EO

Sullen Skies, Ambient Animals, Animals Module-Extended

Hello Mr. EO! Thank you for sharing your color corrections with us. I have added it directly to my mission scripts and everyone who has played is very grateful. Thank you.

• Like 1

Regarding Sullen Skies for Moschnyi Island and Caribou Frontier....Since there is currently no access to Armaholic or it's database I've added alternative download links for each of these terrains on their respective Workshop pages.

Moschnyi Island.

Caribou Frontier.

• Like 3

Hey EO, can you add sullen skies to Beketov, if possible?

On 5/20/2021 at 9:40 AM, EO said:

Water Buffalo courtesy of Justin N. 

Hey EO ol' buddy.  I'm having fun in Nam with the Water Buffalo right now.  I noticed that the buffalo are invincible to bullets when they are playing the "cow_idle_eat" animation with their head down.  As soon as they start walking again they can be killed.  It doesn't really bother me much, but I thought I would pass it on in case you or Justin want to address it.

Have a fantastic summer brother!

• Thanks 1

Duly noted JB, I'll speak to Justin about it, I think that should be relatively easy to remedy. :rthumb:

Thanks for the Summer wishes bud, have a good one yourself. :sun:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EO said:

Duly noted JB, I'll speak to Justin about it, I think that should be relatively easy to remedy.

If you're chatting to Justin anyway...I think the run and walk animations are the same (at least I can't tell the difference when I switchmove those anims).  It would be really nice if they could run, and therefore react to danger.

Regarding danger reaction, I think you (the great EO) modified the boars to react to danger.  Could that be done for the buffaloes?  I guess that is different because boars are reacting to any AI presence, which isn't the same for domesticated water buffalo.  But we can script reactions if need be by attaching them to hidden AI units.  But once again, a faster run animation would be great.  Only if its easy and Justin is interested in doing it.

Thanks for listening!😀  And as an incentive, I'm working on something fun for these buffalo!

Any thoughts on sullen skies for Beketov?

Love the mod!!

• Like 1

1 idea for future buffalo versions: if possible, make female buffalos as well - it felt kinda... odd when I was testing the buffalos 1st time in a mission with Heros Survive & added to them my script originally made for the Warfare Thai cows to give the Heros Survive "milk" item. Imagine my disgust when i realized ALL buffolos are bulls and therefor give "Leche del Toro" only! 🤢🤮 

Other than that, it was a great addition to the mission to have some more "livestock" options than just sheep and goats!

Edited by tourist
Huh? Post hidden? Why?
  • Haha 1

Hey EO, happy summer!

I want to use the "WildBoar_Danger" sound for buffaloes when shot (and set the pitch high).  say3D doesn't work on dead buffalo agents, so I want to use playSound3D.  For that I need the the full path to the "WildBoar_Danger.ogg" file.  Can you post the full path?  Cheers mate!

29 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Hey EO, happy summer!

I want to use the "WildBoar_Danger" sound for buffaloes when shot (and set the pitch high).  say3D doesn't work on dead buffalo agents, so I want to use playSound3D.  For that I need the the full path to the "WildBoar_Danger.ogg" file.  Can you post the full path?  Cheers mate!

playSound3D ["WildBoar\sounds\Sound1.wss",dood]

• Thanks 1

On 6/13/2021 at 7:19 PM, rowdied said:

Any thoughts on sullen skies for Beketov?

Love the mod!!

Hey there, sorry bud I missed this post...

As Beketov inherits from Stratis, you can run the vanilla version of Sullen Skies and it will work with Beketov. :rthumb: 

• Like 1

Pn2ee3t.png

uFn6ZYo.png

N3mdir6.png

This version also adds some animals to the Ambient System. (crow, eagle, seagull, rabbit)

Thanks to @jakerod, @W0lle

Steam Workshop

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

LKtsHUk.png

osd4lJ8.png

IiAiQAf.png

lKeRcax.png

HQJ6NzM.png

gQ0Bfgq.png

oDCfY4U.png

This version adds birds to the Ambient System. (Crow, Eagle)

Thanks to all the CSLA Iron Curtain team.

Steam Workshop,

(Just noticed this is my 100th Arma 3 mod on the Steam Workshop.) :rthumb: 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Yes! My favorite map. Nice eagle pic :)

• Like 1

Hey EO, have you seen the Rat? 🐀 Rats could be a great addition to your ambient animals...  Anything that makes the armaverse nastier and dirtier is good IMO.  I can't figure out how to get rats in game though.  I don't see Rat under Animals, Civs, or Modules, and don't know the class name either.  I posted a question in steam...

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2571905654

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

Hey EO, have you seen the Rat? 🐀 

I can't figure out how to get rats in game though.  I don't see Rat under Animals, Civs, or Modules, and don't know the class name either.  I posted a question in steam...

Bro, I hate to be the one to break it to ya, but the rat is not what it may seem....

Spoiler

WxFUGmh.png

:rofl:

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, EO said:

Bro, I hate to be the one to break it to ya, but the rat is not what it may seem....

Sheeeeeeeyit.  lol.  I was all excited about rats in VC prisoner cages, rats snacking on corpses,  bbq rat on a stick, etc.  Bummer!

• Haha 1

I feel ya bro'....thought it would be perfect for the post-apo scene....I think the Chernarus Redux mod has a rat in it, but it's a scary ass mutation of the arma rabbit iirc...there's no way I'm BBQing that thing

• Haha 1

gP948Df.jpg

Adds Animals to the Ambient System for Khe Sanh

Goats
Crows
Eagles
Poultry
Wild Boar
Water Buffalo

Server keys included.

Credits for the Water Buffalo model are:
S&S Team (Justin N. and Simcardo)
Kent Mori (Scanned the original buffalo)

A few know issues/limitations:
Water Buffalo currently have no sounds.
Possible initial micro-freeze as animals are first spawned in.
Larger animals like Goats, Boar and Buffalo can occasionally spawn in players vision, most notably on open ground.

For a detailed description of the Arma Ambient System: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Animals:_Ambient_System

If you want have areas of the map animal free here's a area trigger example you can use.

It deactivates ambient animals when the player enters trigger area.
It re-activates ambient animals when player leaves trigger area.

STEAM WORKSHOP 

• Like 3

Awesome.  I ALWAYS have time for an EO contribution.  Let's get it on in Khe Sanh!

• Like 1