WoolfyII

Arma 3 Kills Me and I get no FPS

So I run like 20 fps in towns in King Of The Hills when I really shouldn't I've looked up a lot of videos to help with FPS. Let's just say the max I got was 5. My PC Specs are Intel i7-7700 Quad-Core 3.6GHZ, NVIDIA GTX 1060 3GB

16GB ram

• Like 1

20 fps sounds about what you should expect. Don't see the problem? This is Arma, it's not your usual shooter game.

@WoolfyII

PC Specs alone are not a guarantee of great FPS and smooth game-play. With regards to game-play in general, there are a raft of other factors which impact performance, none of which you've mentioned. For example, what is your connection like? What is your ping? Where is the server you're connecting to located? What is their max ping setting? How many players on that server, etc., etc.  Questions like these are just the beginning, because each lead down separate paths. 

• Like 3

I've got a craptop with an intel i5-5200U and geforce 940M with 8GB ddr3 ram.  My usual fps is a stable 25 in multiplayer servers.  (Around 40-50 for single player)  You are doing something wrong, there is nothing wrong with arma.

@Operator_Grim To quote Dwarden:

Arma is optimized within the existing architecture design, so unless you want rewrite of the low level behaviour of engine then there isn't that much to optimize (always is but that's neverending battle)

FPS does not mean better optimisation. 

• Like 3

On 8/24/2018 at 4:17 AM, Dedmen said:

20 fps sounds about what you should expect. Don't see the problem? This is Arma, it's not your usual shooter game.

What? That's not right. In a mission full of AI you should still expect 40-60 FPS depending on your environment (cities should expect much lower)

With that said, the KoTH servers are notoriously laggy (which is a feat for a PURE PLAYER server). I'm not sure how they managed that - but I would not bench your A3 experience off of a KoTH server. Although 20 does sound incredibly low for it.