Raider9431

I need a list of ArmA 3 servers that are great for a beginner

So, I have owned ArmA 3 for a while, (a bit more or less than a year, I sorta forgot...) but I haven't really played it much. I would like to play on a multiplayer server. The only issue is, I can't find any servers that are suitable for beginners like myself. Can anyone of you guys please direct me to some good beginner servers?

As a beginner, the first thing you should do is complete all of the tutorials, bootcamp, showcases, time trials and Single player campaign. Once you've completed these, you will have learned proper tactics, how to operate a wide variety of equipment and more importantly, become familiar with the wide range of keybinds that Arma has. Then, and only then, should you progress onto a MP server. Doing so beforehand will lead to an unsatisfactory experience, not only for yourself, but also for the players that have to play with you. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FallujahMedic -FM- said:

As a beginner, the first thing you should do is complete all of the tutorials, bootcamp, showcases, time trials and Single player campaign. Once you've completed these, you will have learned proper tactics, how to operate a wide variety of equipment and more importantly, become familiar with the wide range of keybinds that Arma has. Then, and only then, should you progress onto a MP server. Doing so beforehand will lead to an unsatisfactory experience, not only for yourself, but also for the players that have to play with you. 

I actually have. I also know all the controls. I just need a server that I could play on as a beginner. Thanks for responding by the way.

What sort of gameplay are you looking for?

41 minutes ago, Harzach said:

What sort of gameplay are you looking for?

Anything suitable for a beginner that wouldn't be too complex. I'm looking for something I can be a bit relaxed with, not super realistic.

3 minutes ago, Harzach said:

Sorry, but I didn't find anything that I was looking for in that. I'm looking for a relaxed server with people who are fairly new to the game that I can play with.

Edit: I am not looking for extreme MilSim or realistic warfare type servers.

Edited by Raider9431

You are being far too vague. I&A can be very casual, as I explained in my post in that topic. KotH is the definition of "casual" as far as I'm concerned, though there are some folks/groups that take it fairly seriously. Life/Wasteland/etc. are the same. Heck, all missions are that way. Pick one that doesn't include the terms realism/milsim/etc. and see if you like it. Repeat until you have compiled a list of servers you like. Beyond that, I can only ask, again:

What

exactly

are

you

looking

for
?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Harzach said:

What

exactly

are

you

looking

for
?

Yeah that's pretty important but isn't it MUCH easier to answer once he/she has tried a few different game modes?

Co-op vs PvP (Player versus Player) is one big dimension. Same for infantry or vehicle centric.

I'd try if you can find some nice people to play Zeus mode with (co-op) and you could even try the CTI/EUTW (PvP) - with the strict reservation that you need to learn to identify factions based on their uniform.

Please note that you can filter servers based on the game mode category - each category will have a few variable game modes or server types under it.

2 hours ago, Varis said:

Yeah that's pretty important but isn't it MUCH easier to answer once he/she has tried a few different game modes?

Co-op vs PvP (Player versus Player) is one big dimension. Same for infantry or vehicle centric.

I'd try if you can find some nice people to play Zeus mode with (co-op) and you could even try the CTI/EUTW (PvP) - with the strict reservation that you need to learn to identify factions based on their uniform.

Please note that you can filter servers based on the game mode category - each category will have a few variable game modes or server types under it.

I have the ArmA karts dlc, so are there any good servers for racing?