Αplion

HAFM NAVY - Submarines & Ships - v2

I do believe one of you said that the anti missile missiles would have a hit chance instead of a failure chance though?

I think it would be nice (for future version oc) to add anti-ship land artillery, so ships wouldn't be the only threat to you.

9 hours ago, Timo B. said:

I do believe one of you said that the anti missile missiles would have a hit chance instead of a failure chance though?

I do not remember the exact % but anti-missile missiles has something like 10% failure ratio so 90% success ratio in that case. This depends ofcourse on the distance to target missile. If you notice the missile to late success ratio drops dramatically as these missiles are fired with VLS system and it needs time to climb and dive which means too late if target missile detected closer than 1300 meters I would say.

For close distances like above CIWS (close-in weapon system) are the last hope

10 hours ago, Raul Marrero said:

I think it would be nice (for future version oc) to add anti-ship land artillery, so ships wouldn't be the only threat to you.

These ships have already artillery (cannon) capability for land targets or areas, as also cruise missiles for land targets (I think I'm writing this on initial post description).

He means he wants some form of artillery that can engage ships whilst itself is on land.

Not a ship to ship engagement but a land to ship engagement. 

57 minutes ago, Timo B. said:

He means he wants some form of artillery that can engage ships whilst itself is on land.

Not a ship to ship engagement but a land to ship engagement. 

Exactly, I mean some type of Land to Ship missile, not Ship to Land

1 hour ago, Raul Marrero said:

Exactly, I mean some type of Land to Ship missile, not Ship to Land

Sorry but still don't get it ... you are talking about a "Land to Ship" missile which means some ground weapon able to fire against ships ? if yes ... you are looking on wrong mod ... here we are making a naval part (Ships - Submarines) and not shore defense systems.

Guys we are working on ships and didn't release it yet but you already started to make future requests. What to say.. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Αplion said:

Sorry but still don't get it ... you are talking about a "Land to Ship" missile which means some ground weapon able to fire against ships ? if yes ... you are looking on wrong mod ... here we are making a naval part (Ships - Submarines) and not shore defense systems.

Oh, ok

I just thought it would be nice

Its a great work anyway :)

• Like 1

so if i understand correctly: all ships in the current NAVY mod that is on workshop, will NOT be included in this release. In other words: we will lose them?

11 hours ago, lato190 said:

so if i understand correctly: all ships in the current NAVY mod that is on workshop, will NOT be included in this release. In other words: we will lose them?

Yes (except the Gun Boat and Fast Attack Boat which will remain). Better ships will be replace current ones (by the meaning of quality and usage) plus that on future updates more might be added.

11 hours ago, Raul Marrero said:

Oh, ok

I just thought it would be nice

Its a great work anyway :)

Maybe on future we can do something about :)

Will the embarked helicopters be included in the mod or will we have to download the HAFM Helicopters too?

And will we be able to change the embarked heli in the editor?

Just now, Raul Marrero said:

Will the embarked helicopters be included in the mod or will we have to download the HAFM Helicopters too?

And will we be able to change the embarked heli in the editor?

HAFM helicopters is an non-relative mod to this one ... all default helicopters plus HAFM ones will be able to work with ships (land on them - embark - disembark - etc). On future plans we have at least two more helicopters for naval aspect ... but this is not for initial release.

• Like 1

So, HAFM and vanilla helicopter are the only ones that can land in ships, or are they the only ones that is SURE that can land on ships, and the other helis from mods are not supported and may or may not land?

Idk if i've explained it clearly :/

8 minutes ago, Devastator_cm said:

I suggest anyone interested for this mod to have a good look on that updated manual, especially on Ships part ... in case there are questions and parts that need clarification, it will be nice to fix them before release ... plus that you will know before release what you have to expect from Ships part :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I have some doubts about the deployable boats.

Are they just the ArmaIII basic assault boats/zodiacs or are they better?

Why can't they be retrieved to the main ship?

10 minutes ago, Raul Marrero said:

I have some doubts about the deployable boats.

Are they just the ArmaIII basic assault boats or are they better?

Why can't they be retrieved to the main ship?

These are just default boats and the whole system is working just fine ... now ... imagine that you are returning back from a mission on a hostile area ... is your priority to retrieve the damn boats or just to have their crew - cargo safe and leave the area ASAP ?

Anyway ... each ship can release about 10 boats, if I'm not mistaken, so for any mission there are plenty for usage by a cargo of 21 men (thats the cargo limit for these ships).

• Like 2

Just now, Timo B. said:

if the mission is anti-piracy the boats would definetly be retrieved. 

I thought ArmA is a war game ... do you think that is it possible for modders to include all aspects on their mods ? I believe that not even BIS did that ... anyway ... leave the boats when you will kill all pirates and then continue your mission killing more pirates or maybe change your mission to something else ... is this looks logical to you my friend ?

• Like 2

True... That feature that may look simple to us, can be a pain to include. If devs haven't implemented it, i'm sure that there is a reason

• Like 1