Thorimus

(SOLVED) Spawn vehicle on player-placed marker?

I'm trying to make a script which spawns a vehicle on a player-placed marker.

The following code:

_vic1 = createVehicle ["C_Offroad_01_F",getMarkerPos "VehicleHere",[],0,"NONE"];

does not work, presumably because markerText and markerName are not the same. getMarkerPos works by finding the position of a marker with that specific **name**, not text, and so is useless for determining the position of markers by text, which is what I need. There is no documentation on this (prove me wrong, i beg you) and many hours were wasted trying to get this to work.

I need a script which gets me the position of a marker with specific text, for example "Vehicle Here".

This is beyond my coding ability and it would be a great help if one of you wizards could help me.

E: Courtesy of Schatten, this is the solution:

_marker = "";
{if ((markerText _x) == "MARKERTEXT") exitWith {_marker = _x;};} forEach allMapMarkers;
if (_marker != "") then {
    vic1 = createVehicle ["VEHICLE CLASSNAME", getMarkerPos _marker, [], 0, "NONE"];};

@Thorimus,

_marker = "";

{if ((markerText _x) == "Vehicle Here") exitWith {_marker = _x;};} forEach allMapMarkers;

1 minute ago, Schatten said:

@Thorimus,

_marker = "";

{if ((markerText _x) == "Vehicle Here") exitWith {_marker = _x;};} forEach allMapMarkers;

How do I use this with the createVehicle command?

@Thorimus,

_marker = "";

_vic1 = createVehicle ["C_Offroad_01_F", getMarkerPos _marker, [], 0, "NONE"];
};

9 minutes ago, Schatten said:

@Thorimus,

_marker = "";

_vic1 = createVehicle ["C_Offroad_01_F", getMarkerPos _marker, [], 0, "NONE"];
};

Thank you so much, this spawns the vehicle. However, when I refer to "_vic1" in another piece on script, in gives me an "undefined variable in expression" error for it.  I removed the underscores and now it works. TIL underscores make it so that the variable only works in that scope/script

@Thorimus, sure, _vic1 is defined only in if-statement scope. For _vic1 to be defined outside, just place

_vic1 = objNull;

after

_marker = "";

But don't forget check if _vic1 is null!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Thorimus said:

However, when I refer to "_vic1" in another piece on script, in gives me an "undefined variable in expression" error for it.  I removed the underscores and now it works. TIL underscores make it so that the variable only works in that scope/script

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Variables#Scopes

private _marker = "";

{if ((toLower(markerText _x)) == "vls strike here") exitWith {_marker = _x;};} forEach allMapMarkers;
if (_marker == "") exitWith {};

private _trgt = createVehicle ["C_Offroad_01_F", getMarkerPos _marker, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
west reportRemoteTarget [_trgt, 3600]; 
_trgt confirmSensorTarget [west, true]; 
VLS fireAtTarget [_trgt, "weapon_vls_01"];

Untested