eunos

-mod= v -servermod=

Hi all

Hopefully someone can explain:

I'm setting up a rented dedicated server. We're using a 'parameters.txt' file to load up the mods. It says to enter the following:

-mods=@mod1;@mod2;@mod3;

-servermod=@mod1;@mod2;@mod3;

As I understand it, the 'servermod' line lists the mods to be loaded when the server starts but what does the 'mod' line do? Does it do anything on a dedicated server?

Any help appreciated

Thanks for the help. I think I understand (hopefully)

If it's in the -servermod list then it will be loaded when the server starts up but the clients won't know that it's been loaded/needed unless it's also in the -mod list?

So if I'm going to use something like ACE or CUP Terrains then they have to be in both lists but something that only the server needs would only be in the -servermod list?

What about something like Enhanced Soundscape? As I understand it I would only need the bikeys on the server. Would that go in both lists or just -mod?

Sorry for the questions but I really am new to this 

Only mods needed on the server are those that a mission would require, for example if your mission/s have

weapons from a mod then that mod needs to be on the server.

Some mods like game play mods, and sounds mods dont need to be on the server as they run on the outside (client side)

so to speak, they basically dont add anything other then atmosphere or function to the player and his environment.

Its not something that you can add in a mission unless the mod has modules you placed in the editor, or the download page of the mod

says the mod needs to be on the server too, to work in an MP environment.

No mod should be in both lists.

-mod = all mods except for those that run server side only

-servermod = all mods that run server side only

• Like 2