Αplion

HAFM NAVY - Submarines & Ships - v2

A small fix just released for removing some forgotten debugging stuff ... please after updating your files check if still you are getting any issues and report back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

New tweak released

changelog

Tweaked: Cruise accuracy improved
Added: New custom config parameter added. Accuracy of cruise missiles depending on the type of missile which is used. 
Tomahawk has 10m. CEP (circular error probable), Kalibr has 3m and Naval Scalp has 6m.

• Like 1

Tweaked: Helicopters can land onto landing decks via script. Bad news, they cannot turn on/off their engines after landing but keep the engine status as it is when script is called.

For landing, player needs to lower on deck and when he/she sees the action "Secure Helicopter" he needs to use that to land the helicopter.

Arleigh Burke-class destroyer ... WIP ...

2eebur6.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Ensure that you put as an option the numeral 151 and the name USS Nathan James.

I'm hooked to "The Last Ship" series.

Good work Aplion

• Like 1

Hey, @Aplion is the Burke and other ships gonna get close in weapons like 50.cals and M240s both in single and or dual mounts for both calibers?

%20050514-N-USS%20Normandy%20(CG%2060),%WNUS_50cal-M2_MG_McCain_pic.jpgUS_Navy_120124-N-BC134-346_Sailors_fire_

16 hours ago, mankyle said:

Ensure that you put as an option the numeral 151 and the name USS Nathan James.

I'm hooked to "The Last Ship" series.

Good work Aplion

All ships above DDG-85 have single CIWS. We do not want to create a handicap compared to other ships, therefore we will stick to Flight IIA but stay below DDG-85 to have 2 CIWS

Are there plans for a different system to mimic the Aegis system for this or will it be just like the others?

I still couln"t figure out what Aegis really does and how 🙂 So there will be no Aegis at the moment

I checked before the wiki but didn't understand what it is doing. All ships have radar and they fire missiles anyway

I believe that aegis is more accurate than the standard anti-missiles system. Perhaps what could be done is have multiple anti-missiles missiles launched. On DCS world there is an example of this that you can see where it will launch multiple missiles to counter 1 just in case the first one misses. But then that would mean you would need more missiles for this ship as well. 

Depending on what I use I get mixed results. F/A-18 with 8 AGM-88 HRAM missiles against 4 Admiral Grigorovich classes and 2-4 Buyan classes I can usually win. If I use a ship myself than I stand no chance. Sometimes they can shoot down enough missiles to make me use GBUs though. I tried out 8 Grigorovich's and the one F/A-18 and typically they seem to do well against it but there are times where the CIWS focuses on me instead of the missiles. I typically fly rather low to them in order to stay out of range for the anti-air missiles so I would assume that could be the reason?

Hello I love your mods by the way! How do make such great mods?! lol I was just wondering what missile systems other than the TLAM, Harpoon, and the Standard missile system where you going to include in the Burke class? Are you thinking of any Asrocs (antisubmarine missiles), the anti shipping variant of the tomahawk, and allowing the standard missile to be used in a secondary anti shipping role as well? Other wise keep up the great work 

Ascros is in my future to-do list but might not be in initial release. There will be no harpoon on flight IIa but rim-66 for antiship purpose

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Aegis is a system that allows multiple ships to coordinate their radars and missile fire, as well as providing the commander with a comprehensive picture of the situation. It also records it, which is useful in case the commander does something stupid like shooting down an airliner. All in all, it's of little use in ArmA, since it doesn't really provide that kind of depth to naval combat.

12 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

I see no use case of it in Arma

It can be but that depends on how it’s done and how it’s implemented and used. In the case for example you want to create or use a ship just for multiplayer servers then it could work other than that no.