Mustang_185

[WIP, ALPHA] Jasło, Poland

whgA1BQ.jpg

Jasło is located in south - eastern Poland, in Carpathian mountains. It is modelled after the real place, although it will be modified for gameplay sake :)

The terrain is being created as an addition to PSZ: Polish Armed Forces modification

The map itself is 64 square kilometers (8,192 m x 8,192 m), with 4 m cell. It includes one big city, Jasło (already done!), located in a valley where three rivers flow. Yup, three rivers - better storm those bridges or prepare your fording equipment if you want to get anywhere. It is currently in early alpha stage and undergoes closed tests :)

There are also several smaller villages (TBD), and wide forest areas (more or less done). The map will offer varied enivronment for different missions.

It currently utilizes CUP objects, but we intend to prepare our own building pack, to make it more varied and to add this central Europe atmosphere instead of generic CUP-city :)

DOWNLOAD:

Steam Download

Less talking, more screens:

Spoiler

20180830225216_1.jpg20180830225457_1.jpg20180830225114_1.jpgunknown.png

Edited by Mustang_185
release
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 2

Good luck with this! 

Love my CUP but new European terrain with unique buildings? Nice!

• Like 1

Nice one mate, looking good so far!

Current size of the city, pardon my absymal graphic settings. As you can see there are numerous residential areas, Old City (this part is really well made and atmospheric), Soviet-style khrushchyovkas clusters (ffs, how are those built outside of USSR called?), business district, glassworks, stadium, etc. You probably can't say from glancing at this screenshot, but the city isn't located on a totally flat ground and there are some serious level differences. Quite varied environment, I would say.

9UQgE08.jpg

• Like 9

looks awesome man. love me some bloc-style cities.

38 minutes ago, Mustang_185 said:

Current size of the city, pardon my absymal graphic settings. As you can see there are numerous residential areas, Old City (this part is really well made and atmospheric), Soviet-style khrushchyovkas clusters (ffs, how are those built outside of USSR called?), business district, glassworks, stadium, etc. You probably can't say from glancing at this screenshot, but the city isn't located on a totally flat ground and there are some serious level differences. Quite varied environment, I would say.

<snip>

Looking nice so far, keep up the good work!

P.S: Here in Germany we usually call them "Plattenbau", or short "Platte"

• Like 1

One more, this time map of the whole terrain. I've marked rivers with blue pencil as they were not visible. The red blob is the city, Jasło. 

Rivers flow in quite flat and mostly forest-less valleys (several hundred meters vide). To the north there are high hills towering over city, covered with beech forests. Western area is also quite mountainous, but it alsohas some settlements, and lacks such big forests. To the east we have very wide and flat terrain, excellent for armored operations. But be vary - there are some irrigation canals that could tamper your movement! South-western area is similar to western, and south-eastern resembles eastern, but without those pesky streams! Instead it has some very gentle rolling hills.

ZE50jEP.png

• Like 4

Can't wait to see this progress further; looking forward to the day it's released.

On 5.09.2018 at 7:05 PM, Mustang_185 said:

(ffs, how are those built outside of USSR called?),

If you mean 5 store buildings they were really called khrushchyovkas in ZSRR, no idea how outside, probably the same in PL

I know 7 store buildings were called "Leningrads". Not sure if you refere to this. Funny thing about the Lenningrad building was an elevator with ground level marked with number "1" , so called "pyervoy etage". That way to go to 7th store (as we see it now) you had to press "8" :)

Looks good man, I was looking for a map with a large european city recently, especially one with a large industrial area, so I'm glad to see "industrial area" on the map you posted! :D

On 09/09/2018 at 10:06 AM, thebuckfastwine said:

Epic street to street fighting awaits us all

Belfast on the 12th every year... 

On another note, looks good mate, can't wait to have a go on this one!

• Like 2

Nearby villages are progressing steadily. As you can see, the season I chose for this terrain is autumn, but it is likely that I'll also create summer variant.

F75D734F7E439E8E8205970FC950FA2B2507301E

5A64EE0FF27BAF1CD0BA1F937F60415E0D641317

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I just finished taking a joyride through parts of the terrain.

You should consider making/marking fords on the rivers.

There is no bridge at 023979.  Assuming that was intentional, maybe add some wreckage there.  

The AI doesn't have too much of a problem crossing bridges, and that is a good thing.

Thanks for mentioning it! I must've deleted it by accident. I make sure of bridges being functional, although few still are not passable by AI - but they're located in empty areas, so I'll get to them later.

As for fords I'll add them when I'll be creating nearby settlements - so they'll be placed with gameplay flow in mind.

• Like 1

Terrain updated!

Fixed:

Some bridges now passable by AI
Missing bridge east of Jasło (thanks for heads up, Badanov!)

Added:

Monastery south of Jasło
Trzcinica village
Łazy Bieździeckie village
Abandoned airstrip

Trzcinica

F05A5B8658E266FAA20E52A8B4B7C1CC3951CEEF

49D8CAFF44B58F3F0A72BE9F393D775702C2CB9C

Łazy Bieździeckie

1CE320C903207C40D2F86C0C5D3041062E9A2727

B0610E563464803DACAA02458809D49DEDFD079B

Monastery

8E9313FA6285F472B94D60A794C2399DBCF20610

Alas, no time for that, Piter! And above all I'm into moonshine now. It really helps you deal with Terrain Builder's errors. 

• Like 1

Just a small update:

Added: junkyard north of the city

I also wanted to ask you guys a question. Street names on the map, do you think they are helpful? Is there a meaning to keeping them/adding more, or should I just throw them away to make map clearer?

9C7648E6F9D6970C5B8E25487DCFDEBC9D042E2D

3B0D9346B7BB9EDE502933FDDA9BD804AA93E2A4

F55F2D4DA168E7832D4A6E38B6C4417D28A881AD

• Like 1