EO

Sullen Skies, Ambient Animals, Animals Module-Extended

I just have to follow this thread to learn about new and interesting maps 😀

• Haha 2

Hello EO.  I've started learning how to my a terrain myself and have happened to use your sullen skies for malden as a starting point.  It will fit in nicely with the dystopian theme that I am going for.  Hopefully you have no issue with such a thing.  You will be in the credits of course.   I'm still reading through the file and learning what means what.   Thanks for making these changes to the clouds, it really affects the mood of the maps!  :thumbsup:

--ATV

• Like 1

@accuracythruvolume 

Thanks for the kind words and feel free to integrate any aspect of the mod into your map.

For further reading I'd recommend checking out some of the official documentation from truSKY, most but not all of those variables have some relevance to SimulWeather and Overcast classes used in Arma 3. They certainly helped me in giving a better understanding of what's involved in cloud creation within the Arma engine.

Experimenting with some of those variables can give some shall we say other-worldly results...

Spoiler

4TYxQ0E.jpg

• Like 3

inGXQUL.jpg

Updated for RHSPKL, previous version was for PKL LEGACY which is no longer supported by bludclot.

Steam Workshop.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

rsVEE3m.png

Fixed: SimulWeather classes for Weferlingen (Summer) weren't loading properly. (thanks to Shturman for the report)
Mod has been re-signed.
New server key.  

Steam Workshop.

• Like 3

8Vg7AlX.jpg

Steam Workshop.

This edition of Sullen Skies is a new and, i think, improved version of what has gone before.

The cloud grid width, cloud width and noise resolution values have all been tweaked resulting in a significant increase in cloud volume while retaining cloud detail.

I'd like to go back and update all previous versions with this new one, but given there are now 30 versions on the Workshop, it may take some time. :rthumb:

• Like 4

KDzILOz.png

This edition of Sullen Skies for Chernarus Winter is a new and improved version.

Cloud grid width, cloud width and noise resolution values have all been tweaked resulting in a significant increase in cloud volume while retaining cloud detail.

Spoiler

efCDx4k.jpg

O8oBuQM.jpg

RaQh6UG.jpg

SuHFWRP.jpg

EljhItB.png

secuT2n.png

gnMrHnD.png

Steam Workshop.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Lookin' awesome as usual EO!

You might have to make a new orange one to match California now.  That state is burning up and looking freaky.  So glad I moved out 3 years ago.  San Francisco today:

image.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@johnnyboy Yeah man been watching those reports on the news, the World is turning on it's head this year...

• Sad 1

LREECdF.png

This edition of Sullen Skies is a new and improved version: Cloud grid width, cloud width and noise resolution values have all been tweaked resulting in a significant increase in cloud volume while retaining cloud detail.

Steam Workshop.

• Like 8

Looks like a postcard. Beautiful.  I want to live in that cabin.  Might have to patch the roof though.

• Like 1

Love what you are doing with the weather! Is there a sullen skies version for the I44 terrains? More specific Neaville? Been looking for that because I feel that would make the weather an even more interesting gameplay factor in my project.

9 hours ago, drumpiedumpie said:

Love what you are doing with the weather! Is there a sullen skies version for the I44 terrains? More specific Neaville? Been looking for that because I feel that would make the weather an even more interesting gameplay factor in my project.

Thanks for the kind words buddy!

I don't have the time to upload a version to Steam (as you can tell I do like to take a few screenshots as part of the overall package) so in the meantime here is a link to my Dropbox....

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8plgeatwonm6ijs/AAB7ttzsL7KQWspJAe_KoHH8a?dl=0

The folder contains versions for Neaville and Neaville Winter, both versions are signed and include a server key. Ran a quick test to see if everything is working, looks good to me, especially the Winter version. Enjoy!! :rthumb:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, EO said:

I don't have the time to upload a version to Steam (as you can tell I do like to take a few screenshots as part of the overall package) so in the meantime here is a link to my Dropbox.... 

Awesome! That was fast. Much appreciated!

• Like 1

My main man EO is recognized on official Arma Twitter thread!!!  😎👏🍹:respekt:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

:rthumb: Cool! ^^

To celebrate here is a new and improved version of the original Sullen Skies...Cloud width, cloud grid width, noise resolution values have all been tweaked resulting in a significant increase in cloud volume while retaining cloud detail.

For any one who's just passing by and has never tried Sullen Skies before I urge you to give this version a go, been playing a bit of MFS2020 where the skies are always pretty spectacular so I can tell you first-hand, Arma skies are just as good. 

Q6k2H4C.png

Some transitions over Malden...

zzCZeLg.png

eCoZqzW.png

h7pqRKF.png Steam Workshop.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Following on here is an improved version of Sullen Skies for Tanoa... 

SJ7FA2K.jpg

Steam Workshop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

k2GbShW.jpg

3gz09ke.png

This edition of Sullen Skies - TRIA is a new and improved version: Cloud grid width, cloud width and noise resolution values have all been tweaked resulting in a significant increase in cloud volume while retaining cloud detail.

Steam Workshop.

• Like 2

2h7jecY.png

Requested by "Hi, I'm Ben!" already had a private version for Anizay so...

Steam Workshop.

• Like 2