EO

Sullen Skies, Ambient Animals, Animals Module-Extended

@HBAOplus

Yes I'm aware of that, similarly you can't load Frozen VR and Deserted VR either, similar configs conflicting with each other I guess.

The only way around it would be for me to remove the VR version from Sullen Skies or users just need to load one or the other. 

And now for something completely different.... 

uOdzdRe.png

Serene Skies essentially removes the Cloud System from Sefrou-Ramal.

Features:

No rain.
No cloud cover.
Dry thunderstorms.
(Dry thunderstorms produce thunder and lightning but most or all of its precipitation evaporates before reaching the ground. (a common feature of a desert region.)

Considerations for Mission Makers:

Although clouds have been removed Overcast values still apply, meaning it will still darken as Overcast values are applied.

While in the Editor, setting Overcast values beyond 70% will result in falling rain, this will cease upon mission start unless the rain override feature has been used.
Although rain has been removed it can still be forced by using the override feature in the Environmental Settings, however there will still be no cloud cover, only overcast.

Raison d'être:

I wanted to experiment with a mod that created weather conditions similar to a desert region without using the environmental settings found in Eden, basically plug and play.  

It's already been pointed out to me that these conditions can be met with the environmental settings, however, in my own testing on very long missions that span consecutive day/night cycles, the arma engine will always generate light cloud cover especially around dawn. This mod will negate this from happening.

Steam Workshop.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 11/21/2021 at 6:45 PM, EO said:

Although clouds have been removed Overcast values still apply, meaning it will still darken as Overcast values are applied.

Hey EO,

If you want to prevent this see class Weather >> Overcast and replace Weathers 2-6 with params from Weather1 and you're golden!

See also rainEnabled and/or class RainConfig to control rain.

See https://arma3library.gitlab.io/# CfgWorlds for more details.

• Thanks 1

Those are beautiful pics. Cool car in the 2nd pic.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, AZCoder said:

Cool car in the 2nd pic.

Thanks Bro' and a Happy New Year to you. 

The car is from IFA3. 😉

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AZCoder said:

Those are beautiful pics. Cool car in the 2nd pic.

I think that car is either Faces of War or Iron Front... something WW2

6 minutes ago, Micky Nub said:

I just tried this mod and I have not noticed any animals. Am I doing somthing wrong?

Are you loading this mod along with Chernarus Redux? What other mods are you loading?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Micky Nub said:

I just tried this mod and I have not noticed any animals. Am I doing somthing wrong?

Just ran a quick test on Chernarus Redux and all animals spawn in as intended.

You are referring to this mod as there are lots of animal related mods in this thread.

• Like 1

EO, I didn't know about the other one call 'Ambient Animals - Chernarus Redux' until now.

Which one should be used?

UPDATED:

I still have no animals.

I unchecked all DLCs and Mods.

Then checked only 'Arma 3 Animals Module - Extended'.

Started the Revenge senario and no animals.

Then tried 'Ambient Animals - Chenarus Redux'. with its dependencies.

43 minutes ago, Micky Nub said:

Then checked only 'Arma 3 Animals Module - Extended'.

Arma 3 Animals Module - Extended doesn't spawn animals around the player, it merely adds more animals to the existing Animal Module for manual placement in the Editor.

49 minutes ago, Micky Nub said:

Then tried 'Ambient Animals - Chenarus Redux'. with its dependencies.

As I said earlier, I tested Ambient Animals - Chernarus Redux on Chernarus Redux after your initial post and it works as intended so I not sure what else to suggest other than give the animals time to spawn in and around the player, they won't just spawn in the instant you start a scenario, they will spawn in randomly over time.  

• Like 1

I can verify that I dropped a dude into NW area of Chernarus Redux and after a couple mins I found sheep grazing on a hill.

• Thanks 1

Small update to Sullen Skies - Gabreta: 

Added and increased leaves, grasses and pollen to the Ambient System in and around trees and forests. (wind affected)

Steam Workshop

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EO said:

Added and increased leaves, grasses and pollen to the Ambient System in and around trees and forests. (wind affected)

Beautiful, but you won't catch me there, as I'm already suffering hard from pollen allergies!!!

• Sad 1

@johnnyboy I feel ya man, I'm kinda late to the pollen party myself, but as I entered my 50th year on this planet it decide to send me an non-negotiable invitation. :yay:    

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1