code34

OO VITEMS - Virtual items & inventory in game

OO VITEMS
Lastest version: 0.4 by Code34

Hi,

I propose a first alpha version of this system, which I will improve if you are interested. This version does not show all the features already present in the library .Virtual Items is an OOP Class which allows to manage virtual inventories in ARMA. This system makes it possible to store virtual objects in any of the 3D objects of the game. In this first demonstration, you will be able to see the contents of 4 x 3D objects deposited in the editor. These virtual objects were created directly via script in the initserver.sqf

More informations:

This class creates containers with properties that will contain virtual objects with properties. The containers are attached to the 3D objects of the game. You can easily add many objects that do not require 3D modeling, and all without using mods: keys, cans, screwdrivers etc.

Properties for the containers are:
- size
- the weight

Properties for objects are:
- the price
- size
- the weight
- the owner
- the description
- durability

These properties may evolve which allows to add very elaborate features to the games. Any feedbacks are welcome ! :drinking2:

Github: https://github.com/code34/oo_vitems.vr

Download: https://github.com/code34/oo_vitems.vr/releases

Reference: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?167980-Object-Oriented-SQF-Scripting-and-Compiling

Features:

- Simple demo version

Licence:
Under Gpl, you can share, modify, distribute this script but don't remove the licence and the name of the original author

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Nice stuff !

Thanks code34 !

you re welcome : ) I am interested in feedbacks and ideas of evolution or integration. Functions will also be added in Qwench

• Like 1

Hi @code34 I'm trying out the demo but I don't know what to do. is there instructions?

thx!

10 minutes ago, gc8 said:

Hi @code34 I'm trying out the demo but I don't know what to do. is there instructions?

thx!

hi :don16:

just check the inventory of each objects and look the initserver.sqf to understand how it works :)

6 minutes ago, code34 said:

hi :don16:

just check the inventory of each objects and look the initserver.sqf to understand how it works :)

I get no action :(

Just now, gc8 said:

I get no action :(

do you download the zip file or files unitary from git ?

1 minute ago, code34 said:

do you download the zip file or files unitary from git ?

the zip "archive/0.1.zip"

Just now, gc8 said:

the zip "archive/0.1.zip"

i have it :) sorry you have to test it in MP mode.

1 minute ago, code34 said:

i have it :) sorry you have to test it in MP mode.

works :D

hello Foxhound

Thanks you for your help on this :)

Hi all :)

Just release a new alpha 0.2 version with some cool features. You normaly can begin to have a nice sharing objects experience !

Release informations:

• add containers capacities /weight informations
  • add player inventory
  • add drop / take actions and switch beetween inventory. You can now take an object in a container and put it in another one :)

screenshot1:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4oa3tvfpwm4vp9s/demoscreen_vitems.png?dl=0

• Like 2

Hi Nicolas. I got an error while dropping an item on ground:

c:\bis\source\stable\futura\lib\network\networkserver.cpp NetworkServer::OnClientStateChanged:NOT IMPLEMENTED - briefing!
16:26:51 Error in expression <all, {nil}])});
["addItem", _item] call _inventory;
(if(isNil "_oopOriginCall")t>
16:26:51   Error position: <_inventory;
(if(isNil "_oopOriginCall")t>
16:26:51   Error Undefined variable in expression: _inventory
16:26:51 File C:\Users\Utilisateur\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\Kobayashi%20Maru\missions\oo_vitems.VR\gui\oo_UI_vitems.sqf, line 91

weaponHolder or container missing?

Edited

_inventory = cursorObject getVariable "inventory";

If player is pointing at ground, cursorObject is null. On the other hand, as far as these items are not modded (Arma Vanilla), it's useless to create a container for nuts. In this case, just delete the entry in the inventory and manage all other data.

But I suppose the aim is to drop a modded item (existing in Vanilla or mods).

So, if (isNull cursorbject) then {_inventory = "groundWeaponholder" createVehicle getpos cursorObject}; // just an example, you can check also the typeof cursorObject

Then you can place the same kind of item (for true modded items) in this holder.

• Like 1

Good idea :)

Currently, I have not looked at this use case yet. In fact, I've planned this system for vanilla play and all non-modeled objects that can not be used by conventional inventory. Maybe in the end there will be a mix with real 3d object, but I'm not there yet :)

For the idea of the "groundWeaponholder", it will anyway be necessary to use a 3d object in which placed the virtual objects on the ground to avoid that the virtual objects are lost when they are dropped. I will look in the list of 3d objects (all ideas are welcome :) ).

Hi Code, nice job as usual!

I think it can be interesting to RP mod. For the 3d, you can use the stanag magazine.

• Like 1

Just a hint, if needed. the groundWeaponHolder disappear when empty, except "WeaponHolderSimulated_Scripted" which can wait for items even if empty.

• Like 2

Hi all

I just release the new version of oo_vitems 0.3

Release informations:

- add multiplayer first implementation

- add a first implementation of button to use object

- simplification of objects declaration with array :)

Example with new object prototype

_inventory = ["new", box] call OO_CONTAINER;
["setProperties", ["Box",100,100]] call _inventory;
_potatoe = ["Potatoe","A vulgar potato damaged","food",2,0.5,"Captain_A",10, {}];
["addItem", _potatoe] call _inventory;

• Like 2

Hello,

the next version will be released soon. If you have ideas, do not hesitate because it's the right moment.

I started adding the features so that the mod is compatible with all maps.

With this new version, you will be able to collect objects in the houses, and all the stuff will spawn randomly :don15:

@code34 I don't know if this has been done already but maybe option to give picture to the items?