Michael24

Servers/ Groups for new player

Hello everyone, 

I am kinda new to the game and I've only played the game with single player missions. I am planning to get into the multiplayer aspect of the game (in particular, operating a tank with other players!).

What are some of the servers/ groups that are newbie friendly (I have no multiplayer experience in Arma 3) and also non-competitive ?

I can use mic in game and I have slack/discord, time zone is GMT+1. 

Thanks a lot. 

The only possibility might be Zeus mode. You will be facing mostly just AI and a tank is trivial to acquire - provided the zeus thinks it's a good idea. The level of skill and communication of the rest of the crew can be an issue, too.

Zeus experience is very variable because you're basically looking at unorganized groups of random people. Some people know how to make the best of it. But your range is from guys in rubber suits teamkilling each other while the zeus tries to figure out how to play basket ball with mortars to casual milsim with combined arms and low entry requirements.

It's still a great game mode and it's accessible to new players. Tell the zeus you're new and would like to try out some armor action (a marshall or a rhino could be great at the beginning) and if you're lucky you might have an ear.

And of course don't overlook infantry. It's a combined arms game - infantry and armor elements are always supporting and opposing each other.

If you want to get into multiplayer I would advise you download teamspeak. This still is the main hub of most established communities.

When connecting to a new server the first thing you should ask for is their teamspeak address and then join it.

That alone will have a positive effect on your experience and the admins and players established within that community are more likely to warm to you and help you.

The worst thing a new player can do is come onto our servers, not even attempt to communicate, not respond to requests to communicate and have no clue what to do because they don't ask.....  This then  leads to an admin having to kick them off as they drive blindly  into an enemy AO about to wreck a coop mission.

This spoils the fun for the players trying to immerse into the mission and puts a dark cloud over arma gaming from the newcomers perspective.

Your obviously not that kind of player Michael, you've just proved that by posting your question on here.

You are welcome on our servers on our public gaming nights if it fits in with your time zone and am sure you will be welcomed on all the other milsim servers out there due to your positive approach.

Not sure how beginner friendly you're looking for but if mods which makes the game even harder ACE/TFAR etc sounds interesting I know a few ones. I doubt you'd find very good coordination on any public servers not running these mods since a lot of quality within the community has been lost in quantity these days. Good luck with your search! :)