EO

Sullen Skies, Ambient Animals, Animals Module-Extended

15 hours ago, EO said:

@johnnyboy I feel ya man, I'm kinda late to the pollen party myself, but as I entered my 50th year on this planet it decide to send me an non-negotiable invitation. :yay:    

So you're my age. My pollen party started almost 20 years ago. I've never looked back, too busy blowing my nose.

• Haha 1

I'm starting allergy shots tomorrow!   I'm allergic to the entire solar system.

• Like 1

I had hayfever since I was a kid. I started eating local, unpasteurized honey. After a year, it went away. I tried shots before and didn't work for me. Been good for probably 8 years or so.

• Like 2

On 8/15/2018 at 4:58 PM, EO said:

ArmaIII has yanked the Zone from the Workshop (again). I don't suppose anyone knows how to contact him? I'd be willing to upload it on my workshop but I don't want to get in trouble of course.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, AZCoder said:

ArmaIII has yanked the Zone from the Workshop (again). I don't suppose anyone knows how to contact him? I'd be willing to upload it on my workshop but I don't want to get in trouble of course.

That totally sucks.  I assume that ruins the scariest arma mission I've ever played...

• Like 1

I’m fairly certain ArmanIII was quoted as saying he was making the Zone for DayZ so he’s still should available to contact via Discord.

That does indeed suck that it’s been pulled from the Workshop, I can imagine that’s scuppered a whole heap of cool missions. Shame.

I’ll try and reach out to him on Discord  later today, I’m sure I’ve spoke with him privately a while back. 

• Thanks 1

y0BsJFc.png

Added support for :

Omaha
Tobruk
Volkhov
Neaville
El Alamein
Ardennes (1944)
Merderet River (France)

(Server Owners please note, mod has been resigned with a new server key)

Steam Workshop.

• Like 2

Hi EO, theres is any version for Gulfcoast Islands? https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1617004814

thanks

N7Rapfx.png

Sullen Skies tweaks the cloud and overcast systems for Novogorsk.

Darker, more turbulent clouds.
Lowers base cloud significantly.
No cloudless skies.

Environmental soundscape from Livonia.

Ambient Birds: Adds crows, kestrels, eagles to the ambient system.

Autumn Leaves: Wind affected leaves, grasses and pollen.

Server key included.

Thanks to swurvin for creating an authentic provence of Chernarus.

Steam Workshop.

It should if the map author has kept the same classname for both versions, it would need to be tested on the V2 version as I used the classname from the CUP version.

If it doesn't just holler back and I'll upload a version for V2.

😊@honger

EO, I looked through the thread but may have missed the answers...

First up, is there a way to toggle Sullen Skies on or off at the load of a mission?  For example, I may want clear skies in one mission, but then use the Sullen Skies effect in another.  I'm guessing the answer is no, since I don't believe it's actually creating a mission dependency.

Secondly, regarding your animals for specific maps vs. the "All Animals" general mod...  You said the general mod creates a mission dependency, I'm assuming the map-specific mods do the same, but they're just selecting specific animals that fit that map, correct?  I ask because I only just discovered Kujari by Temmpa (not sure how I missed that amazing map), and was wondering if a map-specific mod matching theNiakala Animal mod would better fit than just the generic "All Animals" mod.  If I'm understanding the difference between the two, have you thought about making a map-specific mod for Kujari?

Regardless, thanks for continuing to crank out these immersive additions for all of these maps.

49 minutes ago, gatordev said:

First up, is there a way to toggle Sullen Skies on or off at the load of a mission?  For example, I may want clear skies in one mission, but then use the Sullen Skies effect in another.  I'm guessing the answer is no, since I don't believe it's actually creating a mission dependency.

Unfortunately not as the mod is a map specific config edit of the SimulWeather class, so your either all in or all out.

I guess the "no cloudless skies" feature can be a deal breaker for some mission makers.

Secondly, regarding your animals for specific maps vs. the "All Animals" general mod...  You said the general mod creates a mission dependency, I'm assuming the map-specific mods do the same, but they're just selecting specific animals that fit that map, correct?  I ask because I only just discovered Kujari by Temmpa (not sure how I missed that amazing map), and was wondering if a map-specific mod matching theNiakala Animal mod would better fit than just the generic "All Animals" mod.  If I'm understanding the difference between the two, have you thought about making a map-specific mod for Kujari?

The "All Animals" mod is built upon the vanilla Animals module so when placed it does indeed create a dependency.

However the map specific animal mods work like Sullen Skies, they are map specific config edits of the AmbientA3 class, and like Sullen Skies don't create dependency.

Map specific animals for Kujari? Good call, I'll see what I can do.:rthumb:    

Regardless, thanks for continuing to crank out these immersive additions for all of these maps.

Thanks mate, glad you like them.:icon_biggrin:

1 hour ago, EO said:

Unfortunately not as the mod is a map specific config edit of the SimulWeather class, so your either all in or all out.

I guess the "no cloudless skies" feature can be a deal breaker for some mission makers.

That's what I figured.  I get why you made it that way, as why put an effect in if you're not going to use it.  Honestly, I think the main place where this might matter is the arid African maps, which may be a smaller player base.  It is what it is, so thanks for the response.

1 hour ago, EO said:

The "All Animals" mod is built upon the vanilla Animals module so when placed it does indeed create a dependency.

However the map specific animal mods work like Sullen Skies, they are map specific config edits of the AmbientA3 class, and like Sullen Skies don't create dependency.

Map specific animals for Kujari? Good call, I'll see what I can do.:rthumb:

Oh, wow, that's actually better than I was hoping for.  A map-specific animal edit that isn't a dependency?  Sign me up!  Thanks for looking at it!

• Like 1

@gatordev For your personal pleasure as I'm still currently experiencing intermittent issues launching the Publisher for the Workshop, long story, don't ask....

Ambient Animals for Kujari.

Sullen Skies for Kujari. (an experimental cloudless version, the transitions seem to work pretty well, maybe you'll find it useful for your initial query.) 

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/8y0l8ck1t5hdtyug07u3l/h?dl=0&rlkey=8kf4rl0yumzbvyvisajiribpq

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, EO said:

@gatordev For your personal pleasure as I'm still currently experiencing intermittent issues launching the Publisher for the Workshop, long story, don't ask....

Ambient Animals for Kujari.

Sullen Skies for Kujari. (an experimental cloudless version, the transitions seem to work pretty well, maybe you'll find it useful for your initial query.) 

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/8y0l8ck1t5hdtyug07u3l/h?dl=0&rlkey=8kf4rl0yumzbvyvisajiribpq

Thank you so much!  I'll load them up today and have a look.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2023 at 4:31 AM, EO said:

Some quick feedback...I think the transition works very well.  I haven't watched it happen in a mission yet when there's a slower transition, but jumping back and forth in 3den makes for a convincing blend.  I'm not sure if the same thing can be done on other maps.

Thanks again and hope it can make it up on the Workshop when you're able.

• Thanks 1