex don't work. The visuals (e.g., bloody injuries) appear on the unit, and the damage happens, but it doesn't show up on the ACE3 medical system (i.e., the need for bandaging doesn't show up).

I want to do this to create a way for medics to train (and be tested) using these scripts to apply damage to a unit in specific ways.

I think this is very feasible, but an hour of online searching yielded me nothing. Anyone have ideas?

To register damage to body parts when using ACE3 you should use "ace_medical_fnc_addDamageToUnit". 

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/blob/master/addons/medical/functions/fnc_addDamageToUnit.sqf

This will bring several consequences however. It will be handled like the unit just got shot/hit etc. 

Example (This must be executed locally!!!!)
[player, 0.8, "leg_r", "bullet"] call ace_medical_fnc_addDamageToUnit

// damage regions 
// "head", "body", "hand_l", "hand_r", "leg_l", "leg_r"

// damage types
// "backblast", "bite", "bullet", "explosive", "falling", "grenade", "punch", "ropeburn", "shell", "stab", "unknown", "vehiclecrash"

• Like 1