Αplion

HAFM NAVY - Submarines & Ships - v2

4 hours ago, JohnKalo said:

Any way to respawn the ships when they are destroyed and then place the players back in?

I do not know how the names for the different positions are like moveInDriver, moveInCargo and such.

In previous versions neither the reload modules worked so does this version support the vehicle respawn modules?

And hopefully the issue where the 2 boats the vessels carried fell down whenever you turned the ship inside the editor (change rotation not while playing) has been fixed.

1- you can use scripting commands to find the positions in the vehicles.

2-

a) What do you mean with reload modules? You cannot reload the weapons via any vanilla thing as we do not use vanilla weapons because they do not give the functionalities we want to give

b) What do you mean with respawn modules? I do not see any reason why respawn module will not work

3- It is editor, when you start it will allign the directions so there is nothing to fix there

I do not know how to find those names actually. 

I meant the modules with which you set ammo from 0 to 1. Since they are different weapons I now get it.

I meant the vehicle re-spawn modules from the editor. If the re-spawn modules work then I shall use them as is. Thought that add-ons either work or do not work with modules.

respawn should work as the ships and subs are based on vanilla classes. Give a try and tell us if you see any issue

Uploading video showing that cruise missiles will impact the first way-point. Not the last.

Also, second. The OpFor Corvette, the Igla launchers don't rotate. They only fire straight ahead. That a bug or a feature?

7 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

Let's see the video first and I will check the cruise stuff

Here's the video. 

Couple things:

- Ignore the chittering idiots.

-in editor, the CM will arc to around 200-500m up and 200-500m out before doing a sharp dive to seaskim and heading to it's waypoints.

In this server, the CM will do a slow, wide, arc  to around 1500m up, and 3000m out. 

Spent couple hours trying to figure out where it was going when I placed a waypoint to close.  It will go up and out super high and far. Then back track to the first way point.

The view distance is capped at 3500?. So this was harder to show case then I thought. 

But the server is RGP Tanoa PVP 

Feel free to stop in and use my ship for any testing you need to gather more data. I'm sure I could convince an admin to come help us out. 

They are also struggling to get the subs to work. But since they Arnt in the server yet, I can't investigate those.

EDIT:

Also, how would one (such as the server owner) adjust the armor levels of the ship?

He is telling me that the armor level and fuel level of the ship (500 armor, and 12l fuel) are coded into the mod and he cant edit them.

looks like somehow CBA_fnc_addPerFrameHandler is not working properly in your server. That handler suppose to run each frame at server machine to adjust the missiles direction and f it goes to thousands of meters high that means it is not running somehow by each frame. I do not know the reason maybe some other mods in server causing it or maybe server setup 

Harpoons, to shoot down planes, yes. Quite nicely
I haven't quite figured out anti ship missiles with the admiral ship. In radar they fire. but wont seek rhib boats (only targets i can produce). And GPS mode I cant get to fire most of the time, when i pick a target cord within 45 degrees of the nose. 
Torpedoes, I only fired once. Shooting them knocked the ship sideways about 20 feet. So i never tried again. 

harpoon radar guided is easy, you fire it to the direction where a ship stays and at least 1400 meters away. Then it finds its own target. Described in manual already.

What do you mean by knoking your own ship? Did you fire it in shallow water so it hit to bottom and explode?

21 minutes ago, Devastator_cm said:

harpoon radar guided is easy, you fire it to the direction where a ship stays and at least 1400 meters away. Then it finds its own target. Described in manual already.

What do you mean by knoking your own ship? Did you fire it in shallow water so it hit to bottom and explode?

read your document many many times. 

Radar fires, but i dont have anything bigger then the Rhib to test on. And they never impact. So thats still unknown. 
and no, the torpedoes when fired, knock the ship sideways. like it was hit with a battering ram. Not from explosion. 

I think you guys have mod conflicts. Can you give me list of mods you use so if that is not much I might take a look 

1 hour ago, Devastator_cm said:

I think you guys have mod conflicts. Can you give me list of mods you use so if that is not much I might take a look 

https://imgur.com/Po17w8t

@Devastator_cm

How can the server owner adjust the armor of the ships ?

Right now, the biggest ship has 468 armor. Just slightly more then something like the hunter.

please and thank you.

Also, The server owner is 
Beshire#2130 

on discord. He has invited open conversation between you two to try and figure out these issues.

Modern ships do not have thick armors like the old mighty battlecruisers of WW2.

You can google in internet (keywords, Modern warships and armor) and will see that ships today relly on defence systems like CIWS, Anti missile missiles, decoys etc and not anymore on armor (one example explanation you can find here https://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/the-lesson-the-uss-fitzgerald-tragedy-us-navy-warships-need-21233)

A single antiship missile can sink a ship if it hits a good point. They are traveling very very fast (except old Harpoon) with high explosive warheads. So instead of making ships with heavier armor than in the past, they use defence systems to prevent such missiles hits in first place.

yea but the coolest rendition of the old vs new is the show, "The Last Ship" season 5, US Arleigh Burke Destroyer vs Grand Columbian Iowa Class! first appears by blowing a hole the size of a living room in the bow of the Destroyer. magazine outta action, so no missiles, what was truly scary about that moment was the 16"Inchers outranged the modern destroyer's 5" & Homing torpedoes, plus since they were shells, not missiles, they invisible on radar! awesome as hell!

23 minutes ago, Digger James said:

since they were shells, not missiles, they invisible on radar

This is incorrect. Especially with regard to an Aegis Destroyer. 

Also, for perspective: https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/12/9f/83/94/a-16-inch-shell-in-front.jpg

A 16inch naval projectile can even be seen in flight. 

Since the ship armor is so low, and there doesn't seem to be "hitboxes" persay. 

A Rpg or titan killing the biggest ship seems unbalanced.

Just now, -BAKE- said:

Since the ship armor is so low, and there doesn't seem to be "hitboxes" persay. 

A Rpg or titan killing the biggest ship seems unbalanced.

Have you tried this ?

1 hour ago, Αplion said:

Have you tried this ?

In server? no.

The armor is listed as a value very similar to some APCs. Which can only take 1 titan rocket.

I havnt been driven to blow up a ship that takes me roughly 30-40 hours of playtime to afford.
And The only other person on the server with a ship lost it to a couple of JDAMS a team mate dropped on it.

In Editor, it seems to be more durable. But yes, its mostly conjecture at this point. 

jdams can be 500kg mate. Even single hit of jdam can sink a ship right away.

Destroying an object is not purely based on the armor which you see in config. It depends on the configuration of the hitpoints in model as well and some other factors on top

9 minutes ago, Devastator_cm said:

jdams can be 500kg mate. Even single hit of jdam can sink a ship right away.

Destroying an object is not purely based on the armor which you see in config. It depends on the configuration of the hitpoints in model as well and some other factors on top

These were 500lb JDAMS. 
But yes, The ship exploding was expected, especially with 4 of them.

It was a "HE NEEDS TO DIE RIGHT NOW BEFORE HE FIRES AT ME" vs an experiment of "I wonder if a JDAM will kill it"

Are there only planned to be European ships or are there plans for others such as Asian (China and Japan) ships and American ships?

Just now, Sir BadNade said:

Are there only planned to be European ships or are there plans for others such as Asian (China and Japan) ships and American ships?

We are planning to add an Arleigh Burke-class destroyer (USA) and probably some similar vessel from China ... 

• Like 2

Heck yeah! Lookinh forward to it. In the far future perhaps the Maya class Destroyer would be something to consider.