Αplion

HAFM NAVY - Submarines & Ships - v2

12 minutes ago, Timo B. said:

So i tried using the GPS 6 Digits again with the anti-ship missiles all conditions are met (coordinates are put in and the right side is selected) i press fire, and nothing happens. 

and the grid where you were firing at was also at your 3 o"clock?

Just now, Devastator_cm said:

and the grid where you were firing at was also at your 3 o"clock?

9 o'clock using port side. 

8 minutes ago, Αplion said:

Please record and post a short video and show us what you are doing ... believe me ... whatever I did so far trying that was absolute success ... so I need to clarify some things just in case ...

Ships which have missile launchers looking left-right ... need to be turned by side on their target (45 degrees angle) .... ships which are using vertical launchers (the Russian) need to LOOK on target direction (again 45 degrees angle but in front this time) ...

So ... guessing that these are more or less known info ... I need to see some video action about, in order to say what may be wrong (or not) ... please think that if creators can't reproduce the issue ... can't solve it also.

Thanks for understanding that.

I insist ...

How do you know you secured the helicopter? I do not see in your action menu the action. Are you sure you read the manual mate?

Well i know i secured the helicopter because the action showed up and i clicked it after that the helicopter seemed to have attached to the ship and couldn't fly anymore, no other options came up when i had clicked it like the pictures show. 

Also i hope the video (dropbox) is enough information for you to see the problem with the anti-ship missiles? 

34 minutes ago, Timo B. said:

Well i know i secured the helicopter because the action showed up and i clicked it after that the helicopter seemed to have attached to the ship and couldn't fly anymore, no other options came up when i had clicked it like the pictures show. 

Also i hope the video (dropbox) is enough information for you to see the problem with the anti-ship missiles? 

For helicopter ... after secure it ... and ... if you want to un-secure and fly again ... open helicopter engine first and then check your action menu for release option ... then ... fly away ... thats the procedure ... remember to start heli engine "on" ...

Alright, what about not being able to get out of the helicopter into the ship, and the ship missile problems? Did the video help explain the situation?

Just now, Timo B. said:

Alright, what about not being able to get out of the helicopter into the ship, and the ship missile problems? Did the video help explain the situation?

ONLY on MEKO (this ship you tried) there is an extra option in order to get into ship when you are landed with heli on it ... to open the landing deck door first (action menu) ... try it ... our mistake that didn't clarify that.

10 minutes ago, Αplion said:

ONLY on MEKO (this ship you tried) there is an extra option in order to get into ship when you are landed with heli on it ... to open the landing deck door first (action menu) ... try it ... our mistake that didn't clarify that.

Ah alright, thanks for the clarification.

and the missile problem is being looked into?

35 minutes ago, Timo B. said:

Ah alright, thanks for the clarification.

and the missile problem is being looked into?

Based on your video ... for me there is no problem at all ... you are trying to use GPS fire on a very close distance ... not needed in fact as at this distance you can use any other fire option ... try to do the same on a non-visual distance target ... thats what GPS option is used for ... give it a try and let me know if missile will not find its target then ... 

Note ... this mod is trying to be as close in real life can be ... GPS targeting - fire is used when another (maybe friendly) ship is among you and your and target ... the point is to give coordinates that are after non affected ships ... these should be the GPS coordinates ... after those coords that missile will low its course near the sea and will find its target easily ... thats the point.

Question, if an enemy cruise missile comes into range of another ship, can the Missile defences engage it to stop it from reaching its target?

I have the same problem with helicopters.

I've tried with the FREMM and vanilla littlebird.

When I land, the option shows up when I turn off the engine, but when I secure de heli, I can't move into the ship via action menu and if I disembark, I bug with the ship and can't move nor do anything but enter the heli again.

When I turn on the engine again, I can hear the motor turning on, but it doesn't move faster and I don't get the option in the action menu to un-secure

when helicopter is secured the engine on/off animations are broken. It is unfortunately how attachto command is impacting. I opened a ticket for it but answer was "it will not be fixed". So if you want to turn on or off the engine you should do it while helicopter is not secured.

At the moment defence system is only catching the antiship missiles

6 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

when helicopter is secured the engine on/off animations are broken. It is unfortunately how attachto command is impacting. I opened a ticket for it but answer was "it will not be fixed". So if you want to turn on or off the engine you should do it while helicopter is not secured.

At the moment defence system is only catching the antiship missiles

OK, but I mean that i cant deattach the heli, and I can't move to the heli from the ship and vice-versa

4 minutes ago, Raul Marrero said:

OK, but I mean that i cant deattach the heli, and I can't move to the heli from the ship and vice-versa

ok ... try for example on FREMM using whatever helicopter you like ... land on deck and turn off your helicopter engine ... then using the action menu secure the helicopter on deck. Few seconds after check again in action menu if you have a "get in ship" green command ... if yes use it ... if no let me know. In case you will be into ship (you have to be in cargo compartment) use again action menu to "get in helicopter" ... when you will be in ... turn your engine "on" and then look again in action menu for "release helicopter" option ... then fly away ..

Basic thing is that when you are landed on ship you need first to shut down the engine and then to secure the heli ... and ofcourse before release the heli to also turn on your heli engine ... have you followed that procedure before ?

Zoiks! Red Alert guys...

Just tried to load up our current mission for tonight (on-going for weeks)....

I get an ERROR now stating HAFM_Submarines_Core Required.

I have both Submarines & Core Weapons subscribed in the Steam Workshop.

Ideas? If I cant fix before tonight's Ops, I'm screwed. Two months work gone.

I'll try and subscribe to the Ships Mod as well and see if that fixes it.

1 hour ago, Von Quest said:

Zoiks! Red Alert guys...

Just tried to load up our current mission for tonight (on-going for weeks)....

I get an ERROR now stating HAFM_Submarines_Core Required.

I have both Submarines & Core Weapons subscribed in the Steam Workshop.

Ideas? If I cant fix before tonight's Ops, I'm screwed. Two months work gone.

I'll try and subscribe to the Ships Mod as well and see if that fixes it.

mod is updated and there is a dependency to the core mode where weapons are. If you have an old mission where you put vehicles, you need to open it with the helper nod in modpage and then remove old vehicles and replace with new one 

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm still lost. I downloaded the "Patch" fix you uploaded. I still can't open the Mission at all. It throws that same Error.

Normally I can just replace classnames in the .sqm with my software, but its binarized and locked.

I'm not seeing where/how to "open" with the helper mod you mention.

--------------

UPDATE:

Being a modder myself, I just patched it quick on my end for now. Its all good. Fixed. I can at least play and update

properly later. Thanks.

GREAT project by the way. Love your work. Cheers!!!!

• Like 1

A small fix released regarding some transported default weapons classnames error (default transported weapons removed but any user can add his own on his missions). 

• Like 1

A small fix released on Core & Weapons part for some incompatibility with ACE and some other weapons mod.

• Like 1

Okay, so there's this BECTI server I play on, OFPS run by; SpanishSurfer, LIVEANDLETDIE & Apollo and since the update, inflatable assault boats have been spawning like crazy every time someone buys a ship or activates a naval caps zone.

I personally don't how it's happening or how to fix it but here's a link to get in touch with the server developers (the Official server discord) talk it out with them since we play the heck outta your stuff here: https://discord.gg/B7GrsqM