On 6/19/2019 at 2:04 AM, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Hello there Viper 2017 and welcome to Bis Forums !

are you using the playSound3D or something different ?

Have you checked also the example by @Jacmac ?

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/playSound3D

I'm using a custom sound from youtube converted to ogg then defined cfgSounds by the description.ext and put in the "sounds" folder, then replaced your sound with this in your Init.sqf

[playSound3D ['\sounds\Siren.ogg',_car]] call BIS_fnc_MP;

Description.ext
class CfgSounds
{
 sounds[] = {};
 class Siren
 {
  name = "Siren";
  sound[] = {"\sounds\Siren.ogg", 1 1};
  titles[] = {0,""};
 };
};

• Like 1

@Viper 2017 A sound has to be something like this:

class wolf1 

{ 

// how the sound is referred to in the editor (e.g. trigger effects) 
name = "my_wolf_sound"; 

// filename, volume, pitch, distance (optional) 
sound[] = { "fx\wolf1.ogg", 1, 1, 100 }; 

// subtitle delay in seconds, subtitle text 
titles[] = { 0, "" }; 

};

There is a comma missing in yours ^^^

Also is it that the sound does not play or that it plays in too low a volume? You can define it as music and not as sound so as to check if it works. Then you can just call it from a trigger. Just to check if the audio file plays.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Viper 2017 said:

[playSound3D ['\sounds\Siren.ogg',_car]] call BIS_fnc_MP;

You can use the playSound3D  or the say3D better , because if you check better in the provided examples how to use playSound3D  with a custom sound , then propably it's not correct how you are using this.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/playSound3D

Spoiler

Posted on October 16, 2013 - 08:21 (UTC)

Jacmac

You need to get the correct path for custom mission sounds. Use missionConfigFile with BIS_fnc_trimString (to trim off "description.ext"), then add your mission's sound directory and sound file: _soundPath = [(str missionConfigFile), 0, -15] call BIS_fnc_trimString; _soundToPlay = _soundPath + "sounds\some_sound_file.ogg"; playSound3D [_soundToPlay, _sourceObject, false, getPos _sourceObject, 10, 1, 50]; //Volume db+10, volume drops off to 0 at 50 meters from _sourceObject

Spoiler

Killzone_Kid

This command works well with addon sounds, however getting it to play mission sound files is a bit tricky. Follow this guide

http://killzonekid.com/arma-scripting-tutorials-mission-root/

also BIS_fnc_MP  is outdated as well and replaced with remoteexec

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/remoteExec

I have probably used also BIS_fnc_MP right ?

Give it a try and if you can't , i will fix this for you.    :f:

• Like 1

On 7/2/2019 at 9:42 AM, JohnKalo said:

@Viper 2017 A sound has to be something like this:

class wolf1 

{ 

// how the sound is referred to in the editor (e.g. trigger effects) 
name = "my_wolf_sound"; 

// filename, volume, pitch, distance (optional) 
sound[] = { "fx\wolf1.ogg", 1, 1, 100 }; 

// subtitle delay in seconds, subtitle text 
titles[] = { 0, "" }; 

};

There is a comma missing in yours ^^^

Also is it that the sound does not play or that it plays in too low a volume? You can define it as music and not as sound so as to check if it works. Then you can just call it from a trigger. Just to check if the audio file plays.

So I've fixed that error, nothing changed in the siren part itself. I've set it to music to check to see if the sound does work; It does. I'm working on the Killzone_Kid deal but I'm not that adept at this so it's taking time and a lot of debugging. Visual basics class was uhhh my mess around class.

• Like 2

On 7/3/2019 at 2:22 PM, Viper 2017 said:

So I've fixed that error, nothing changed in the siren part itself. I've set it to music to check to see if the sound does work; It does. I'm working on the Killzone_Kid deal but I'm not that adept at this so it's taking time and a lot of debugging. Visual basics class was uhhh my mess around class.

No luck so far, was trying to convert it to a .wss but Arma3 tools lagged out.

• Like 1

@GEORGE FLOROS GR Sadly got to report that the sounds do not work here either. Since nothing worked for @Viper 2017 I tried it myself and although the sound as a sound works when called from a trigger it does not work for the script. Actually even if I call a sound that does not exist via the [playSound3D ["\sound\siren.ogg",_car]] call BIS_fnc_MP; it does not report an error. It just does not play anything. Weird things.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2019 at 3:15 AM, Viper 2017 said:

No luck so far,

On 7/7/2019 at 7:09 PM, JohnKalo said:

Actually even if I call a sound that does not exist via the [playSound3D ["\sound\siren.ogg",_car]] call BIS_fnc_MP; it does not report an error. It just does not play anything. Weird things.

Hello there Guys !

Sorry but i was away !

If i understand you haven't use properly the given example about the path to play a sound with the playsound3d command.

You can also use say3d if you can't work with the playsound3d .

I will be waiting to tell me if you succeeded with , if not in order to help you with !

• Thanks 1

No worries! Hope it was for vacations!!

Did not try with say3D to be honest. Is it true however that playSound3D only works with game audio and not with added custom audio files? That might be why it does not work!

Also will not try the other method soon. Taking a short break from Arma because the last Campaign mission took too long to be created and kinda wrecked me apart. Even if it hadn't I am waiting to see what the Contact DLC will offer as assets so...

• Like 1

On 7/14/2019 at 1:35 PM, JohnKalo said:

Is it true however that playSound3D only works with game audio and not with added custom audio files?

It's working with the custom files from a mission or a mod , but it's a little bit tricky  , you just need to follow as said the given example.

• Thanks 1