johnnyboy

MP Mission won't start in hosted server Windows 10

I'm playing some Steam MP missions on a self hosted Lan server.  After hosting and playing the mission a few times, some missions will no longer load.   They are listed in the host mission screen but when you click play nothing happens.   This is happening since I recently switched to Windows 10.

This fixes the problem for me:   Go to this directory:  C:\Users\<your Windows user name>\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\<your Arma player name>\Saved\steamMPMission, and delete the folder that that corresponds to the mission you are playing.   You can then select and run the mission again in a hosted MP server.

Any idea why this happens?  Is there a permanent fix?   Why does Windows 10 suck so bad?

I am running Windows 10 and we have never dealt with such an issue. When you say switched to windows 10 however, do you mean without a full format? Because it is possible to switch like that so as to keep your files but then a variety of issues have been reported. Not specifically with Arma 3 but with many others. Maybe that is your case.

1 hour ago, JohnKalo said:

When you say switched to windows 10 however, do you mean without a full format?

No, my old windows 7 machine died.  I got a new PC with Windows 10 pre-loaded.   Thanks for your reply John!

• Like 1

If your using the same profile you previously used with W7, it might be worth creating a new user profile....that might solve it. 

12 minutes ago, EO said:

If your using the same profile you previously used with W7, it might be worth creating a new user profile....that might solve it. 

Thanks EO.  I did create a new profile and no luck.  Its annoying, but I've moved on and not worrying about this any more, and using my workaround.

• Like 1