MrCrazyDude115

[Question] Would The Arma Community Still Enjoy This?

Hey guys!

So I haven't been on here in while but I thought I'd drop by to ask you guys and gals a question. I have been working on a mod from scratch for almost 2 years, then stopped when I felt like no many people would play it. That was a year ago, and I'm thinking of resuming development. Basically it's a mix of Arma 3 Life and DayZ, but with a huge focus on Roleplay, missions, and quests where the players will have to work together. I ran multiple test servers with 30+ players and it was one of the best roleplaying experiences. I already have a ton of lore and story behind it that I even started working on a whole Wiki detailing all the main NPCs, playeable and non-playable, factions, etc...

Would you guys be interested in playing it if it was to come out? It used to be under a different name, "Red Venus". You can check an early Pre-Alpha build for yourself and indepth info here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=679223128

So should I continue work on this? Thanks!

Kind regards,

MrCrazyDude115

• Like 3

It’s a cool idea, I’ve seen it around before, but if you’ve got unique and original content then it’s probably better than most of the options out there. In all likelihood, this is not a welcome idea on these forums as most people tend to look down on these “RP” communities because of the reputation they have created themselves over the years. 

Either way, I look forward to seeing this and wish you the best of luck 

• Like 2

What makes this different is how the game is split.

Those who play as a military faction will play a sort of Mil-sim type way, while those who play as survivors will just "RP".

Thank you for the encouragement!

• Like 1

it sounds interesting, and it would be quite a waste to just throw it all away anyways wouldn't it? people have problems with the life mod community because they're toxic, they're immature, and they don't respect any IP ever. set your mod apart from that mold (which really shouldn't be hard) and there shouldn't be massive opposition. this is something I would definitely check out.

• Like 5

As stated before the idea is awesome

Sadly most RP communities have amassed a bad reputation for their ways. However if you're using original content or base arma 3 stuff it would be cool to see fleshed out. Or even allowing the players to use custom content mods. As a survival mod enthusiast I'd love to see it!

• Like 2

Original concepts and content are always welcome and in all likelyhood someone would enjoy playing this type of gamemode. As its said here as long as you create legit original work there are no problems at all.

The main question in my opinion is: Do you enjoy making it? Because if you do enjoy making mods you should do it, its a nice and creative hobby with endless possibilities.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, HorribleGoat said:

The main question in my opinion is: Do you enjoy making it? Because if you do enjoy making mods you should do it, its a nice and creative hobby with endless possibilities.

Yes I love making mods for games, but I also want people to play said mods. Multiplayer gamemodes require other people to play it in good amounts, and I'd rather make a mod in Arma or another game that people will play and enjoy rather than something people won't play.