Connor.

Password Keychain for Arma 3

Plug-n-play mod that remembers passwords for servers you've joined.

SteamWS: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1498586879

Github: https://github.com/ConnorAU/A3Keychain

Discord: https://discord.gg/DMkxetD

I looked around for a mod like this but couldn't find anything. I don't know if I'm searching wrong but it keeps coming up empty or filled with posts about server hosting issues.

I made this on request so I guess the requester couldn't find anything either.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

This is excellent. I asked BI for this years ago, but clearly, nothing came of it.

Can we get a bikey for servers that run sig checking?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tankbuster said:

This is excellent. I asked BI for this years ago, but clearly, nothing came of it.

Can we get a bikey for servers that run sig checking?

There is a bikey in the workshop download

VqKLpBX.png

• Thanks 1

Oh, cool. I didn't look there, I went straight to your GH and there isn't one there. Thanks mate.

If this isn't widely adopted, there's something very wrong with the world.

I'll add it to the github release as well incase anyone else goes looking there :rthumb:

• Like 1

Really cool, mate congrats! 

Any by chance we can get the option to view all our saved passwords, remove passwords etc etc? 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Flinty said:

Really cool, mate congrats! 

Any by chance we can get the option to view all our saved passwords, remove passwords etc etc? 

That... is a good idea. I'll get onto it.

• Like 1

v1.1 Update:

Added password management UI

Spoiler

py3QKsH.png9JmVeep.png

• Like 2

@Connor. good idea and neat implementation :icon14:

can you clarify/set the license please:

like is it allowed to be integrated into large/total conversion mods (to avoid adding dependency on workshop)

thanks again for your work!

13 minutes ago, .kju said:

@Connor. good idea and neat implementation :icon14:

can you clarify/set the license please:

like is it allowed to be integrated into large/total conversion mods (to avoid adding dependency on workshop)

thanks again for your work!

I've added the license to the release and workshop files, you can find it online here: https://github.com/ConnorAU/A3Keychain/blob/master/LICENSE

I don't mind it being integrated into other mods as long as it remains credited me.

Obviously it is preferable for players to be subbed on the workshop but I think this is complete with the addition of the password manager so you wouldn't be missing out on important updates.

• Thanks 1

thanks a lot mate!

PS: Just to give it a bit of context - I am a big proponent of modularity for many reasons, thus workshop dependencies and collections.

At the same time after trying it with IFA3 we had to determine that neither the official nor the unofficial tools (launchers, server browsers, etc) are there yet

to provide a simple, robust, working environment for the average guy and we had to resort to an All-In-One version as the main distribution.

Also to far less degree play into more complexity for servers admins (key management) and risk of issues after mod update when having many independent components.

Again to me personally they still manageable, yet for a public play target audience it is at least something to consider.

• Like 1

I can't make this work. It never remembers my password and the password manager screen is empty.

Does the mod need to run on the server, or is it just a client side mod, because I've tried both.

I've tried to do it as in your YT video, the only difference is that when I've joined the server and am in the lobby, I am automatically put into a player slot. I quit back to the server browser and when I rejoin, the password field is empty. Also, the password manager from the main menu options menu is empty. I see the UI, but it's not populated. Don't know if it's relevant, but the return button on that screen does nothing. Escape does take me back to the game main menu though.

In your video, why do you join the server the first time by direct connect? Is that essential part of the procedure?

6 hours ago, Tankbuster said:

I can't make this work. It never remembers my password and the password manager screen is empty.

Does the mod need to run on the server, or is it just a client side mod, because I've tried both.

I've tried to do it as in your YT video, the only difference is that when I've joined the server and am in the lobby, I am automatically put into a player slot. I quit back to the server browser and when I rejoin, the password field is empty. Also, the password manager from the main menu options menu is empty. I see the UI, but it's not populated. Don't know if it's relevant, but the return button on that screen does nothing. Escape does take me back to the game main menu though.

In your video, why do you join the server the first time by direct connect? Is that essential part of the procedure?

It only needs to run on the client. The direct connect was so I joined the same local server, it isn't essential.

Were you using any other mods when you tried this, if so which ones?

Also could you load into the editor, click tools -> functions viewer and just check these exist and are not empty.

nqnukOM.png

16 hours ago, Tankbuster said:

Hey Tankbuster,
are you possibly launching the game with -world=empty? If yes, that is why it is not working. To work you need to have a World loaded. (since I want to use Keychain I load with -world=VR).
This is a bit annoying but I know that the same happens with CBA's Addon Options/Controls. 

Hope that helps you
Many Greetings
Moony

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 04/09/2018 at 11:57 AM, Moon_chilD said:

Hey Tankbuster,
are you possibly launching the game with -world=empty? If yes, that is why it is not working. To work you need to have a World loaded. (since I want to use Keychain I load with -world=VR).
This is a bit annoying but I know that the same happens with CBA's Addon Options/Controls. 

Hope that helps you
Many Greetings
Moony

Yes, confirmed. It was an empty world. Thanks, Moony - and good to see you're still about and active!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This mod stopped working for me since game version 2. 😞

23 minutes ago, Tankbuster said:

This mod stopped working for me since game version 2. 😞

It is entirely possible it was because i privated it on steam. Have just tested it works and set it public again, didn't think anyone used it tbh because CBA added their own a couple of weeks after I released this.

• Thanks 1

Ah, right. I don't use CBA, so I'd like to keep using yours. 🙂

• Like 1

Yes, confirmed working again. Thanks mate. 🙂

• Like 1

Update:

• Fixed not working with -world=empty
  • Fixed not working after joining a server (no longer kicks back to main menu as a workaround)
  • Modified some strings to use a3 stringtable references
  • Minor script optimizations
  • Thanks 1