Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

ALiVE ORBAT Creator - Write Files ?

Hi Folks,

Couple questions - noticed a new option in ORBAT to “write files” and “create images” - does this negate the need to download the config files from Github and if so - where does it “write” these files ? I can’t seem to find any documentation on how to use this new feature and the tutorial videos were before they existed...

Can’t seem to find the old files on Github either - would someone have a link in case I do in fact need them ?

If I accidentally exit the ORBAT creator before I’m done - what’s the default key to get back into ORBAT without losing my work ?

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can we get a mod to merge this into the ALiVE thread? Sorry I don’t use ORBAT much myself but I’d at least like to see your question get to the right place and looked at by the right people.

• Like 1

Hi H&V

Yeah - sorry - never know if I should just add to the long mod thread or start my own...

Trying to put together some factions appropriate for the US Grenada invasion (1980’s Urgent Fury)- combining RHS and CUP with a little poetic license to make of for some missing assets...

I found the files on GitHub - so I’m good there - still curious on the others...

Regards,

Scott

@scottb613 unfortunately there is no magical key to return you to the state you were in if you accidentally exit the ORBAT creator. I have done it many times by accident and have become so frustrated that I wanted to rip out my eyeballs. 

As for the files they should be there with the other stuff on the GitHub.

http://alivemod.com/forum/2406-orbat-creator-general-faq

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/ORBAT_Tool

• Like 1

I haven't played around with  the newest version just yet but if I am not mistaken the image portion will be for the various units so that when you are in the editor you can see what they look like for your faction like the "badge" part from RHS, CUP, etc...

• Like 1

I haven't played around with  the newest version just yet but if I am not mistaken the image portion will be for the various units so that when you are in the editor you can see what they look like for your faction like the "badge" part from RHS, CUP, etc...

Hi N,

Hmm - I could have swore I used to get a message stating if you closed the ORBAT editor while in an editing session - you could hit such and such key to get back into it... I don’t see it anymore...

Thanks for the input...

Regards,
Scott