4 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

hola!

i run the random quest reward selection .sqf along with the mission completion code, e.g. where i change the task status to complete after all requirements have been met.this wa, anytime you complete a task, you get a reward. i hope this answers the question?:)

So, just to clarify, you call the reward selection after every time this is used?

["1_1_Eliminate_Spy", "SUCCEEDED",true] spawn BIS_fnc_taskSetState;

1 hour ago, socs said:

So, just to clarify, you call the reward selection after every time this is used?

["1_1_Eliminate_Spy", "SUCCEEDED",true] spawn BIS_fnc_taskSetState;

you could add it right after this indeed: e.g. ..._taskSetState; excecVM "selectrandomreward.sqf";

i do it similarly with my own task completion bit of the code.

5 hours ago, Casio91Fin said:

coming soon

TIP: #Just to know it's against rules in the forum to ask for dates of updating , :tempt:

But i will update this very soon !

I have almost finish , but i paused in order to update the included GF Police and Siren Script

because the next missions are also including the current.

So i'm almost done also with this, i need to do some small stuff more :

Some pics :

MulkxKKCRPGhI4qteZ8xCQ.png

waSEafF-RFSChdCYz6LtIA.png

0I6pTn6HScGnMmV0nbQuEw.png

q8H22g0wSeWfvZDEhVhBZQ.png

673BavZtTSimBtVmlZGePQ.png

N8QLm2J0Q9CFiP14IOHewg.png

and soon i will update the GF Missions !

Hung on !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/9/2018 at 9:21 AM, Casio91Fin said:

- 1 Eliminate Spy (This could add a time when the task fails).

On 19/9/2018 at 4:12 PM, Jnr4817 said:

destroy enemy convoy

Hello there to Everyone !

I paused this a little bit in order to update the GF_Police_and_Siren script , because it was needed and

publish the loadout scripts - mods  , because as i was editing this , it was needed some part of the code also for the missions !

The progress so far :

Generally , i tried to clean it a little bit !

• addded a time out option
  • the missions that must be spawn in Residential Area , will now be spawned
  • the mission will be generated in a random position , but this position will be checked if is ideal.
  • added a file for spawn addactions
  • added a file for  change the arrays for the spawn units , Dac and none
  • added the new GF_Set_Custom_Loadout script, which is modified for this purpose
  • updated the included GF_Police_and_Siren script , because it was needed
  • the missions are stil going and have reach 30 right now , thanks to the ideas of the script followers, thanks !
  • a lot of changes and fixes !

So i'm doing some more stuff and this is going to be update very soon !

Thanks very much everyone !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

You’re a beast. Thanks homie for the hard work. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/10/2018 at 6:51 PM, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Hello there to Everyone !

So i'm doing some more stuff and this is going to be update very soon !

Thanks very much everyone !

We should be thanking you my friend! Your work is amazing.

I have a question and a suggestion:

1) Suggestion: Could it be possible to add a optional "Attach Marker to Objective Units" or similar so that in missions where you have too kill ALL enemy units we don't have to search for hours to complete the mission. The ai can wander very far off the main marker you know.

2) Question: I was trying to add these markers myself, so I edited the ELIMINATE SUSPECTS mission and so I added after line 152:

Spoiler

{
_marker = createMarker [str _x, getpos _x]; _marker setMarkerShape "ICON"; _marker setMarkerType "mil_arrow"; _marker setMarkerColor "ColorRed"; _marker setMarkerDir 90; _marker setMarkerText "Suspect.";
while {alive _x} do
  {
  _marker setmarkerpos getpos _x;
  sleep 10;
  };

deletemarker _marker;
deletevehicle _marker;
} forEach units _Group_Overwatch;

{
_marker2 = createMarker [str _x, getpos _x]; _marker2 setMarkerShape "ICON"; _marker2 setMarkerType "mil_arrow"; _marker2 setMarkerColor "ColorRed"; _marker2 setMarkerDir 90; _marker2 setMarkerText "Suspect.";
while {alive _x} do
  {
  _marker2 setmarkerpos getpos _x;
  sleep 10;
  };

deletemarker _marker2;
deletevehicle _marker2;
} forEach units _Group_Patrol;

It is supposed to add a marker on each unit for both these enemy groups, update those markers every 10 seconds and then delete themselves when the units are dead. 

But sadly all it does right now is breaking the mission so it no longer works. =(

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LSValmont said:

thanking

Hello there LSValmont !

I see also that this is your first post !

Welcome to BIS Forums !

Thank you very much for your words !

Generally i had start to script this missions , in order to be able to have a every mission  as a standalone script.

This is not that good right now , since there is a large number of missions.

So right now i 'm deleting everything that is not needed and actually that's pretty much stuff !

There were a lot of code that was included in every script.

For the markers that you told me , it's a good idea to have also this option and it should be also for debug purpose.

I will try to do this as well ( i don't know if it is going to be in this update though ! , i'll try ! )

The size of the area can be adjusted in the mission_init.sqf

GF_Missions_DAC_Area_Spawn_Meters 		= (random(350)+350);	//	The size of the area

and i will add also an option for the patrol distance of the NON Dac spawned enemies.

32 minutes ago, LSValmont said:

to add these markers

I will check this and tell you !

TIP: when you are writing down codes ,it's good to se the code button <> and maybe use the spoiler if it's too much !

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

I see also that this is your first post !

Welcome to BIS Forums !

Yes sir, I did the whole account thingy to post here on your topic. I use 90% of your scripts in my Ravage server to it was only logical to come by and say thanks while suggesting some stuff ;)

Generally i had start to script this missions , in order to be able to have a every mission  as a standalone script.

This is not that good right now , since there is a large number of missions.

So right now i 'm deleting everything that is not needed and actually that's pretty much stuff !

There were a lot of code that was included in every script.

Whatever uses less CPU is a godsend for Arma 3. My server is running at 40FPS with all your scripts but in arma every single frame is a HUGE gain! I did had some stutters with the large missions when I was getting closer and lasted for a minute before it was all normal again.

For the markers that you told me , it's a good idea to have also this option and it should be also for debug purpose.

I will try to do this as well ( i don't know if it is going to be in this update though ! , i'll try ! )

The size of the area can be adjusted in the mission_init.sqf

TIP: when you are writing down codes ,it's good to se the code button <> and maybe use the spoiler if it's too much !

That is great to know! Thanks! Yes also for Debugging it would be awesome!

Fixed! Will do that from now on, thanks!

One last suggestion before I go.

What do you think about doing "Optional Objectives" for some of the bigger missions? Here is the whole Idea:

Example: The script gives you the "Destroy Weapons Cache" mission. Additionally it gives you and optional objective: "Retrieve the explosive devices". 

Basically the Optional Objective is a mini mission that is easier than the current main mission but will give you an advantage for the main mission. In this case it would be to get satchel charges that are otherwise very hard to find in Ravage. That way if that mission comes up, players can do the side quest first instead of grinding for some explosive for hours.

Note: Side/Optional objectives should always be a lot easier than the main one but the reward is also pretty low (Making the main mission slightly easier).

I can think of many Optional Objectives like: 

1) Destroy the fuel tank to reduce the enemy vehicles' fuel in the main mission. (If !alive fuel_tank then _vehicle setFuel 0.2;) great for convoy main missions. 

2) Find the informant. (He has intel about the enemy units but is being held hostage by other forces). Freeing him will reduce the ammo of all enemies on the main mission.

3) Hire Mercenary Gang. Basically this side mission is just a band of mercenaries that appear close to the main mission and you can bribe their leader to help you out for insane amounts of money. (500 banknotes?). As soon as you paid them they will not join your group but will attack the main mission site to reduce the enemy presence. The mercenaries should be ill equipped and be fewer in numbers than the main mission OP forces but act as a distraction for you.

Note 2: Only missions that require special items and/or present a greater difficulty should have complementary Optional Objectives.

Perhaps it is kinda too much specially considering how many missions you are doing already but I think these could be the cherry on the cake for those 3 or 4 huge missions out there in your pack. 

Cheers and keep up!

• Thanks 1

Thank you very much and i must admit that all your suggestions are Great !

I stopped today to create a debug marker as you said before and i will send this to you in a message , since you told me and this will be as well in the next update.

I will see what i can do for the missions , because there is a lot of editing still in order to make these fixes , that i told you above !

These missions have edited for a general use , but it's prety simple to use them to any kind of gameplay , if you change the number of the enemies first of all and make further selections inside the scripts.

One major change is that the scripts for the spawned enemies will allow everyone to select from an array for the classnames for ex: RHS units , vehicles , etc

and also options for changing their loadouts , with the new created GF Set Custom Loadout Script.

by the way this is going to update  also , to include some more options,

Thanks again LSValmont !

• Like 2

Ok so I found out  you were using this command alot for your missions:

_Overwatch_Pos = [(_Group_Pos)] call BIS_fnc_findOverwatch;

The problem is that its default values are 500 for the max distance and 100 for min distance and 50 for difference in height compared to the _Group_Pos.

So it ended up sending the Ai very very far away from the mission point.

I suggest you use something along these lines instead:

_Overwatch_Pos = [(_Group_Pos),150,50,15] call BIS_fnc_findOverwatch;

150 is the max distance they will wander from the defend position.

50 is the min.

15 is the min height advantage they will seek but could be a lot more depending on the max/min values.

I will keep posting suggestions ;)

• Like 2

On 12/10/2018 at 3:08 PM, LSValmont said:

I will keep posting suggestions ;)

Thank you very much  LSValmont !

This game and community is based on sharing information !

Everything is welcome !       :thumb:

• Like 1

I have added your new method on finding the mission position and it is much much better than the previous one.

May I suggest doing mission positioning not based on a single script parameters but changing those parameters depending on each particular mission. Favoring for example:

Set parameters 1) Rural areas, flat locations, not close to roads and/or towns. (For enemy camps, bunkers, secret facilities, any mission that requires placing buildings etc., Like Hidden Vehicle, Destroy the Fuel Tank, Clear the bunker etc.)

Set parameters 2) Forests, can be hills or flat, not close to roads and/or towns. (For missions that don't require moving vehicles and/or buildings and only units/crates, like find the hidden cache, retrieve the cargo drop, find the prisoners, kill the spy, eliminate the snipers).

Set parameters 3) Rural areas, Near Roads, Flat locations. (For missions that require moving vehicles and/or placing buildings) Makes no sense having vehicles too far away from roads. 

Set parameters 4) Near/inside towns, flat locations. (Missions that are supposed to happen in/near urban areas, with units and/or vehicles but no building placements so they don't get clipped with buildings from the town)

With these custom set of parameters for each mission we will stop getting vehicles at the top of empty hills (how and why did they got there?) as well as buildings that do not look out of place or are funny looking etc. Also lots of diversity. With the previours method I was getting missions in the middle of nowhere with vehicles exploding because of the slope or buildings having odd gaps etc. Your new method is better but still all the missions happen on empty flat locations and none in forests and/or inside towns. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LSValmont said:

Set parameters

This is already in the next update !

I was away for a while so now i'll try to hurry up a little bit more with this.Generally there is a lot of work made with many changes !

Thanks for the suggestions though LSValmont !

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

This is already in the next update !

I was away for a while so now i'll try to hurry up a little bit more with this.Generally there is a lot of work made with many changes !

Thanks for the suggestions though LSValmont !

I can't wait! Once you release them I will work on their Lore/Description so the story is even better for the next release! You just focus on the technical aspects and I will take care of the cosmetic details =)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LSValmont said:

I will take care of the cosmetic details =)

I must say that , your points and suggestions are very good  !

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Here is a pic testing  on finding a position , with the GF Units Map Markers and Symbols Script configured for debug purpose.

Loving it! The previous one favored places in the middle of the map too far away from anything. The cluster on the top right might be worth checking out. It is giving you so many possible locations there that maybe a very high percentage of missions end up happening just there. Perhaps tweak the parameters a little to spread that part a little bit more. Of course we could just blacklist places like that anyways.

A suggestion would be that each mission can have its own set of parameters to call from the main "Find Locations Function/Script" so we can customize each mission a little bit more.

Anyways, your are a magician! I am enjoying watching you do your magic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I cannot wait. Any thought to adding all of your scripts to the mission script and having an easy way to disable or remove what we do not want. I can think of 6 I would add immediately?

Thanks for the hard work.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, LSValmont said:

A suggestion would be that each mission can have its own set of parameters to call from the main "Find Locations Function/Script" so we can customize each mission a little bit more.

I' will try to do this as well !

3 hours ago, Jnr4817 said:

I cannot wait.

To be honest i was about to update this sooner , but i realized that i want to make more changes , so right now it will be a completly reworked script , not just a small update.I have tried everything to be more simple , more configurable and more clear.

This means , that it will be easy to change the whole missions enemy fanctions like :

to use ex: CUP or  RHS units ,

and the spawns of the enemies will be just ex:

[] spawn GF_Missions_Spawn_Infantry_Patrol;

As for adding more scripts in , i have already include some stuff and an idea is to create an extra standalone script with the whole compilation , with options as you mentioned.

Basically i'm rushing to finish this !

Many changes !

hUZAKkBASHyaWOySYjpoLg.jpg

Thank you very much Guys !

• Like 4

Just my thoughts, any scope for some additional recon type missions (with these I have UNUNG Vietnam/Cross Border recon in mind):

• Observation along supply routes to monitor convoy movements - destroy targets of opportunity with support.
  • Recon area for enemy activity to locate unknown installations and supply routes - destroy targets of opportunity with support- truck parks, ammo dumps, radio posts
  • Placement of ground sensors along supply routes.
  • Wire tapping of suspected communications lines.
  • Rescue of downed aircrew (crashed jet with unconscious/injured pilot(s) somewhere in area - not right next to the crashed aircraft, with parachute up in the trees).
  • Constant secondary objectives - such as capture of enemy personal (detain capability if you manage to sneak up on any enemy solider on the map), mining or placing sensors along discovered trails/supply routes etc

• Thanks 1

On 10/14/2018 at 7:57 PM, LSValmont said:

I have added your new method on finding the mission position and it is much much better than the previous one.

May I suggest doing mission positioning not based on a single script parameters but changing those parameters depending on each particular mission. Favoring for example:

Set parameters 1) Rural areas, flat locations, not close to roads and/or towns. (For enemy camps, bunkers, secret facilities, any mission that requires placing buildings etc., Like Hidden Vehicle, Destroy the Fuel Tank, Clear the bunker etc.)

Set parameters 2) Forests, can be hills or flat, not close to roads and/or towns. (For missions that don't require moving vehicles and/or buildings and only units/crates, like find the hidden cache, retrieve the cargo drop, find the prisoners, kill the spy, eliminate the snipers).

Set parameters 3) Rural areas, Near Roads, Flat locations. (For missions that require moving vehicles and/or placing buildings) Makes no sense having vehicles too far away from roads. 

Set parameters 4) Near/inside towns, flat locations. (Missions that are supposed to happen in/near urban areas, with units and/or vehicles but no building placements so they don't get clipped with buildings from the town)

With these custom set of parameters for each mission we will stop getting vehicles at the top of empty hills (how and why did they got there?) as well as buildings that do not look out of place or are funny looking etc. Also lots of diversity. With the previours method I was getting missions in the middle of nowhere with vehicles exploding because of the slope or buildings having odd gaps etc. Your new method is better but still all the missions happen on empty flat locations and none in forests and/or inside towns. 

It's also important to identify water positions.  As you already know am sure.  But a parameter to be on water vs not would be nice. 

But also to choose which type of town based on number of houses / buildings per se.  Like 10 or less, 20 or less and greater then 20.  These would help ID low vs high value areas.  You can include area types like factory, military, mining, docks, airfield and other to filter.

May be one based on elevation, lower vs higher, 

Just thinking out loud.  Am sure more will come.  Not sure you want / need more to write.  But seeing what sticks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

another thing to consider is although having the mission spawn completely random and also have the option to spawn on or near a editor placed marker.

not sure how in depth you plan on going with mission parameters.

• Like 1

On 22/11/2018 at 6:32 PM, jandrews said:

filter.

On 25/11/2018 at 7:53 PM, jandrews said:

parameters.

As i wrote above everything in this script is totally reworked and there will be more options available and it will be way more easier to create also a mission with the available scripts.

I will try to update this today or tommorow , because from tuesday i will have to move to the hospital for a serious problem so i don't really know when i will be back here.

There are a lot of changes in this script and because it is a lot of scripting , it is possible to have errors as well !

but i hope that there will not be!

So i will try for tonight to get this done.

There is much to discuss about the changes , but it's better to carry on and finish this !

The last that i will say , is that for these guys who have check or play this , everything is different now and i could say that is worth to check this again !

Thanks everyone for the support !

On 22/11/2018 at 3:32 AM, pappagoat said:

Just my thoughts

PS: thanks pappagoat for the ideas !

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

As i wrote above everything in this script is totally reworked and there will be more options available and it will be way more easier to create also a mission with the available scripts.

I will try to update this today or tommorow , because from tuesday i will have to move to the hospital for a serious problem so i don't really know when i will be back here.

There are a lot of changes in this script and because it is a lot of scripting , it is possible to have errors as well !

but i hope that there will not be!

So i will try for tonight to get this done.

There is much to discuss about the changes , but it's better to carry on and finish this !

The last that i will say , is that for these guys who have check or play this , everything is different know and i could say that is worth to check this again !

Thanks everyone for the support !

PS: thanks pappagoat for the ideas !

Hey thanks for everything  you do.  Good luck luck with your health.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1