EO

Sullen Skies, Ambient Animals, Animals Module-Extended

49 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Question 1:  Is there a way to turn off Boar's runaway behavior for a particular boar?  I'm considering scripting a boar charge attack at AI or player under certain circumstances.

The HumanFear script is handled by an Eventhandler in the main config, not entirely sure if it can be disabled for a particular Boar, maybe if the Boar is named then some scripting might be able to remove the eventhandler? Just guessing as you know scripting isn't my thang.

49 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Question 2:  What is path to boar sound file so I can play it on demand?

Here's part of the config that handles the boar sounds...

Spoiler

class CfgSounds
{
	class WildBoar_Danger
	{
		name="WildBoar_Danger";
		sound[]=
		{
			"\WildBoar\sounds\Sound1.wss",
		};
		titles[]=
		{
			"WildBoar - danger."
		};
	};
	class WildBoar_IdleComm
	{
		name="WildBoar_IdleComm";
		sound[]=
		{
			"\WildBoar\sounds\Sound2.wss",
		};
		titles[]=
		{
			"WildBoar - idle communication."
		};
	};
};

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, EO said:

The HumanFear script is handled by an Eventhandler in the main config, not entirely sure if it can be disabled for a particular Boar, maybe if the Boar is named then some scripting might be able to remove the eventhandler? Just guessing as you know scripting isn't my thang.

Thanks for the sound paths, and the HumanFear info (is that a reality tv show?).  I just remembered I can always attach the boar to an invisible ai agent, and force him to do what I want.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Another question for grand lad EO!

I love Sullen Skies in Nam...what combo of weather settings do you recommend to get most dramatic visual sky fx?   Also are there better time of day/night for these visuals?

I'm currently working on a script to get AI boats to navigate Mekong Delta swamps (which are beautiful, and it sucks AI can't navigate there).  I'm also planning a mission there.  When I put out a sample vid, I want the sky to be glorious!!!

35 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

I love Sullen Skies in Nam...what combo of weather settings do you recommend to get most dramatic visual sky fx?   Also are there better time of day/night for these visuals?

My recommendations for most dramatic skies:

Overcast setting, anything from 0-40% 

Time of day, anything between 0800-1700hrs

Month, any month really but if using winter months, Oct-March I'd alter the time settings maybe 0900-1530hrs

For the best visual "pop" I would also recommend using ReColor with my own preset...

"EO_Real_3",0.8,0.72,-0.06,0,0,0,-1,2,2,2,1.07,-4,2.47,2.53,0,0,1,1,0,1

pymmAAq.png

1WXN0CV.png

5WrsgCG.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

What's recolor?

:rthumb:

• Thanks 1

Coming soon to Cam Lao Nam....

Spoiler

tKlKTeP.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I'm totally looking forward to seeing those beasts roam the rice patties!

In other news, I'm not sure you are aware, but I think you've created....drumroll....wait for it....MANATEES!

I'm testing a vc boat script so cruising the Mekong for hours today, and kept seeing these brown lumps in the distance popping up in the water and then disappearing before I got near them.  I thought it was a prairie fire easter egg of some water creature.  Then finally saw a boar spawn on land and now think boars are spawning in water, then quickly despawning.  You may want to do a surfaceIsWater check before spawning the boar.  Hahaha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the report JB, I'll fix that when I'm adding in the Water buffalo later today. 🐃

• Like 1

Ambient Animals for Cam Lao Nam has been updated: 

tKlKTeP.jpg

Water Buffalo have been added to the Ambient System for Cam Lao Nam.

Boars should no longer spawn in/around water.

Credits for the Water Buffalo model are: S&S Team - Justin N. and Simcardo and Kent Mori (Original buffalo scan.)

Steam Workshop.

• Like 8

@Private Evans There is some guy on the Prairie Fire Discord teasing some in-game pics of a tiger, hopefully he shares what he has.....

• Like 1

@EO, you da man! A veritable Water Buffalo! And I bet you made it drop ravage meat when killed, rite?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tourist said:

@EO, you da man! A veritable Water Buffalo! And I bet you made it drop ravage meat when killed, rite?

Haha, buffalo steak will only be on the menu if @haleks adds support somewhere down the line. 🥩 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ahh, for the time being we still have the awesome script from our friend @GEORGE FLOROS GR which can be used to make any entity drop e.g. ravage meat or whatever you put in the arrays... AFAIK you could make zombies drop stuff like frith's ruins clothes with it, thus simulating the skinning of the zeds...🤮

• Sad 1

is ist possible to simply put or use a single one of these awesome water buffalos in the editor ?

15 minutes ago, Private Evans said:

is ist possible to simply put or use a single one of these awesome water buffalos in the editor ?

Yes, I shoulda mentioned that in the description, but there is a placeable Buffalo in the Editor under Props>Animals>Terrestrial>Asian Water Buffalo :icon_biggrin:

It's worth noting that the Buffalo available in the Editor, when placed will be slightly submerged in the ground, this is normal, and functions just fine when previewed. 

• Like 1

Congrats on the buffalo! I just hope no forest rangers/wildlife management will see me hunting them down with M79...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, EO said:

Yes, I shoulda mentioned that in the description, but there is a placeable Buffalo in the Editor under Props>Animals>Terrestrial>Asian Water Buffalo :icon_biggrin:

It's worth noting that the Buffalo available in the Editor, when placed will be slightly submerged in the ground, this is normal, and functions just fine when previewed. 

Now somebody can create an Apocolypse Now mission. Poor water buffalo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

With regards to Ambient Animals for Cam Lao Nam, someone has asked how to disable ambient wildlife around Pleiku airfield, so here is an example...

N3oJo6V.png

It deactivates ambient animals when the player enters trigger area.
It re-activates ambient animals when player leaves trigger area.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

"Animals Module - Extended" has been updated: Added Water Buffalo.

KnNZ4TB.png

Water Buffalo courtesy of Justin N. :thanx:

STEAM WORKSHOP

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

STAMPEDE!!!!!🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

• Haha 1