Αplion

HAFM NAVY - Submarines & Ships - v2

In the previous version of this mod. One could lock on to ground vehicles with weapons officer and fire the anti ship missiles. I assume that was a place holder?

Is there any way to use the ships missiles against ground targets?

For example, if my team mate see a vehicle and gives me its coordinates.  And I fire a missile in GPS mode. Will it seek that vehicle. Or does that feature only work against ships.

Just now, -BAKE- said:

In the previous version of this mod. One could lock on to ground vehicles with weapons officer and fire the anti ship missiles. I assume that was a place holder?

Is there any way to use the ships missiles against ground targets?

For example, if my team mate see a vehicle and gives me its coordinates.  And I fire a missile in GPS mode. Will it seek that vehicle. Or does that feature only work against ships.

Anti-ship missiles, as also Anti-Missile ones, are self-explanatory about their purpose (also Cruise are in fact) ... if you will seek on the web you will find that such missiles don't lock on targets (read our manual for more details) ...

On any case, we are working on a handheld device for ground units that will make it easy to call support either for ships artillery or cruise missiles based on specific map point (map click probably - waypoint).

Just now, Αplion said:

Anti-ship missiles, as also Anti-Missile ones, are self-explanatory about their purpose (also Cruise are in fact) ... if you will seek on the web you will find that such missiles don't lock on targets (read our manual for more details) ...

On any case, we are working on a handheld device for ground units that will make it easy to call support either for ships artillery or cruise missiles based on specific map point (map click probably - waypoint).

Yes I have read the manual a few times. 

I didnt mean lock on to specific targets persay, I was just wondering on the programming or mod end of things. Do the missiles only seek ships or missiles once fired?

Or for example, if there is a vehicle all by its self in grid 142090 (on land) and I sent a anti-ship GPS missile to those coordinates will it ignore that vehicle and explode after its timer is up because it didnt find object classed as "Ship". 

Anyway. Thanks for the replies.

Im having a lot of fun with your mod on the server now that everything is functional. 

Quite possibly my favorite mod. You get more and more talented with each release Aplion! Have you considered adding more brown-water boats?

New update for Ships and Submarines released

changelog

- Added: Roussen Class Missile Boat (on both BLUFOR and IND sides).
- Added: New vehicles entry point at middle of ships and submarines to ease the entry into vehicle.
- Tweaked: Anti Ship missiles speed increased (UGM84D & RGM84D - 700kph, EXOCET - 900kph, 3M54T - 1400kph).
- Tweaked: Speed of SCALP Naval missile, also increased (SCALP Naval - 600kph).
- Tweaked: Ship defence system is now working against any kind of incoming missile which is treated as threat to ship (still same logic based on the travel direction of missile compared to ship).
- Tweaked: MEKO200HN back CIWS coverage angle improved.
- Tweaked: Improved CIWS operation in general.

• Like 3

Yey updates.

Will the new defense logic attempt to stop shoulder fired missiles like RPG and titan?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, -BAKE- said:

Yey updates.

Will the new defense logic attempt to stop shoulder fired missiles like RPG and titan?

Yes ... if the Ship is into minimum distance needed for CIWS to work ...

I've found that in dedicated server, FREMM's decoys (idk if other ships decoys have this problem) don't make enemy torpedoes to explode in contact, so, the torpedoe continues its course and locks again the frigate

• Thanks 1

I've found that anti-missile systems are kinda bugged too in DS and smoke particle on missile launch aren't showing

After many days of trying to test in a live exile server (without dying),  iv discovered the issues with the cruise missile not working for me is because they always impact at waypoint 1. 

So at least I can use them now, but picking a ideal route isn't possible.

But having fun with them in any case.

22 hours ago, -BAKE- said:

After many days of trying to test in a live exile server (without dying),  iv discovered the issues with the cruise missile not working for me is because they always impact at waypoint 1. 

So at least I can use them now, but picking a ideal route isn't possible.

But having fun with them in any case.

In video I cannot see how your cruise wp setup was. Can you make a video which shows the setup before fire and the impact on first wp instead of the last one?

22 hours ago, Raul Marrero said:

But i mean that CIWS dont work properly, both guns and missiles dont defend the ship

What do you mean exactly? Which ship you used and which ship attacked you with which missile? Any video or something?

I attacked both FREMM and Roussen with both anti-ship and cruise missiles (just flying above) from both russian ships.

I tested that before in the editor and worked perfectly.

I'll try to record a video, but idk if my bad laptop will be able to do that :/

4 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

In video I cannot see how your cruise wp setup was. Can you make a video which shows the setup before fire and the impact on first wp instead of the last one?

Ill try and record something tonight.
that video was more to show me having fun with it. (trying to kill that player) then it was showcasing the bug.

But yeah, should be simple enough to show I think. 

12 hours ago, Raul Marrero said:

I attacked both FREMM and Roussen with both anti-ship and cruise missiles (just flying above) from both russian ships.

I tested that before in the editor and worked perfectly.

I'll try to record a video, but idk if my bad laptop will be able to do that :/

also please show the issue with the decoy

So, when i give a cruise missile a waypoint. my captain shouts the grid. and the driver starts moving to the grid making multiple cruise missile waypoints impossible. because you can't launch if they're not within some degrees. 

6 minutes ago, Timo B. said:

So, when i give a cruise missile a waypoint. my captain shouts the grid. and the driver starts moving to the grid making multiple cruise missile waypoints impossible. because you can't launch if they're not within some degrees. 

Cruise missiles does't have any "degrees" limitation. The "move" problem is something that default game engine have and can't be stopped.

I suggest to either fire quickly after waypoint placement  or just stop the submarine and then open the GUI again and fire (I hope the waypoints will be still on the map). Generally the problem of "non-firing" is because the Submarine needs to be still (not moving) in order for cruise missile to fire ... try the Russian one ... ONLY for this Submarine this is not required as it is (in real life) the only Submarine capable to fire cruise missiles while is on move.

small correction. Russian Subs also need to be stopped before launching cruise missile. What Russian subs can do better than US ones is, launching without submerging. So you can fire cruise missile from Yasen even without you dive

• Like 1

Any way to respawn the ships when they are destroyed and then place the players back in?

I do not know how the names for the different positions are like moveInDriver, moveInCargo and such.

In previous versions neither the reload modules worked so does this version support the vehicle respawn modules?

And hopefully the issue where the 2 boats the vessels carried fell down whenever you turned the ship inside the editor (change rotation not while playing) has been fixed.