Sign in to follow this  
Harnu

Ofp combat photography. No pics over 100kb.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sgt. Milkman @ April 09 2003,12:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ April 09 2003,06:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">~Too Tall~ try again and this time abide by the >100kb rule, there have been enough warnings to other people for you to be more than aware of the ruling, if you can't be bothered to check your pics then I can't be bothered to edit your post, thus I simply deleted it.<span id='postcolor'>

Thats not very nice placebo.

It mighta been a good pic too.<span id='postcolor'>

yes actualy they were good pics and if that SOB botherd to check rather then be a dick about it, he woulda seen that all my pics were no more then 100kb. i did check as i uploaded them myself. not a single one of my screenshots ever takin in the history of OFP has been over 100kb mad.gif  but hey u wanna be a dick about it fine. i understand that u get paid to act the way u do so what the hell be good at it right

btw i had about 5 pictures showing (all under 100kb), 12 pictures linked(all from OFP), 2 pictures from Delta Froce Blackhawk Down, and 1 picture from Americas Army

btw id like to add that it took me an hour and a halfe to post those pics, and links, correct them and everything else. which is WHY im so fucking pissed right now

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ April 10 2003,02:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm thinking of creating a website to host the screenshots from this thread, and create a thumbnail gallery...whaddya think, good idea?<span id='postcolor'>

ya bro go for it. that way we can submit our pics for show without having any bullshit about it. i got about 2 MB worth of OFP screenshots that id love to show off but its too much trouble uploading them all

btw im not watchin thsi thread so any comments that need for me to read should be PMed to me.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i understand that u get paid to act the way u do so what the hell be good at it right

<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe you could show more respect to your fellow moderators. None of them is paid by BIS or CM, they are doing this service to the community in their free time - and I have to say they are doing it pretty good.

Anyone visiting other forums can easily tell this forum is very clean and well moderated when compared to them - and this is mostly result of the efforts of Placebo and other moderators.

ill show them respect when they start showin it to the rest of this "community".

fuck it im goin to bed, too tired to deal wiht this shit right now.....

From Major Fubar

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm thinking of creating a website to host the screenshots from this thread, and create a thumbnail gallery...whaddya think, good idea?<span id='postcolor'>

Excellent idea Major Fubar ,

If you have the time and the webspace to create such a gallery with thumbnails etc it can be very interesting

I am always afraid that we will lose some "high grade" OFP pictures that can be found on the 47 pages of this thread because people creating them will need at a time or another more space in their host and so remove them.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (~Too Tall~ @ April 10 2003,10:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">my pics were no more then 100kb<span id='postcolor'>

Funny how two of yours where so plz don't say that placebo was wrong as he wasn't.

I dunno Fubar, it might end up like the stunt thread  wow.gif

~Too Tall~ this is the second time in just a week you are trying to flame moderators. On this last page you have violated (at least) these board rules: §1.1, §1.3, §2.6.

I want you to think about if you want to have a future on these forums. Think about it during the next seven days of post restriction.

wow.gif7--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (~Too Tall~ @ April 10 2003,19wow.gif7)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i got about 2 MB worth of OFP screenshots that id love to show off but its too much trouble uploading them all<span id='postcolor'>

That's why the 100Kb rule is necessary, so poor 56k modem schmoes like me won't have to wait 20 minutes to download pictures. Rules are there for a real reason, not just to spite people like you.

If you really think your picture would look better if it wasn't reduced to 100Kb, perhaps you could post a >100Kb image here and link to a full version somewhere else - then people can choose whether to use their bandwidth (or lack of it)...

Most, if not all, of the images posted here are fantastic - I just don't want to wait for an unnecessarily long time to view them...

Edit: sorry to divert the thread again pcverden - back on track now smile.gif

Guest BratZ

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (blackdog~ @ April 07 2003,06:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">bas4.jpg

bas5.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Wow blackdog..thought these were real,but clearly Noe

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BratZ @ April 10 2003,23:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">bas4.jpg

<span id='postcolor'>

very nice blackdog, but what is that strong light coming from the building? explosion or just a light?

It's actually the kiowa warrior demo mission intro - it [the missle] zooms through teh building and at the hip, worth the download smile.gif

Hey, I got an idea, how about someone adds an option to the forum that 56kers can choose, that will allow them not to download images from posts, or images in posts that are over 100kb. Instead for them, it would just show a link so if they really wanted to see it, they could. Then you could eliminate the 100kb rule. Then everbody would be happy, the 56kers, and the people w/ a faster connection, though it may not be possible.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Koolkid101 @ April 11 2003,00:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Are there any image hosting sites that are FREE?  biggrin.gif ?<span id='postcolor'>

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=image+hosting+sites

To the people with the Amazing pics: I was wondering what program you guys/gals use to capture those photos. I have been useing GrabClickSave, but it isnt cutting it. All that program does is darken and distort the pictures I take.

My OFP looks very nice, but I can't seem to get the right screen capture program for it. Can you guys help me?

I use the PrintScrn key smile.gif

OFP Screenshots turn out dark because of OFP's gamma settings, changing an image's gamma makes it nice and bright again.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (pcverden @ April 10 2003,12:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (~Too Tall~ @ April 10 2003,10:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">my pics were no more then 100kb<span id='postcolor'>

Funny how two of yours where so plz don't say that placebo was wrong as he wasn't.<span id='postcolor'>

As my Father used to say "I'm never wrong and right again" wink.gif

As you wisely stated two of the pics were over 100kb and in fact close to 200kb, we've been doing this job a while so we've learned to count now smile.gif

Better that individual posts that break the rules get dealt with than the whole of this excellent thread be put in jeapordy smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sgt. Milkman @ April 11 2003,01:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">To the people with the Amazing pics: I was wondering what program you guys/gals use to capture those photos. I have been useing GrabClickSave, but it isnt cutting it. All that program does is darken and distort the pictures I take.

My OFP looks very nice, but I can't seem to get the right screen capture program for it. Can you guys help me?<span id='postcolor'>

I use this small but very usefull program.

urg placebo, i thought you wouldn´t mention the 102kb on my last pic...  tounge.gif

this time 94kb ranger action

ranger.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ April 11 2003,12:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">http://www.boomspeed.com/major_fubar/snowsniper.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

VERY NICE!

Good "camera" position and excellent lightning in this picture!

Setting is also great!

MfG Lee smile.gif