Nichols

[WIP] Black Hornet PRS

@Nichols What's the correct path to the drone in the editor ?

There is no miscellaneous items path in the editor props and I can't find it.

I found it.

Cheers.

Glad you found it @cb65 wish I had seen this earlier.

So in the future once I get the flight issues sorted again I plan to make this one available to all factions and also work on making it able to be hacked as well. Although that last part is probably not going to be super high on the to do list.

OK so how many of you guys have mouse input turned on as your primary flight control for drones? I just turned my Corsair mouse control way down and I am almost fly it for more than 500 meters. I say almost because the control input from the mouse gets a little wonky when you try to over correct from a small turn and then you are fighting to get back to level flight. I also commented out several items in the config that seemed to create problems as well.

Have you updated the steam version with your updates? as of right now, the steam version can't get off the ground. I think it still has the weight issue.

On 10/21/2019 at 8:38 PM, Sgt_Krunch said:

Have you updated the steam version with your updates? as of right now, the steam version can't get off the ground. I think it still has the weight issue.

Yes the steam version has been updated as well. 

Dunno if you've solved the flight issues yet, but one possible solution could be to add four invisible "boxes" on each side of the drone in the GEO LOD. Basically something like this:

wBaElxD.png

I tried a few tests using the unbinarised model and it seemed fairly stable, though it's inconsistent sometimes and can still flip uncontrollably at high speeds. I'm guessing the distance that the "boxes" are positioned away from the drone's body & their weight still needs to be tweaked to get the right balance.

• Like 2