EO

Sullen Skies, Ambient Animals, Animals Module-Extended

On 7/24/2019 at 12:15 PM, EO said:

Adds Wildboars to the Eden Editor.

Hey EO, I just rewatched your boar vid (on desert VR) on steam.  When boars running, I noticed no dust being kicked up.  I have a little script to add that in if you think you want it.

Edit:  In my JBOY Animal Move thread reveal the code under JBOY_AninmalAIFuncs.sqf.   The dust effects is last function at bottom of that code.  Its called in a loop higher up in thread.

• Like 1

@johnnyboy Thanks buddy, I also have a fix for the strange running animations courtesy of Rawr-Tech. I'll try and wrap these tweaks into the next update sometime soon™. 🐗

• Like 1

ryx0P4U.png

(This edition also adds crows and eagles to the ambient animal system.)

Steam Workshop.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, EO said:

(This edition also adds crows and eagles to the ambient animal system.)

Steam Workshop.

Does this cover "Carter_Winter" map as well, aka Pecher with Snow?

Winter and Zarzibash are coming mate, they will be bundled into the Pecher release but as separate pbo's. :f:

• Thanks 1

Sullen Skies - Pecher, added support for Pecher Winter and Zarzibash  

RdxUCjx.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zukov said:

EO but the wild boars are gone?

Gone from where?....those buggy little buggers are still on the Workshop, at least on my end.

2bw32H3.png

UVs9XTx.png

Known issue: When exiting the Editor an error appears which is related the map scenes data, this can be closed and ignored, has no effect on functionality of the map itself.  
Steam Workshop

• Like 3

VKafUIw.png

Sullen Skies - Ruha   

Steam Workshop.

for Gill93                                               

• Like 3

@EO Dude, do I need to use the mod "Ambient Birds for Altis, Stratis and Malden" eagle while using the TPW mod?

4 hours ago, ducphuli said:

@EO Dude, do I need to use the mod "Ambient Birds for Altis, Stratis and Malden" eagle while using the TPW mod?

You would have to edit the tpw_animals.sqf to spawn an eagle around the player, or you can load up Ambient Birds and it just does the rest for you.😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EO said:

You would have to edit the tpw_animals.sqf to spawn an eagle around the player, or you can load up Ambient Birds and it just does the rest for you.😉

Thanks author, I don't know how to fix the file "tpw_animals.sqf". Am I using File "TPW_MODS.hpp" that doesn't allow editing that? 🤩

Cool EO, I'm gonna load these up since I'm totally addicted to Cam Lao Nam right now!  😀

Have you considered adding in JBOY Chicken script to your ambient poultry?  I believe they are MP compliant..🐔

• Like 2

Yeah man, I love that funky chicken script!! ^^ :icon_biggrin:

• Haha 2

Dude, a black goat nearly made me crap my pants!  I was stalking in the jungle in a Mike Force mission all wired tight, and this black shape came out of a bush 8 feet from my left!!!   :scared:🐐

• Haha 1

Hey EO ol' buddy, I have a couple questions and a suggestion.

Question 1:  Is there a way to turn off Boar's runaway behavior for a particular boar?  I'm considering scripting a boar charge attack at AI or player under certain circumstances.

Question 2:  What is path to boar sound file so I can play it on demand?

Suggestion:  Make a snake variant that does not disappear when surfaceIsWater.  There must be a config setting for this animal that does that.  Even if you create your own as an agent, he disappears when over water.  I want my grunts wading thru the Mekong Delta and seeing those nasty little suckers swimming by!

We're all busy of course, so only do this if it interests you as well, its easy, and you have time.   Thanks for listening!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Suggestion:  Make a snake variant that does not disappear when surfaceIsWater.  There must be a config setting for this animal that does that.  Even if you create your own as an agent, he disappears when over water.  I want my grunts wading thru the Mekong Delta and seeing those nasty little suckers swimming by!

We're all busy of course, so only do this if it interests you as well, its easy, and you have time.   Thanks for listening!

Snakes in water? You are psychotic, amigo.

:D

btw - you can find the wildboar sounds by placing a trigger and under effects -> voice -> scroll down to wildboar, there are 2 there

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1