Leopard20

How to find a unit's combat mode in player's squad

Hey guys.

Does anyone know how to find a unit's combat mode in the player's squad?

The command "combatMode" doesn't work, neither for a single unit nor the entire group.

Any help would be appreciated!

Huh, combatMode seems to return only the mode that they are set to via editor or script. If I order AI to a new combat mode, it returns the "default."

• Like 2

Yep, combatMode seems to work as a getter of setCombatMode only. A simple "hold fire" order doesn't change this mode.

On the other hand, behaviour (the command) is OK and returns the actual state ("stealth","combat"...).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@pierremgi

The problem is that it doesn't work with "setCombatMode" either! (I make my unit join another squad, set that group's combat mode to, e.g. "blue", then join him back)

@Harzach

BTW, for me "combatMode" always returns "YELLOW", not "Default". Am I doing something wrong?!

48 minutes ago, Leopard20 said:

@pierremgi

The problem is that it doesn't work with "setCombatMode" either! (I make my unit join another squad, set that group's combat mode to, e.g. "blue", then join him back)

@Harzach

BTW, for me "combatMode" always returns "YELLOW", not "Default". Am I doing something wrong?!

Strange! If I setCombatmode in console, I obtain the true combat mode in watch line...

10 hours ago, Leopard20 said:

@pierremgi

@Harzach

9 hours ago, pierremgi said:

Strange! If I setCombatmode in console, I obtain the true combat mode in watch line...

Same, that's what I meant by "default" - the mode set in editor/by script command. If I place a group in editor, changing nothing, combatMode returns "YELLOW." If I set them to any other mode in the editor or by script command, it will return that mode.

• Thanks 1