ah cool i saw  this mentioned in a thread somewhere and had to check it out. Its looking ace, especially with the sullen skies. Theres a lack of.. well even UK style maps so this will be very welcome for many i think. Plus, maybe if i play this enough i won't get lost next time i go to glasgow irl ;)

and for once i can play Opfor, as invading Aberdeen casuals. ;)

On 9/14/2018 at 1:07 AM, Spatsiba said:

I remember someone made an irish/scottish/welsh (can't remember which pls don't lynch me) terrain in ArmA 2 that was about 5x5km with loads of hedges around the roads

oh yeah that was Bushlurker's Carraigdubh Terrain (Ireland) by bushlurker and Savage_Donkey, i fekin loved that map, did try to get it working in arma 3 back in the days of AllInArma but it never worked :(

Edited by lordfrith
corrected name
  • Like 4

On 2018-09-16 at 1:39 PM, lordfrith said:

ah cool i saw  this mentioned in a thread somewhere and had to check it out. Its looking ace, especially with the sullen skies. Theres a lack of.. well even UK style maps so this will be very welcome for many i think. Plus, maybe if i play this enough i won't get lost next time i go to glasgow irl ;)

and for once i can play Opfor, as invading Aberdeen casuals. ;)

oh yeah that was Bushlurker's Carraigdubh Terrain (Ireland) by bushlurker and Savage_Donkey, i fekin loved that map, did try to get it working in arma 3 back in the days of AllInArma but it never worked :(

That's the one! 

Would love to see less war torn maps and more "default" style ones. Especially if they're more realistic and less adapted to the game. 

• Like 2

How have I only just come accross this!. Looks amazing. 

Keep it up we need this!! Ive always wanted to visit Glasgow and now I can ;) 

• Like 2

I'm not sure if I'll get the forum police on me for asking but will there be a "light" version with only (I'm assuming) cup core dependancy or will everyone have to download the brazilian navy mods etc? 

28 minutes ago, Spatsiba said:

I'm not sure if I'll get the forum police on me for asking but will there be a "light" version with only (I'm assuming) cup core dependancy or will everyone have to download the brazilian navy mods etc? 

Yeah, we'll make it as light as possible. We're hoping to take this a bit further than what we've invisioned at the moment. (Will update those details once we have something to report) Cup core will be a dependency and poolpunk fences mod, as it covers a lot of what we need to give it a UK feel. But we will strive to keep it as easy to use as we can and not have a mile long mod dependency list.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, section 20 said:

Yeah, we'll make it as light as possible. We're hoping to take this a bit further than what we've invisioned at the moment. (Will update those details once we have something to report) Cup core will be a dependency and poolpunk fences mod, as it covers a lot of what we need to give it a UK feel. But we will strive to keep it as easy to use as we can and not have a mile long mod dependency list.

I'm pretty sure you might be able to get permission to include poolpunks mod as well if that's soemthing you'd want. I've seen it inside of other map packs before. Not 100% sure if it was with his knowledge though. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looking awesome! Sure is ambitious to make a whole real world city, particularly in this region - I'm working on a terrain based on a section of Essex and that's hard enough...

I see you've chosen some of the same 'sort of British' 3D models as I have, let me know if you want to trade ideas. I've made some pretty good terrace housing rows and pelican crossings...

• Like 2

On 14/09/2018 at 8:59 PM, Spatsiba said:

Let's leave that for mission makers ;) Maybe an optional pbo with extra bad custom weather? lol

To get it right for Glasgow you'd have to make a PBO which simulates it being 6 degrees C, but your soldiers still ending up soaked with sweat from just walking around because there's 99% humidity. 

• Like 1

@Spatsiba I'll add 2 versions one with and one without Brazilian armed forces, I know how it can be with having too many mod dependancy's and yes all permissions will be sought once we finalise the mod list before any release including private testing.

@Breaker12312 Sorry not at the moment and good job on the (W.I.P) UK Map you are making.

@jacknorrisukThanks, we are still not sure how big and workable things will be, performance playing the map is the key. I've been watching the work you do on Woe Betide, UK its great and those double yellow lines are bang on the money I'm always open to sharing ideas so thanks for the offer.

@Thumperdevine lol yes this is so true regardless of the weather you will find people walking about in shorts even if its a full blown storm including myself because of the fantastic tropical humidity in the Glasgow area.

• Like 6

On 9/15/2018 at 11:21 AM, thebuckfastwine said:

@laxemannlol I sure hope it was Jeff from accounting at NASA who liked and then removed the like on Twitter. I did manage to screen grab the like they gave.

@Zippy91 @Spatsiba practice those Scottish accents lol

@road runner Thanks, Oban is a lovely part of the country indeed and yes Glasgow is cold and wet 99% of the time I can feel winter in my bones already.

@EO i can never give the @EO to link right lol, I've been thinking hard about those cranes at the docks and have decided to add them back in for now

Now onto some quick picture of Welcome to Glasgow With EO'S excellent Sullen skies and rain, will post more rainy sullen skies days soon.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/964223454749973917/BE26D9238BFD0D1BF6350C465EEC1CB5260CE7B9/

@thebuckfastwine What ship is in that pic? Not the Brazilian one the civi tanker. 

Pic snipped for space.