genesis92x

Mission Publisher - Can't Update Scenario

Hello, thanks for the help.

I rarely use the steam publisher... I recently released Dissension here : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1495356230

Today I wanted to push out a small update with bug fixes. I changed nothing but a few script files.

Well, upon trying to publish the scenario again - to update it - it want's me to completely re-upload the scenario as a new workshop item. 

As seen here:

https://imgur.com/a/KpNgy6z

https://imgur.com/a/1HILMfl

You can see that I have actually published the mission here: https://imgur.com/a/u83xGzK But it politely reminds me that I can't edit it there - only in-game. ONLY IF IT WORKED >:|

I feel like I am missing something...isn't the point of the steam workshop to allow me to update the mission without having to constantly delete the old mission and re-upload it to steam?  :eh:

Is there a way I can simply update the scenario without having to delete the old scenario?

Thanks again

EDIT: I went ahead and deleted the old mission and just uploaded a new one. The new one does populate in the EDEN editor properly for updates. Just disappointing seeing as my old mission file had at least 1000 subs already. Oh well, happens I suppose. :f:

havent tried it yet but probably you can also use command line to publish missions

rem ----
set _APP_PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\Publisher
set _SOURCE_PATH=D:\sourceFolder
rem ----

cd /D "%_APP_PATH%"

PublisherCmd update /id:XXX /changeNote:"" /path:%_SOURCE_PATH%\@MODFOLDER /nologo /nosummary

pause

PS: if not, could turn it into a "addon" pbo with cfgMissions to make it available in SP/MP

• Thanks 1

yeah i remember now. too bad another of these never to be improved things with A3 :/

probably best you go the mod way then (unless you want ppl not having to download the mod to be able to join a MP session..)

• Thanks 1

Why not publish from editor (steam icon) as a new scenario? Not tested but that should work.

• Thanks 1

Hey guys, just to finish this thread off. I have a tendency to not be very clear. I published FROM the editor in the 1st place. It uploaded to steam correctly and over the next couple days gained 1000+ subscribers. After several bug reports rolled in I decided to go fix them and reupload, again THROUGH the editor in game (like the 1st time). However, the mission wasn't listed there - as seen by the images in the first post. I posted the picture of the publisher to prove that I did upload the mission through the editor.

In the end I was unable to edit the mission and had to completely re-upload the mission and delete the old mission using Steam. After this it showed up correctly in the ArmA editor, allowing me to update the mission without having to delete it and re-upload it.  The bug is sad because the mission is sitting at 250 subscribers instead of the 1000+ it had before (Not a big deal :f: ) This is the first time I have had steam/arma botch up a mission upload like that.

Thanks for the help!

Sorry to bump this thread guys,

I got this issue again - I am having a hard time figuring out what is causing it...or if this is intentional?

I can no longer simply update my scenario on the steam workshop from the EDEN editor. I have to delete it from the workshop and re-upload it entirely, instead of just being able to update it.  The mission is missing entirely from the "Publish to Steam Workshop" button. Has anyone else have this happen to them? 

EDIT: I believe it might just be a better idea to make the mission into an "addon" and upload it that way.

That's pretty strange, Is it available anywhere else like dropbox or GitHub?   I still like the one that's still on Steam.  I'll probably keep on liking it....

I'm sorry to bump this again guys, I feel like I am missing something.  I am about to give up with posting missions on Steam....

I recently re-posted Dissension on steam here, for the 3rd time: 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1600349578&searchtext=Dissension

I have made some changes and would like to update again....however....yet again I cannot just update the mission within ArmA Eden editor. It's asking me to completely upload a new version. Has this happened to anyone else? Am I missing something simple here?

How are we supposed to update missions on steam?

Thank you.

Are you sure you don't have your mission listed in Eden "publish on Steam" board? Usually you have both choices: new or update one.

21 hours ago, pierremgi said:

Are you sure you don't have your mission listed in Eden "publish on Steam" board? Usually you have both choices: new or update one.

Thanks for the response, tomorrow once I wake up from work I will make a short recording to show what I am looking at and post it. Should help clarify.

Hopefully this helps people point out what I am doing wrong.

Hrm, this is still an issue I can't figure out.

If anyone has any ideas please feel free to PM or post here - I won't bump this thread again.

I think until this issue gets resolved people should not be uploading missions on steam that they intend to update.

19 minutes ago, genesis92x said:

Hrm, this is still an issue I can't figure out.

If anyone has any ideas please feel free to PM or post here - I won't bump this thread again.

I think until this issue gets resolved people should not be uploading missions on steam that they intend to update.

I watched the video.  Usually If your going to update, U would open the scenario..complete your edit.. And key Radio "publish to Steam Workshop" in the drop down.(scenario box that u had open).  Then the dialogue would poop up that u had and instead of MB cintent,, U could see your listed scenario..and an "Overwrite" option is available.  But u r doing it differently.

12 hours ago, dvdbrewster said:

I watched the video.  Usually If your going to update, U would open the scenario..complete your edit.. And key Radio "publish to Steam Workshop" in the drop down.(scenario box that u had open).  Then the dialogue would poop up that u had and instead of MB cintent,, U could see your listed scenario..and an "Overwrite" option is available.  But u r doing it differently.

I'm not sure I am following you exactly.

I have tried saving the mission as a SP mission instead and seeing if that will work. I released a "private" mission and will check back in a few days and see if the mission has dissapeared off my list again.

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 12:47 AM, genesis92x said:

I'm not sure I am following you exactly.

I have tried saving the mission as a SP mission instead and seeing if that will work. I released a "private" mission and will check back in a few days and see if the mission has dissapeared off my list again.

Well, if you did it like in the video with publish""  , that would necessitate renaming.right?  So with the new edit open in eden, u should overwrite via the publish to steam option.