franzo

Lost connection with UAVs

Hi everyone,

as from topic, I've noted that sometimes, when I have access to multiple UAVs/UGVs and I switch between them using the UAV tablet, after a while I become unable to connect to them anymore: they keep their task (like circling an area) but the icon in the UAV terminal, instead of showing a circle around the selected UAV, shows an X on it. Also their are not selectable anymore on the scroll menu, neither I can access the controls of the last UAV used. I've been able to reconnect manually (using the action "connect to UAV") with a KH3A which, for some unknown reasons, has landed on a nearby airport...

How to solve this problem? Someone has already stumbled upon it? Thanks!

Did you die before you were unable to connect to them?

45 minutes ago, stanhope said:

Did you die before you were unable to connect to them?

I don't remember, but it's possible, it's a multiplayer mission with respawn

Whenever I see what you describe is when I just died and my body (and the UAV terminal) haven't de-spawned yet.  Meaning that that UAV is still connected to another UAV terminal than yours.  Meaning you can't connect. 

1 minute ago, stanhope said:

Whenever I see what you describe is when I just died and my body (and the UAV terminal) haven't de-spawned yet.  Meaning that that UAV is still connected to another UAV terminal than yours.  Meaning you can't connect. 

ok, so what I should do is pick the tablet? or there is a specific script I can run to disconnect the UAVs (is an editor mission I make)?

Deleting the previous terminal should work, haven't really looked into it.

1 hour ago, stanhope said:

Deleting the previous terminal should work, haven't really looked into it.

ok thank you

Sure, when you die, the uav terminal stays connected until someone grab it. And no other terminal can take control of this uav.

You can easily workaround this specific behavior with a code like:

addMissionEventHandler ["entityRespawned", {
  params ["_entity", "_corpse","_uav"];
  _uav = getConnectedUAV _corpse;
  _corpse connectTerminalToUAV objNull;
  _entity connectTerminalToUAV _uav;
}];

Just verify you have an UAV (respawn system doesn't guarantee the same loadout as edited!), or grab some in any crate.

If you already have this MEH, just add the inner code with the right local variables.