Sign in to follow this  
Sniperturtle

AI commander as passenger not issuing waypoint orders

Hi,

so i recently un-pbo-ed the original 1985 (CWA) campaign and attempted to port it over to ArmA3 with CUP units. After replacing all units in the mission.sqm files with their respective CUP or BIS counterparts i loaded the mission files up in Eden and everything looks good in there. But now comes the weird part:

In the second mission i have the squad commander (AI) sitting as passenger in a truck with the squad, a squad member (also AI) is at the wheel. The waypoint is set 800m away and when the mission start nothing happens. Everybody is just sitting there, the scripts are firing correctly and the scripted conversation is actually running as supposed to.

To find the mistake i actually took out the entire squad from the truck and that made them move towards the waypoint on foot. Placing the squad back in the truck and moving the leader to the wheel also caused the truck drive there normally. Using the original driver will cause one unit to disembark while the truck continues towards the waypoint - this only works if i took out and placed back the entire squad in the truck again.

The mission starts with enableRadio = false, which switches back true after the script has ran through.

Now while this might easily be avoided by simply placing the squad leader at the wheel it annoys me because it changes the original state of the mission, and it leaves plenty room for error with other AI commandeered vehicles unless i find out the EXACT reason why the game malfunctions this way in this situation.

So, any suggestions and ideas or even actual knowledge would be much appreciated.